<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Fierce Combat Kills at Least 27
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-11-15 00:41

          Fierce battles between insurgents and U.S. and Iraqi forces killed at least 27 people Monday in Baqouba and south of Baghdad — the latest in a wave of clashes that has swept Iraq's Sunni Muslim heartland even as American forces move against the last remaining pockets of resistance in Fallujah.

          A convoy of ambulances and relief supplies trying to enter Fallujah was forced to turn back because the fighting made it too dangerous, the head of the Iraqi Red Crescent said. The Red Crescent and Red Cross have been unable to gain access to people inside Fallujah during more than a week of violence.

          Even as the fighting continued in the city, Iraq's interior minister declared victory in the offensive. "Fallujah is no more a safe haven for the terrorists and killers. This thing is over," Falah Hassan al-Naqib told reporters in Baghdad.

          Elsewhere, Prime Minister Ayad Allawi's office confirmed that two of his female relatives who were kidnapped last week have been released. Allawi's cousin, Ghazi Allawi, 75, his cousin's wife and his cousin's pregnant daughter-in-law were abducted at gunpoint last Tuesday in western Baghdad's Yarmouk neighborhood. There was no word on the cousin.

          On Sunday, U.S. Marines found the disemboweled body of a Western woman wrapped in a blood-soaked blanket on a street in Fallujah. The woman could not be immediately identified, but the only Western women known to have been taken hostage are Briton Margaret Hassan, 59, director of CARE international in Iraq, and Teresa Borcz Khalifa, 54, a Polish-born longtime resident of Iraq.

          Outside Fallujah, U.S. and Iraqi troops and insurgents clashed in several cities across a belt of central and northern Iraq, including Baqouba, Ramadi, Mosul and Suwayrah, south of Baghdad.

          In Baqouba, insurgents attacked 1st Infantry Division soldiers with rocket-propelled grenades and small arms fire near a traffic circle and police station, officials said.

          During the fighting, U.S. troops came under fire from a mosque, the U.S. military said. Iraqi security stormed the mosque and found rocket-propelled grenades, mortar rounds and other weapons and ammunition, the statement said.

          The fighting took place in Baqouba and neighboring town of Buhriz, about 35 miles northeast of Baghdad. American aircraft dropped two 500 pound bombs on an insurgent position.

          A U.S. military spokesman said at least 20 insurgents were killed, although battle reports were still being assessed.

          Mohammed Zayad of the Baqouba hospital said nine Iraqis — ane attacker, a policeman and seven civilians — were killed and 11 Iraqis were injured in the fighting. It was not clear to what extent his count overlapped with the U.S. count of 20 insurgents killed. Four 1st Infantry Division soldiers were wounded, although two of them returned to duty, the military said.

          In Suwayrah, gunmen carried out near-simultaneous attacks on a police station and an Iraqi National Guard headquarters. The assault came after an attacker drove an explosives-laden car at the headquarters. Police shot the driver before he could detonate his bomb, police said.

          Seven Iraqi police and national guardsmen were killed in the Suwayrah fighting, including Maj. Hadi Refeidi, the director of the Suwayrah police station, officials said.

          The week-old offensive in Fallujah, the city that came to symbolize resistance to the U.S.-led occupation, has left at least 38 American troops and six Iraqi soldiers dead. The number of U.S. troops wounded is now 275, though more than 60 have returned to duty. U.S. officials estimated more than 1,200 insurgents have been killed.


          On Monday, U.S. forces resumed heavy airstrikes and artillery fire, with warplanes making between 20-30 bombing sorties in Fallujah and surrounding areas. U.S. ground forces were trying to corner the remaining resistance in the city.


          American forces had attacked a bunker complex Sunday in the city's south where they discovered a network of steel-reinforced tunnels and underground bunkers. The tunnels connected a ring of facilities filled with weapons, an anti-aircraft artillery gun, bunk beds and a truck, according to a statement from the U.S. military.


          Civilians seeking medical care were told through loudspeakers and leaflets to contact U.S. troops.

