<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Jewish settlers prepare for withdrawal
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-17 21:29

          Hundreds of Jewish settlers took first steps Thursday to eventually leave their homes in the Gaza Strip, a day after Israel's parliament approved $871 million in compensation for them, the final legislative hurdle for Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's withdrawal plan.

          Many of the 9,000 settlers to be removed from their homes under the plan had strongly opposed the bill, hoping a defeat in parliament would scuttle the program to withdraw from Gaza and four West Bank settlements. But the 59-40 vote for the compensation plan Wednesday persuaded many the withdrawal would proceed.

          About 200 families are now preparing to file compensation claims, said Yosef Tamir, a lawyer representing those families.

          "Now that the legislation is complete, the rights of the settlers need to be implemented, the timetable is short and we can't have a situation where they are left without homes but having not yet received their rightful dues," he told Israel Radio.

          Mali Gross, a mother of four who lives in the northern Gaza settlement of Elei Sinai, said she had been waiting for the bill to pass before preparing her children and herself to starting a new life in a neighborhood in the nearby city of Ashkelon.

          "The hardest part is to really know when to pack our bags. I would like to put it off for as long as legally possible, when they tell us when we are to move," she told Army Radio.

          Many other settlers, however, have refused to accept the government's decision.

          Settlers and their allies have plastered city walls and highway overpasses with signs condemning the pullout and warning of civil war. In recent days, they have blocked traffic with their bodies and burning tires at major intersections across the country.

          Israeli Radio reported that police had beefed up security on a Jerusalem holy site known as the Temple Mount to Jews and Haram as-Sharif to Muslims, out of fear Jewish extremists might attack mosques on the compound to try to spark renewed conflict with Muslims that could destroy the disengagement plan.

          Violence between Israel and the Palestinians has decreased drastically in recent days, following a truce declaration by the Israeli and Palestinian leaders last week.

          In an effort to counter the settlers' campaign, former Jerusalem police chief Arieh Amit and a coalition of business leader has begun a campaign of its own under the slogan "We're behind you Sharon." The group has put up 400 large roadside posters and plans to distribute a million stickers in an effort to energize the majority who support the pullout plan, according to polls, Amit said.

          "The problem is that most people want (the pull out) but sit at home and prefer to complain rather than take to the streets," he told Army Radio. "We hope that this campaign will persuade people to get out the house rather than leave the streets to the extreme right, a minority which makes so much noise."

          Before the withdrawal can be carried out, Sharon still needs to win a series of votes in the Cabinet and needs to fight off efforts to bring down his government. A major obstacle is an upcoming vote on the 2005 state budget. Sharon does not have a majority in parliament for the spending plan, but needs to get the budget passed by the end of March. If he fails, his government will automatically fall, and elections must be held within three months.

          Meanwhile, an army committee investigating Israel's policy of demolishing houses belonging to the families' of suicide bombers said the policy inflamed Palestinian hatred and should be stopped, military officials said.

          Over the past four years of violence, Israeli soldiers using bulldozers and explosives have flattened 666 homes of families of Palestinian attackers in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, according to the Israeli human rights group B'tselem. Human rights groups have condemned the demolition policy as collective punishment.

          The government said the house demolitions were intended to deter future attacks, but the preliminary conclusions of a panel led by Maj. Gen. Udi Shani said the demolitions only increased Palestinian hostility toward Israel and should be halted.

          Also Thursday, new U.S. security coordinator for the Middle East, Army Lt. Gen. William E. Ward, was holding meetings with Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia, Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz and Sharon.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Official plans DPRK visit on nuclear impasse

           

             
           

          Project aims to revitalize Silk Road trade ties

           

             
           

          China ponders electricity rate hike

           

             
           

          Liaoning mine blast compensation under way

           

             
           

          Iraq's Shi'ites win slim majority in assembly

           

             
           

          Negroponte selected as US intelligence chief

           

             
            Negroponte selected as US intelligence chief
             
            Iran urges alliance against U.S. plots
             
            Iraq's Shi'ites win slim majority in assembly
             
            Iran says nuclear fuel deal with Russia imminent
             
            Jewish settlers prepare for withdrawal
             
            Kashmir bus deal turns wheel on Indo-Pak peace process
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Palestinian gunman kills settler in W.Bank, is shot
             
          Israeli parliament approves key Gaza evacuation bill
             
          Deal reached on Jericho handover
             
          Israel said to install fence in West Bank
             
          Palestinian militants adhere to truce
             
          Sharon to release Palestinian prisoners
             
          Israel, Palestinians strike truce deal
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕不卡在线播放| 国产精品国产三级国产专业| 深夜国产成人福利在线观看| 国产成人免费无码AV| 中文字幕色av一区二区三区| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 亚洲精品香蕉一区二区| 亚洲一区二区三区蜜桃臀| 亚洲愉拍一区二区三区| 伊人久久大香线蕉aⅴ色| 日韩一区二区三区不卡片| 国产综合久久亚洲综合| 另类国产精品一区二区| 人妻中文字幕精品一页| 国模吧双双大尺度炮交gogo| 自拍偷拍另类三级三色四色| 又黄又刺激又黄又舒服| 国产精品自拍中文字幕| 福利视频一区二区在线| 日韩一区二区三区日韩精品| 香蕉久久久久久久av网站| 微拍福利一区二区三区| 亚洲一区二区约美女探花| 国产一区二区高潮视频| 无码区日韩专区免费系列| 国产成人无码区免费内射一片色欲| 国产精品一区二区av片| 熟女少妇精品一区二区| 天天澡日日澡狠狠欧美老妇| 天堂va在线高清一区| 日韩精品中文字幕亚洲| 四虎影视一区二区精品| 欧美性69式xxxx护士| 男女性高爱潮免费网站| 国产精品自在自线免费观看| 欧美18videosex性欧美tube1080 | 国产高清-国产av| 亚洲天堂男人天堂女人天堂| 国产欧美日韩另类精彩视频| 女人高潮抽搐喷液30分钟视频| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站|