<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Full Coverages>World>Iran Nuke Issue>News
             
           

          EU, Iran clash over terms of nuclear freeze
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-11-26 09:29

          Iran is seeking exemptions from a deal to suspend sensitive nuclear activities that could be used to make weapons, just 3 days after it came into force, the head of the U.N. atomic watchdog said on Thursday.

          Iran's request threatened to wreck a hard-won agreement with the European Union and to infuriate Washington, which despite Iranian denials has long accused Tehran of trying to build an atomic bomb.

          The dispute came to a head as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which has the authority to refer Iran to the United Nations for possible sanctions, began a crucial board meeting to review its nuclear programme.

          IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei said Iran wanted to continue experimenting with 20 centrifuges for enriching uranium, although without using nuclear material.

          Western diplomats said that flew in the face of Tehran's Nov. 15 agreement with EU members Germany, France and Britain.

          To avoid the risk of sanctions, Iran agreed under the deal to voluntarily suspend all activity related to uranium enrichment, the process by which the metal is purified for use in nuclear reactors or, potentially, in bombs.

          "There's a general feeling that people want to give the EU agreement a chance," one diplomat said. But the Iranian move meant the deal had been "unnecessarily placed in jeopardy".

          Another senior diplomat said Tehran appeared to have raised the exemption issue as a bargaining tactic in the hope of winning concessions elsewhere.

          "This is a big problem," a third diplomat said. He said IAEA inspectors ran into problems on Wednesday when Iran refused to let them seal the 20 centrifuges to put them out of use.

          EU, Iran clash over terms of nuclear freeze
          25 Nov 2004 19:21:47 GMT
          Source: Reuters
          (adds Iranian delegate quote)

          By Louis Charbonneau and Mark Trevelyan

          VIENNA, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Iran is seeking exemptions from a deal to suspend sensitive nuclear activities that could be used to make weapons, just 3 days after it came into force, the head of the U.N. atomic watchdog said on Thursday.

          Iran's request threatened to wreck a hard-won agreement with the European Union and to infuriate Washington, which despite Iranian denials has long accused Tehran of trying to build an atomic bomb.

          The dispute came to a head as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which has the authority to refer Iran to the United Nations for possible sanctions, began a crucial board meeting to review its nuclear programme.

          IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei said Iran wanted to continue experimenting with 20 centrifuges for enriching uranium, although without using nuclear material.

          Western diplomats said that flew in the face of Tehran's Nov. 15 agreement with EU members Germany, France and Britain.

          To avoid the risk of sanctions, Iran agreed under the deal to voluntarily suspend all activity related to uranium enrichment, the process by which the metal is purified for use in nuclear reactors or, potentially, in bombs.

          "There's a general feeling that people want to give the EU agreement a chance," one diplomat said. But the Iranian move meant the deal had been "unnecessarily placed in jeopardy".

          Another senior diplomat said Tehran appeared to have raised the exemption issue as a bargaining tactic in the hope of winning concessions elsewhere.

          "This is a big problem," a third diplomat said. He said IAEA inspectors ran into problems on Wednesday when Iran refused to let them seal the 20 centrifuges to put them out of use.

          IAEA spokesman Mark Gwozdecky confirmed this, and said that the centrifuges were at the Natanz enrichment plant, a facility which Tehran had kept secret from the United Nations until a group of Iranian exiles revealed its existence in August 2002.

          Centrifuges are devices that spin at supersonic speed to produce enriched uranium from uranium hexafluoride gas (UF6).

          ElBaradei said that until it suspended enrichment-related activities on Monday, Iran had produced 3.5 tonnes of UF6.

          A diplomat close to the IAEA said this was significantly higher than the 2 tonnes previously recorded by the agency and could produce about a quarter of the 25 kg of highly enriched uranium needed for a bomb.

          ElBaradei said he hoped the centrifuge dispute would "resolve itself" within 24 hours. Meanwhile, away from the conference hall, member states were haggling over an EU-drafted resolution on Iran which Tehran sees as too critical and Washington considers too weak, diplomats said.

