<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Annan shakes up top UN staff
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-01-05 10:26

          After a year of scandal that sullied the UN's image, Secretary General Kofi Annan announced a management shake-up with a new chief-of-staff who will play a key role in managing the media.

          Annan promised the suprise move, announced unusually while the United Nations is trying to cope with the massive tsunami relief effort, would not take away from vital, round-the-clock work going on in devastated Asia.

          "This is the first in a series of changes," Annan said as he presented Mark Malloch Brown, currently head of the UN Development Programme (UNDP), as his new chief of staff effective on January 19.

          United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan (L) speaks about the relief efforts for the Asian tsunami disaster with UN emergency relief coordinator Jan Egeland at UN headquarters in New York. [AFP]
          United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan (L) speaks about the relief efforts for the Asian tsunami disaster with UN emergency relief coordinator Jan Egeland at UN headquarters in New York. [AFP]
          With what UN officials say is a reconstruction effort in affected Asian countries that could require hundreds of billions of dollars, Annan said Malloch Brown would stay on as UNDP chief for the time being.

          He said he would "make sure" that the appointment does not have a "negative impact" on the crucial relief effort.

          Mark Malloch Brown, administrator of the UN Development Program (UNDP) and newly appointed chief of staff of UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, addresses a press conference at the UN headquarters in New York Jan. 3, 2005. Kofi Annan said the appointment was part of a planned reshuffle of the world body's management. Brown will start on Jan. 19 to take the place of the 70-year-old Pakistani, Iqbal Riza, who will soon retire after having served as chief of Annan's cabinet for seven years.
          Mark Malloch Brown, administrator of the UN Development Program (UNDP) and newly appointed chief of staff of UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan, addresses a press conference at the UN headquarters in New York Jan. 3, 2005. Kofi Annan said the appointment was part of a planned reshuffle of the world body's management. Brown will start on Jan. 19 to take the place of the 70-year-old Pakistani, Iqbal Riza, who will soon retire after having served as chief of Annan's cabinet for seven years. [people.com.cn]
          But Malloch Brown made clear that he had been asked by Annan to take on a media role at a time when the United Nations has been buffeted by staff unrest and scandal that led some US politicians to call for Annan's resignation.

          "A modern, global public organisation of this kind has to understand that there are many news cycles a day, that to get your message out requires ... a vigorous, rapid response," Malloch Brown said.

          He said he would be "someone pushing for a quick response to issues, a response of a substantive and open and forthcoming kind" and would have a "much more prominent role" as a spokesman for Annan and the United Nations.

          The UN's communications operation has been criticised for its sluggish response to damaging allegations about the Iraq oil-for-food scandal, charges of sexual exploitation by peacekeepers in the Congo and other issues.

          Last month Annan called 2004 an "annus horribilis," the Latin phrase for horrible year made famous by Britain's Queen Elizabeth, and the evolving scandals have detracted from his push for a major UN overhaul this year.

          Malloch Brown replaces Iqbal Riza, Annan's longtime right-hand man whose retirement was quietly announced in December just before the Christmas holiday.

          Riza was Annan's deputy in 1994, when Annan was head of the UN peacekeeping operation that could not -- critics charge did not -- prevent the genocide in Rwanda that left some 800,000 dead.

          Annan refused to confirm a New York Times report that his top political officer Kieran Prendergast could also be on the way out to take over as senior envoy for the floundering Middle East peace process.

          "I must admit that I do intend to make further changes, changes that would affect senior people already in the building," he said.

          He also played down a query about bringing in more US staff sympathetic to the Republican administration of US President George W. Bush, which has sparred with Annan over oil-for-food and the Iraq war that Annan called illegal.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          PLA troops active in tsunami relief

           

             
           

          US$3 million private aid ready for victims

           

             
           

          Chinese avoid weddings in Year of Rooster

           

             
           

          Shares greet 2005 by ending at 5-year nadir

           

             
           

          Baghdad governor slain; 5 US troops die

           

             
           

          More cold fronts expected this month

           

             
            Thousands need water in Aceh, disease emerges
             
            Abbas assails 'Zionist enemy' after tank kills 7
             
            U.S. military prefers Indonesian aid to Iraq war
             
            Baghdad governor slain; 5 US troops die
             
            Ukraine's opposition leader vows to be PM
             
            US Fed minutes: Rates likely to keep rising
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          UN chief 'shocked' by attack on UN chopper in Abkhazia
             
          Annan to visit Jakarta
             
          Annan to visit Jakarta; pledges jump to $2b
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人年无码av片在线观看| 国产精品丝袜亚洲熟女| 日韩av在线不卡一区二区三区| 夜夜夜高潮夜夜爽夜夜爰爰| 日韩有码中文字幕av| 国产免费一级在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲av麻豆不卡| 五月婷婷综合色| 亚洲一区中文字幕第十页| 综合色天天久久| 日韩区中文字幕在线观看| 大桥未久亚洲无av码在线| 无遮高潮国产免费观看| 国产a在亚洲线播放| 国产超碰无码最新上传| 无码专区 人妻系列 在线| 国产69精品久久久久人妻| 国产色无码专区在线观看 | 亚洲激情视频一区二区三区| 亚洲午夜久久久影院伊人| 国产精品高清视亚洲乱码| 无码一区二区三区av在线播放| 乱中年女人伦av三区| 久久99精品久久久学生| 国产成人精品三级在线影院| 另类国产精品一区二区| 无码午夜人妻一区二区三区不卡视频 | 韩国午夜理论在线观看| 宅男噜噜噜66在线观看| 一边捏奶头一边高潮视频| 亚洲熟妇一区二区三个区| 久久午夜夜伦鲁鲁片不卡| 久久综合色最新久久综合色| 日本一区二区三区四区黄色| 国产精品国产三级国av| 2021av在线天堂网| 4480yy亚洲午夜私人影院剧情| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产不卡一区在线视频| 亚洲国产午夜精品福利| 亚洲最大有声小说AV网|