<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          NATO likely to cut Iraq training missions
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-15 14:24

          NATO is likely to scale back plans to send instructors to train Iraq's military, the alliance's top operational commander, U.S. Gen. James L. Jones, said Friday.

          He insisted the cuts were not due to NATO's difficulties in mustering troops for the mission, saying instead that Iraq's fledgling forces had proved more capable of training their own recruits.

          "We're discovering, from the training aspect of things, that the Iraqis have quite a bit of capacity to do that themselves," Jones told reporters. "What the NATO mission can do is obviously take advantage of that and incorporate it into our overall scheme."

          Jones said the current target was to raise the about 100 NATO soldiers presently in Iraq to 159. Last month, the alliance said it wanted to put 300 instructors and support staff on the ground at the start of this year. A final decision will be taken by ambassadors from the 26 member nations.

          Speaking at NATO's military headquarters in southern Belgium, Jones said U.S. Lt. Gen. David Petraeus, who commands the training effort in Iraq, had "revised his concept" of the mission.

          Jones acknowledged that last year's estimate of a longer-term deployment of 300 instructors and up to 3,000 guards and other backup was more than will be needed.

          "As it turns out, it was considerably less than that," he said.

          NATO has been struggling to persuade governments to commit extra troops to both its missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. In Iraq, the problem has been compounded by the refusal of France, Germany and other nations that opposed the U.S. led war to send instructors.

          "Obviously that makes it more difficult when you have to generate the force," Jones acknowledged. But he said that was not forcing the alliance to scale back its plans.

          The alliance may also reconsider its plans for expanding peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan, Jones said, because of a more stable environment in that country.

          NATO currently has around 8,000 peacekeepers in Kabul and northern Afghanistan. Next month it is expected to announce an expansion into a western sector around the city of Herat, with several hundred more troops. However, Jones said the number of reinforcements planned to support parliamentary elections scheduled for the spring could be fewer than anticipated.

          "The ability of an organized insurgency to muster a cohesive military capability seems to be on the decline," he said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China, US talk to resolve textile disputes

           

             
           

          Olympic deadlines draw nearer

           

             
           

          Securities watchdog gets IPOs back on track

           

             
           

          First SARS vaccine trials a success

           

             
           

          Probe lands on Saturn moon; sends photos

           

             
           

          Graner convicted in Iraqi prisoner abuse

           

             
            Sharon cuts ties with Abbas over violence
             
            Graner convicted in Iraqi prisoner abuse
             
            Fifteen Iraqi guardsmen feared kidnapped
             
            US soldier jailed for murder of Iraqi teenager
             
            US tank, Iraqi bus collide, killing 6
             
            Probe sends back data from Saturn's moon
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US-led forces damaged ancient Babylon
             
          Fifteen Iraqi guardsmen feared kidnapped
             
          Graner convicted in Iraqi prisoner abuse
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品普通话国语对白露脸| 亚洲欧美综合中文| 无码伊人久久大杳蕉中文无码| 欧美日韩v中文在线| 国产一国产精品免费播放| 偷窥国产亚洲免费视频| av一区二区三区亚洲| 亚洲乱女色熟一区二区三区| 亚洲精品不卡无码福利在线观看| 国产毛片子一区二区三区| 久久久久四虎精品免费入口| 黄色A级国产免费大片视频| 天堂一区二区三区av| 久久精品一区二区东京热| 一本一道av无码中文字幕麻豆| 九九热精彩视频在线免费| 亚洲国产精品第一区二区三区| 2019亚洲午夜无码天堂| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 亚洲欧洲∨国产一区二区三区| 精品黄色av一区二区三区 | 自拍偷在线精品自拍偷99| 成年在线观看免费人视频| 国产熟睡乱子伦视频在线播放| 激情伊人五月天久久综合| 五月天久久久噜噜噜久久| 少妇自慰流白口浆21p| 老熟妇喷水一区二区三区| 园内精品自拍视频在线播放| 人妻精品动漫H无码中字| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 日韩精品一区二区三区四| 中文字幕亚洲国产精品| 综合激情亚洲丁香社区| 精品一区二区三区在线观看l| 麻豆果冻国产剧情av在线播放| 91在线精品麻豆欧美在线| 麻豆国产97在线 | 中国| 国产午夜福利在线视频| 五月天中文字幕mv在线| 国产综合久久久久鬼色|