<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Missile defense system fails another test
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-15 10:45

          WASHINGTON - A test of the national ballistic missile defense system failed Monday when an interceptor missile didn't get out of its silo, the second failure in as many months.

          An initial test evaluation blamed equipment at a Pacific island site rather than the interceptor itself. If that assessment bears out, it would come as a relief to defense officials because it would mean no new problems had been discovered with the missile.

          For the second time in less than two months, a test of the Pentagon's missile defense system has ended in fiasco, with an interceptor missile failing to lift off. Here a successful launch [AFP]
          For the second time in less than two months, a test of the Pentagon's missile defense system has ended in fiasco, with an interceptor missile failing to lift off. Here a successful launch [AFP]
          Still, the failure drew new fire from critics who say the technology is too expensive and unproven.

          It was unclear how the latest failure would affect the experimental interceptor bases in Alaska and California, which are located to defend against missiles launched from North Korea across the Pacific Ocean.

          In Monday's test, the interceptor missile launched from Kwajalein Island in the Pacific was to target a mock ICBM fired from Kodiak Island, Alaska. The target missile launched at 1:22 a.m. EST without any problems, but the interceptor did not launch, the Missile Defense Agency said in a statement.

          The previous test, on Dec. 15, failed under similar circumstances. The target missile launched, but the interceptor did not. Military officials later blamed that failure on fault-tolerance software that was oversensitive to small errors in the flow of data between the missile and a flight computer, and shut down the launch.

          The Dec. 15 test was the first in two years. Before that, the program had gone five-for-eight in attempts to intercept a target. Missile defense officials say each test costs $85 million.

          The two interceptor bases, at Fort Greely, Alaska, and Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., are still classified as experimental but officials say they could fire interceptors in an emergency. Six interceptors are at the Alaska site, with two more in California as backups. Up to 10 more will go into silos in Alaska this year, officials say.

          The Bush administration had hoped to declare those bases operational by the end of 2004, but the Pentagon has not done so. But officials say they fire once certain mechanical blocks are removed from the interceptors themselves.

          "In the event of an attack, the system could launch. Just nobody knows what the result would be," said Loren Thompson, an analyst with the Lexington Institute in Arlington, Va.

          The most common scenario Pentagon planners envision for such an attack would be one or more nuclear missiles launched from North Korea, targeting Hawaii, Alaska or West Coast cities.

          "North Korea says it has a nuclear weapon, but it doesn't say it has a means of delivery," Thompson said. "We don't really know the North Koreans have a bomb that can be fitted on any missile they currently operate."

          Critics say it is irresponsible to claim the system can protect the United States.

          "Given the system's track record, an 'emergency alert' capability provides no comfort to anyone," Stephen Young, senior analyst at the Union of Concerned Scientists, said in a statement after Monday's test. "Congress should not spend another dime of the public's money until it can show this system would have some capability against a real attack."

          Missile defense programs face cuts in President Bush's proposed budget, but officials say they will not affect the interceptor bases. Instead, they would reduce spending on some long-range programs, delaying plans for a second-generation interceptor missile and a third interceptor base in Europe.

          Bush proposes to spend $8.8 billion on ballistic missile defense programs in his 2006 plan, down from $9.9 billion authorized for 2005. The administration is trying to trim $5 billion from missile defense spending over the next six years, officials said.

          Other pieces of ballistic missile defense architecture remain in development. The airborne laser program, which proposes to mount a laser cannon on a Boeing 747 that shoot down missiles as they launch, will have a live-fire test in 2008, officials said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          At least 203 killed, 22 injured in Liaoning coal mine blast

           

             
           

          Pop stars to sing out against pirate music

           

             
           

          Post-festival passenger flow peaks

           

             
           

          Iran mosque fire kills 59, injures 250

           

             
           

          Students stayed on campus to save money

           

             
           

          Illegal power plants to be cracked down

           

             
            Bomb kills former Lebanese Prime Minister
             
            Three bombs jolt Philippines, killing 3
             
            Man stabs three adults at Japanese school
             
            Shi'ite bloc wins Iraqi election
             
            Disease looms after Pakistan floods kill 350
             
            Bird flu outbreak in northern Thailand
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品一区二区三区日韩| 亚洲国产大胸一区二区三区| 日本黄页网站免费观看| 欧美成人午夜精品免费福利| 99在线精品国自产拍中文字幕| 国产又粗又猛又黄又爽无遮挡| 疯狂做受XXXX高潮国产| 国产成人亚洲欧美日韩| 视频一区视频二区卡通动漫| av中文无码乱人伦在线观看| 成人免费无码大片a毛片| 色欧美片视频在线观看| 性色a∨精品高清在线观看| 久久99精品一久久久久久| 2020年最新国产精品正在播放| 亚洲va中文字幕欧美不卡| 精品国产免费一区二区三区香蕉| 国产成人精品18| 婷婷五月综合激情| 久久精品一区二区东京热| 色猫咪av在线观看| 国产盗摄xxxx视频xxxx| 九九热在线视频| 国产香蕉尹人综合在线观看 | 亚洲午夜福利精品一二飞| 777久久精品一区二区三区无码| 另类 专区 欧美 制服| 国产99视频精品免视看9| 亚洲人成无码网站18禁| 亚洲一区成人在线视频| 漂亮少妇高潮在线观看| 92精品国产自产在线观看481页| 羞羞色男人的天堂| 中文国产人精品久久蜜桃| 国产精品久久久久久2021| 一区二区三区四区高清自拍| 久久这里都是精品二| 国产无遮挡猛进猛出免费| 日本人妻巨大乳挤奶水免费| 国产精品无码不卡在线播放| 免费看欧美全黄成人片|