<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Qaeda ally declares all-out war on Iraqi election
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-24 10:01

          Al Qaeda ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi declared all-out war on Sunday on Iraq's landmark elections in a warning intended to scare away voters a week before they go to the polls amid a raging insurgency.


          A huge poster showing the image of al-Qaeda's frontman in Iraq Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and a burning car with a caption that reads: 'This what Zarqawi is doing in Iraq for our beloved ones now and in the future,' is seen in one of Baghdad's streets. [AFP]

          But interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi vowed his U.S.-backed government would do everything possible to safeguard more than 5,000 voting stations against what he called "evil forces determined to hurt Iraq."

          Zarqawi, a shadowy Jordanian militant who tops America's wanted list in Iraq, berated the country's Shi'ite majority for embracing the election and urged Saddam Hussein's once-dominant Sunni minority to wage what he termed a holy fight against it.

          "We have declared a bitter war against the principle of democracy and all those who seek to enact it," a speaker identified as Zarqawi said in an audio tape on the Internet.

          "Those who vote ... are infidels. And with God as my witness, I have informed them (of our intentions)," he said.

          Zarqawi's network has assassinated politicians and beheaded foreign hostages. Despite a $25 million U.S. bounty on his head, he has eluded a U.S.-led manhunt.

          BLOODBATH FEARS

          His group's almost daily attacks -- including most of the deadliest suicide bombings of the past year -- have raised fears of a bloodbath during next Sunday's election, Iraq's first since the March 2003 U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam.

          Iraqi officials say Sunni guerrillas are not only trying to wreck the election, which is expected to cement the new-found power of the long-oppressed 60 percent Shi'ite majority, but also want to provoke sectarian civil war.

          In the latest attack, a security guard was killed when a bomb blew up an election office in a lawless region south of Baghdad known as the "Triangle of Death," police said.

          The U.S. military said one of its soldiers was killed by small arms fire in the northern city of Mosul on Saturday, bringing to 1,080 the number of U.S. troops killed in action in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion.

          "We are determined to do our best to put an end to the escalation of violence," Allawi told the BBC, adding it was premature to talk about U.S.-led forces withdrawing until Iraq's fledgling security services were fully trained and combat ready.

          Many Sunni leaders have called for an election boycott, saying insurgent attacks in the Sunni heartland would prevent voting and skew the outcome in favor of the Shi'ites.

          A low turnout by Sunnis, who had held sway in Iraqi politics since the 1920s, would undermine the election's credibility.

          Electoral Commission official Saeed al-Battat said he was confident of a big turnout in the southern Sh'ite city of Basra.

          "The security situation in Basra compared with other areas in Iraq is ideal, I would say," he said.

          Militants have kidnapped more than 120 foreigners over the last year, killing about a third of them.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          FM: 8 freed hostages now in embassy, coming home soon

           

             
           

          Mayor sets out Olympic pledge for 2005

           

             
           

          1.2 mln applicants crowd into exam rooms

           

             
           

          Giants India, China to discuss strategic issues

           

             
           

          Shanghai plans 1 billion yuan space city

           

             
           

          Women master men... and their wallets

           

             
            Qaeda ally declares all-out war on Iraqi election
             
            US envoy acknowledges Iraq election woes
             
            Blizzard maroons thousands at airports
             
            US foresaw terror threats in 1970s: AP
             
            Iran says US attack would be 'blunder'
             
            Strong quake shakes Indonesia's Sulawesi
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品人人做人人爽97| 999国产精品999久久久久久 | 久久精品国产亚洲AV麻| 国产成人精品高清不卡在线| 亚洲国产日韩在线视频| 成av免费大片黄在线观看| 在线观看国产小视频| 超碰在线公开中文字幕| 国精品91人妻无码一区二区三区 | 日韩精品国产二区三区| 忘忧草影视| 日韩精品一区二区三区视频| av免费一区二区三区不卡| 国产深夜福利在线免费观看| 日韩欧美国产另类| 四虎永久在线精品无码视频| 一区二区三区黄色一级片| h无码精品3d动漫在线观看| 欧洲精品色在线观看| 欧美自拍另类欧美综合图区| 国产一区二区三区内射高清| 亚洲女人天堂成人av在线| 国产超高清麻豆精品传媒麻豆精品 | 国产欧美综合在线观看第十页| 天天做天天爱夜夜爽导航| av中文无码乱人伦在线观看| 亚洲禁精品一区二区三区| 人妻无码av中文系列久| 黄男女激情一区二区三区| 国产福利在线观看免费第一福利| 国产精品一区在线蜜臀| 国产欧美精品aaaaaa片| 首页 动漫 亚洲 欧美 日韩| 人妻无码av中文系列久| 久久爱在线视频在线观看| 中文字幕精品久久天堂一区| 人人爽人人爽人人片av东京热| 91精品国产自产91精品| bt天堂新版中文在线| 免费高潮了好湿h视频| 亚洲国产成人久久综合一区|