<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Afghan forces catch Mullah Omar's security chief
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-12-15 11:50

          Afghan security forces have captured Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar's personal security chief as he traveled in a van to the southern city of Kandahar, provincial officials told Reuters on Tuesday.

          The capture of Toor Mullah Naqibullah Khan, who headed Mullah Omar's household security, could help U.S. and Afghan forces track down his boss, one of the most wanted fugitives in the U.S.-led war on terror.

          Security guards for Afghan President Hamid Kharzai guard a school hosting a ceremony for the National Children Conference, aimed to promote better life and education conditions for Afghanistan's children, in Kabul December 14, 2004. Afghan security forces have captured the Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar's personal security chief as he travelled in a van to the southern city of Kandahar, provincial officials told Reuters on Tuesday. [Reuters]
          Security guards for Afghan President Hamid Kharzai guard a school hosting a ceremony for the National Children Conference, aimed to promote better life and education conditions for Afghanistan's children, in Kabul December 14, 2004. Afghan security forces have captured the Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar's personal security chief as he travelled in a van to the southern city of Kandahar, provincial officials told Reuters on Tuesday. [Reuters]
          Osama bin Laden, who ran his al Qaeda network in Afghanistan under the protection of the Taliban, is also believed to be at large in the region.

          "We have arrested top Taliban figures Toor Mullah Naqibullah Khan and Mullah Qayoom Angar on the way between Arghandab and Kandahar. They were carrying a satellite telephone and some important documents," said a senior Kandahar security official, who requested anonymity.

          The official said eight more Taliban fighters were arrested in Kandahar after the two men were caught, unarmed, on Monday evening. A cache of remote control bombs, time bombs and several other explosive devices and radios was also seized.

          "We are hopeful we will arrest more Taliban figures and we hope that we can arrest their leader Mullah Omar," he said, though he would not venture what the chances were of finding either Mullah Omar or bin Laden.

          Khalid Pashtun, spokesman for the provincial government, confirmed the arrests.

          With the latest captures, security forces have picked up at least 27 militants since Saturday night, including the brother of a former Taliban governor of Kandahar.

          The security official said they were picked up following a tip-off from a Taliban insider.

          Mullah Omar's Taliban militia have been waging an insurgency in the south and southeast of Afghanistan since they were driven from power in late 2001 by U.S. and Afghan forces after al Qaeda attacked the United States on Sept. 11.

          The Taliban's most senior military commander played down the significance of the arrests.

          "Maybe they are ordinary Taliban," Mullah Dadullah, one of the movement's 10-member leadership council, told Reuters by satellite telephone.

          But Pashtun said Naqibullah Khan was a dangerous killer who was still in charge of security for Mullah Omar.

          "During the (October presidential) election this man killed nine government intelligence agents in the Meyansheen district of Kandahar province," he said.

          The commander of U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan, Lieutenant General David Barno, said last week intelligence showed the Taliban in turmoil over whether to give up their fight and accept an offer of reconciliation from President Hamid Karzai.

          Karzai, who won a strong mandate in the country's first presidential election on Oct. 9, has offered to let Taliban fighters resume a peaceful life.

          "We see indications that there are arguments even among the leadership about whether it's time to accept reconciliation with the Afghan government," Barno told Reuters last Thursday.

          That optimism was shared by former president Burhanuddin Rabbani, whose own government collapsed in the mid-1990s amid a civil war that paved the way for the Taliban's takeover.

          "I think the Taliban problem will be solved through the negotiations started by the government ... I think there will not be big problems," Rabbani told Reuters on Sunday, adding that traditional tribal councils could play a role.

          Some Taliban figures will be shown no clemency because of the gravity of their crimes against the nation, officials say. The government, with input from U.S. authorities, is expected to draw up a list of militants who will not be accepted back in the fold.

          Last week, U.S.-led forces launched a winter offensive called "Operation Lightning Freedom" aimed a preventing the Taliban from regrouping to pose a threat to a parliamentary election due in April, after their failure to disrupt the presidential poll.

          There are about 18,000 U.S.-led troops in Afghanistan helping Afghan security forces hunt down Taliban guerrillas and some rare al Qaeda remnants still in the country.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Target jobless rate to see first drop after years

           

             
           

          Party school raises AIDS awareness

           

             
           

          Mass entries vie for 2008 Olympic mascot

           

             
           

          Indian train crash kills 27, injures 60

           

             
           

          State enterprises welcome investors

           

             
           

          Fed raises US interest rate to 2.25%

           

             
            Iran open to U.S. involvement in nuclear talks
             
            Iraq to try Saddam aides in election run-up
             
            Abbas calls on Palestinians to drop armed struggle
             
            Fed raises US interest rate to 2.25%
             
            Pakistan says nuke talks with India "constructive"
             
            Indian train crash kills 27, injures 60
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US attacks resume: Pentagon official
             
          Karzai sworn in as Afghan president
             
          Taliban vows to disrupt Karzai's swearing in
             
          6 Americans dead in plane crash in Afghanistan
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 老色批国产在线观看精品| 韩国深夜福利视频在线观看 | 玖玖在线精品免费视频| 亚洲男人第一无码av网| 18禁无遮挡羞羞污污污污网站| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 91亚洲国产成人久久精| 亚洲小说乱欧美另类| 久久久欧美国产精品人妻噜噜| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 婷婷中文字幕| 国产欧美亚洲精品a第一页 | 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区 | 国产日本一区二区三区久久| 网友自拍视频一区二区三区| 久久精品不卡一区二区| 日本一区二区三区在线 |观看| 九九日本黄色精品视频| 成人免费看片又大又黄| 国内少妇人妻偷人精品视频| 人妻少妇精品视频专区| 国产白嫩护士在线播放| 日韩欧美第一区二区三区| 成在人线av无码免费| 开心五月深深爱天天天操| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜婷| 成人AV无码一区二区三区| 性欧美视频videos6一9| 1769国产在线观看免费视频| 欧美性猛交xxx×乱大交3| 国产亚洲精品久久久久秋霞 | 国产乱色熟女一二三四区| 蜜臀av久久国产午夜| 亚洲AV片一区二区三区| 无人视频在线观看免费播放影院| 少妇被粗大的猛烈进出动视频| 久久亚洲精品亚洲人av| 亚洲国产美国产综合一区| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 亚洲二区中文字幕在线| 久久精品国产中文字幕|