          Sirus Naseri, a member of the Iranian delegation, told Reuters it was time for the EU to "start delivering" on the terms of this month's deal, which held out the prospect of trade incentives and peaceful nuclear technology for Iran.

          France, Britain and Germany circulated a revised draft resolution that included quite a few changes to accommodate Iranian demands. However the Iranian delegation was not satisfied.

          "It's a step forward but not meeting our expectations," Naseri said, adding discussions were continuing.

          A Western diplomat on the board said he believed Washington did not like the new text but would probably not block anything proposed by the Europeans.

          Washington wanted the text to include a "trigger" that would automatically refer Iran to the Security Council if it resumed any enrichment-related work.

          But the latest EU draft, parts of which were read to Reuters, included a clause that Iran felt was an indirect trigger was removed, while the call for Iran to provide "unrestricted access" to the IAEA was changed to "access deemed necessary by the Agency". IAEA spokesman Mark Gwozdecky confirmed this, and said that the centrifuges were at the Natanz enrichment plant, a facility which Tehran had kept secret from the United Nations until a group of Iranian exiles revealed its existence in August 2002.

          Centrifuges are devices that spin at supersonic speed to produce enriched uranium from uranium hexafluoride gas (UF6).

          ElBaradei said that until it suspended enrichment-related activities on Monday, Iran had produced 3.5 tonnes of UF6.

          A diplomat close to the IAEA said this was significantly higher than the 2 tonnes previously recorded by the agency and could produce about a quarter of the 25 kg of highly enriched uranium needed for a bomb.

          ElBaradei said he hoped the centrifuge dispute would "resolve itself" within 24 hours. Meanwhile, away from the conference hall, member states were haggling over an EU-drafted resolution on Iran which Tehran sees as too critical and Washington considers too weak, diplomats said.

          Sirus Naseri, a member of the Iranian delegation, told Reuters it was time for the EU to "start delivering" on the terms of this month's deal, which held out the prospect of trade incentives and peaceful nuclear technology for Iran.

          France, Britain and Germany circulated a revised draft resolution that included quite a few changes to accommodate Iranian demands. However the Iranian delegation was not satisfied.

          "It's a step forward but not meeting our expectations," Naseri said, adding discussions were continuing.

          A Western diplomat on the board said he believed Washington did not like the new text but would probably not block anything proposed by the Europeans.

          Washington wanted the text to include a "trigger" that would automatically refer Iran to the Security Council if it resumed any enrichment-related work.

          But the latest EU draft, parts of which were read to Reuters, included a clause that Iran felt was an indirect trigger was removed, while the call for Iran to provide "unrestricted access" to the IAEA was changed to "access deemed necessary by the Agency".

           
            Story Tools  
             
           
               
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 麻花传剧mv在线看免费| 成人午夜电影福利免费| 亚洲中文字幕成人综合网| 日韩精品一区二区大桥未久| 国产精品色哟哟成人av| 亚洲区色欧美另类图片| 亚洲综合黄色的在线观看| 蜜臀人妻精品一区二区免费| 欧美gv在线| 亚洲av成人午夜电影在线观看 | 国产精品无码av不卡| 人妻精品动漫h无码| 国产成人精品日本亚洲成熟| 国产精品自拍实拍在线看| 亚洲熟妇少妇任你躁在线观看无码| 国产jlzzjlzz视频免费看| 国产成熟女人性满足视频| 人人妻久久人人澡人人爽人人精品| 农村肥熟女一区二区三区| 狠狠色综合久久狠狠色综合| 亚洲成av人片色午夜乱码| 办公室强奷漂亮少妇同事| blued视频免费观看片| 久久精品国产精品第一区| 精品国产女同疯狂摩擦2| 国产玖玖玖玖精品电影| 亚洲成在人网站av天堂| 看成年全黄大色黄大片| 亚洲二区中文字幕在线| 成在人线AV无码免观看麻豆| 自偷自拍亚洲综合精品| 亚洲天堂av 在线| 成人天堂资源www在线| 巨爆乳中文字幕爆乳区| 韩国一级永久免费观看网址| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院| 色噜噜狠狠色综合中文字幕| 国产91色综合久久高清| 免费av网站| 影视先锋av资源噜噜| 岛国大片在线免费播放|