<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Sexual abuse by UN troops in Congo hasn't stopped
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-08 10:27

          Sexual abuse of girls by U.N. peacekeepers in the Democratic Republic of the Congo was widespread and ongoing despite many revelations and probes, the U.N. watchdog agency reported on Friday.

          The peacekeepers over the last year have been accused of gang rapes, sexual harassment and bribing children as young as 12 or 13 with eggs, milk and a few dollars to have sex in bushes, on the bare ground or under mango trees.

          The new report by the U.N. Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) concentrates on Bunia, in the eastern part of the Congo, where fighting was intense earlier this year.

          "In our view the problem was and continues to be widespread," Barbara Dixon of OIOS, who worked on the report, said at a news conference. "We ran into fairly substantial resistance from contingent commanders."

          The watchdog team, one of several U.N. probes looking into the sexual abuse charges, investigated 72 allegations against both military and civilian U.N. personnel, which resulted in 20 case reports, one against a U.N. civilian employee.

          They fully substantiated the abuses in seven cases, with young girls identifying soldiers from a line up.

          Separate probes included cases against another 20 soldiers, of which investigations were completed against six, who were either repatriated or referred to their governments for action, U.N. officials said.

          "A lot of the girls were traumatized, by war as well as abuse, Dixon said. "What they knew was if they wanted to eat, this was a way to do it."

          FROM SEVERAL NATIONS

          One French U.N. staffer, who made pornographic videos of children, was jailed in France for rape. South Africa is taking action against two soldiers. Allegations have also been made against soldiers from Uruguay, Morocco, Tunisia, and Nepal.

          The United Nations has many rules for not taking advantage of the local population, especially sex with anyone under 18.

          Jean-Marie Guehenno, the U.N. undersecretary-general for peacekeeping, was asked at a news conference why sex was not banned between the peacekeepers and the local population, regardless of age and since much of it appeared forced.

          Guehenno said he agreed but questioned how a "universal diktat" could be implemented.

          There are nearly 11,000 military personnel in the Congo to help keep the peace after a civil war. The force is the largest among the 64,000 soldiers in 16 U.N. peacekeeping operations around the world.

          Many of the details in the report had been leaked previously, but OIOS also said the peacekeeping operation, led by American diplomat William Lacy Swing, had not yet implemented "an effective prevention program in Bunia."

          But Swing said he had sent home two company commanders for not controlling their troops and listed a host of measures the world body was taking, including programs for the abused.

          The United Nations has jurisdiction over its own civilian staff but troops are contributed by individual nations. Consequently, the world body has only the power to demand a specific country repatriate an accused soldier and punish him or her at home.

          Guehenno also said meetings were being held with troop-contributing countries, who are being challenged to come up with a "tough justice system."

          Charges of abuses among peacekeepers are not new. Canada and Italy, for example, disclosed more than a decade ago their soldiers had tortured Somalis. But media reports about them have multiplied and now U.N. officials speak about them openly.

          Dixon indicated, however, that some of those expelled from peacekeeping missions, ended up in other U.N. jobs instead of being "permanently blacklisted."



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Indonesia praises Chinese aid, commitment

           

             
           

          Death toll from tsunami climbs to 147,000

           

             
           

          US relaxes visa requirements for biz, tourism

           

             
           

          US$12.7m raised from civilian donations

           

             
           

          Beijing population tops 15 million

           

             
           

          No change for residential power prices

           

             
            Death toll from tsunami climbs to 147,000
             
            7,000 more bodies discovered in Indonesia
             
            Italy train crash kills about 10 - Police
             
            Eight die, 240 hurt in US train crash
             
            Annan horrified by destruction
             
            Iraq's Allawi warns of more violence
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 韩国18禁啪啪无遮挡免费| 69成人免费视频无码专区| 国产精品乱码高清在线观看| 亚洲精品视频免费| 亚洲第一区二区快射影院| 亚洲精品不卡av在线播放| 日韩有码精品中文字幕| 欧美激情综合色综合啪啪五月| a国产一区二区免费入口| 国产综合色在线精品| 老熟女重囗味hdxx69| 无码专区视频精品老司机| 四川丰满少妇无套内谢| 少妇人妻中文字幕hd| 国产一区二区三区精品自拍| 伊人蕉久影院| 日本女优在线观看一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品日韩专区av| 尤物视频色版在线观看| 人妻丰满熟妞av无码区| 亚洲国产超清无码专区| 老熟女重囗味hdxx69| 精品人妻蜜臀一区二区三区| 国产精品青草久久久久福利99| 日本三级香港三级人妇99| 亚洲欧美色一区二区三区| 综合色一色综合久久网| 欧美日韩精品一区二区三区高清视频| 国产精品福利尤物youwu| 一本久道久久综合久久鬼色| 亚洲中文字幕人妻系列| 美女黄网站人色视频免费国产| 国产成AV人片久青草影院| 久久精品夜夜夜夜夜久久| 国产精品永久免费无遮挡| 特黄三级又爽又粗又大| 日韩毛片在线视频x| 国产成人午夜福利在线小电影| 国产肉体ⅹxxx137大胆| 少妇人妻真实偷人精品| 少妇宾馆粉嫩10p|