<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Embassy: Eight Chinese hostages in Iraq freed
          (Agencies/Xinhua)
          Updated: 2005-01-22 16:22

          The Chinese embassy in Iraq confirmed on Saturday that the eight Chinese hostages held by Iraqi insurgents since Tuesday had been released.

          Earlier, the Al-Arabiya television station said, citing a statement by their captors, reported that the hostages have been freed, 

          "The eight Chinese were freed and handed to the Committee of Muslim Scholars," a leading Sunni religious group in Iraq, an Al-Arabiya correspondent reported from Baghdad.

          A video frame grab taken from a video released January 22, 2005 shows eight Chinese hostages being held in Iraq. Insurgents holding eight Chinese labourers hostage in Iraq said on Saturday they were releasing the men, locals who saw the videotape circulated by the kidnappers said. The tape which surfaced in the western city of Ramadi said the hostages were being freed after China said it had advised its citizens not to travel to Iraq, locals said.
          A video frame grab taken from a video released January 22, 2005 shows eight Chinese hostages being held in Iraq. Chinese embassy in Baghdad confirmed on Saturday the eight Chinese hostages have been freed. Insurgents holding eight Chinese labourers hostage in Iraq said on Saturday they were releasing the men, locals who saw the videotape circulated by the kidnappers said. The tape which surfaced in the western city of Ramadi said the hostages were being freed after China said it had advised its citizens not to travel to Iraq, locals said. [Reuters]
          China says it has already warned its citizens to stay out of Iraq after kidnappers holding eight Chinese men said they would spare their lives if Beijing issued a travel ban.

          "What I want to stress is that the Chinese government has previously issued warnings on many occasions to its citizens, requesting them not to travel to Iraq," foreign ministry spokesman Kong Quan said in a statement issued late Friday.

          Kong pointed out that the Chinese were abducted on their way out of Iraq. "The eight Chinese people were kidnapped just as they were leaving Iraq. They should be safely released as soon as possible."

          The captors, who call themselves Movement of the Islamic Resistance Nuamaan Brigades, made their demands in a video showing the hostages, the Dubai-based Arab channel said.

          The eight Chinese men were shown on Al-Arabiya, standing in front of rocks, looking scared and confused.

          A video grab taken from a hand out amateur video released by an unidentified Iraqi insurgents group shows the eight Chinese hostages who had been kidnapped earlier this month in Iraq, January 21, 2005. [Reuters]
          Chinese authorities in the eastern province of Fujian, where the captives came from, on Friday ordered a search to see how many other Chinese nationals were working in Iraq, in hopes of avoiding a repeat of the hostage taking, the Beijing News said Saturday.

          Those working in Iraq or the Middle East would be urged to return home immediately and people planning to leave for those places would be persuaded to stay, according to an urgent notice issued Friday by Fujian's Fuzhou city.

          Seven Chinese workers abducted in Iraq last April were later safely released.

          On Tuesday, the kidnappers in the latest case released footage to Al-Jazeera television of the eight laborers holding Chinese passports and claimed they were helping the US military build facilities in Iraq.

          The group demanded Beijing "clarify" its position on Iraq within 48 hours or the hostages would be killed.

          The government and employers of the eight men have denied any link to the United States.

          A video grab image shows eight hostages holding Chinese passports standing before a mud brick wall along with two masked gunmen. The kidnappers threathen to kill them within 48 hours unless China clarifies its stance on Iraq. [Reuters]
          A video grab image shows eight hostages holding Chinese passports standing before a mud brick wall along with two masked gunmen. The kidnappers threathen to kill them within 48 hours unless China clarifies its stance on Iraq. [Reuters]
          The men, aged 18 to 40, were on their way home to spend Lunar New Year with their families, Chinese media said.

          Their families have been ordered not to speak to reporters for fear their statements would not be in line with the Chinese government's -- which would complicate efforts to free the men, Beijing News said.

          Coastal cities in Fujian have long been a major source of illegal Chinese immigrants abroad. Following the war in Iraq, Chinese workers have also surfaced in that war-ravaged country, but even the Chinese government does not know how many are there.

          Beijing opposed the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003 but, like other nations, its companies have chased lucrative reconstruction contracts in the country.



           
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Embassy: Eight Chinese hostages in Iraq freed

           

             
           

          Britain backs EU in lifting arms ban

           

             
           

          Auditors reveal truth about State assets firms

           

             
           

          Terror tip involving Chinese seen as revenge

           

             
           

          Power shortage causes blackouts nationwide

           

             
           

          Koizumi: China, US equally important to Japan

           

             
            Embassy: Eight Chinese hostages in Iraq freed
             
            Koizumi: China, US equally important to Japan
             
            President Hu meets Canadian PM Martin
             
            GDPs of Beijing, Shanghai lead nation
             
            Blast kills 11 at Muslim festival in Xinjiang
             
            Disaster forecasting system to be upgraded
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Militants demand travel ban to save hostages
             
          Fate of hostages unknown as deadline passes
             
          Iraqis assure full help on release
             
          Families of hostages in Iraq issue plea
             
          Hostages' families pray for safe return
             
          Eight Chinese nationals kidnapped in Iraq
             
          Insurgent says 8 Chinese held in Iraq
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人a在线观看视频免费| 亚洲国产精品一二三区| 国产一区二区午夜福利久久| 亚洲精品美女一区二区| 国产午夜亚洲精品国产成人| 国产综合色一区二区三区| 亚洲精品一二三中文字幕| 久久a级片| 精品国产一区二区色老头| 亚洲高清中文字幕在线看不卡| 久草国产在线观看| 国产午夜精品福利视频| 乌克兰少妇bbw| 中文字幕日韩有码av| 精品欧美小视频在线观看| 61精品人妻一区二区三区| 国产午夜在线观看视频播放| 久热re这里精品视频在线6| 亚洲综合无码一区二区| 一区二区三区精品偷拍| 一道本AV免费不卡播放| 色偷偷久久一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品无码一区二区三区 | 久久综合色之久久综合| 国产一区二区在线影院| 被黑人玩得站不起来| 日本一区二区不卡精品| 玩弄人妻少妇精品视频| 无码人妻丝袜在线视频| 日韩国产亚洲一区二区在线观看| 国日韩精品一区二区三区| 又粗又硬又大又猛免费视频| 在线日韩一区二区| 亚洲色大成网站www永久男同| 丰满老熟妇好大bbbbb| 亚洲av产在线精品亚洲第一站| 中文国产成人久久精品小说| 中文字幕一区二区三区在线不卡| 99热精国产这里只有精品| 成人午夜福利一区二区四区| 国产亚洲AV电影院之毛片|