          In Geneva, the Baghdad spokesman for the International Committee of the Red Cross, Ahmed Rawi, said Monday an Iraqi Red Crescent convoy of four ambulances and four trucks carrying supplies reached Fallujah General Hospital on the city's outskirts, but was unable to go further.

          Ismail al-Haqi, director of the Iraqi Red Crescent Society, said he had decided it was too dangerous for the convoy to proceed into the city.

          "I can't sacrifice the lives of the volunteers; it is very dangerous to go inside Fallujah now and we preferred not to enter," al-Haqi said.

          He denied an earlier statement by the Red Crescent that U.S. forces and Iraqi officials turned back the convoy.

          Rawi said there were no patients at Fallujah General Hospital and that medical supplies there had gone unused throughout the violence because no one was able to reach the facility. The hospital is in U.S.-Iraqi hands, across the Euphrates River from the main part of the city.

          In an interview with The Associated Press, the Marine general who designed the ground attack on Fallujah said it had gone far more quickly than expected and that troops had fought their way across the city in just six days.

          Maj. Gen. Richard Natonski on Sunday described the ground war as a "flawless execution of the plan we drew up. We are actually ahead of schedule."

          Al-Naqib, the Iraqi interior minister, vowed a crackdown on those who incite attacks on Iraqi security forces or urge them to leave their positions — a likely reference to hard-line clerics who say Iraqis should not join the security forces.

          "These have committed the crime of great treason, great treason to the country," al-Naqib said. "What's going on is a plan ... to divide this country and thrust it into a civil war ... There will be no laxity with these."

          Insurgent attacks escalated elsewhere in Sunni Muslim areas of Iraq.

          In the insurgent-heavy city of Ramadi, 70 miles west of the capital, heavy fighting erupted on Monday between militants and U.S. forces, residents said.

          Sunni clerics at several mosques called on residents to kick out bands of armed men who have come from outside the city, claiming that the clashes inside Ramada are having a negative impact on the economic situation of citizens.

          In Mosul, where an uprising broke out last week in support of the Fallujah defenders, a suicide driver tried to ram his bomb-laden vehicle into a U.S. convoy, the military said. He missed but set off the explosives, wounding five soldiers, four of them lightly. A second car then tried to approach the same patrol, but the troops opened fire, killing the driver, the military said.

          Militants raided two Mosul police stations Sunday, killing at least six Iraqi National Guards and wounding three others before Iraqi security forces regained control of both stations.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Calls made to change interest income tax

           

             
           

          Secretary of State Powell resigns

           

             
           

          Taiwan's Chen urged to nod 1992 deal

           

             
           

          Luxury foreign products make inroads

           

             
           

          US calm despite dollar's woes

           

             
           

          System highlights anti-corruption measures

           

             
            Fierce Combat Kills at Least 27
             
            Secretary of State Powell resigns
             
            Afghan militants set hostages deadline
             
            No proof of Iran nuke bomb work -UN
             
            Abbas escapes Gaza shooting unharmed
             
            Israel willing to coordinate Gaza pullout
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          General praises speed of Fallujah success
             
          Body of western woman found in Fallujah
             
          US says troops occupy all of Fallujah
             
          U.S. troops pound insurgents in Mosul
             
          18 US troops, 500 rebels killed in Fallujah
             
          Rumsfeld: Hundreds of Iraqi insurgents killed
             
          US estimates 600 insurgents killed
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 偷拍精品一区二区三区| 欧美性猛交xxxx富婆| 人妻日韩精品中文字幕| 国产精品一区二区色综合| 永久免费av无码网站直播| 久久99日韩国产精品久久99| 久久影院午夜伦手机不四虎卡| 免费人成视频网站在线18| 一区二区三区不卡国产| 日本丰满熟妇在线观看| 亚洲国产精品久久无人区| 婷婷综合亚洲| 国产福利午夜十八禁久久| 中文日韩在线一区二区| 野花香视频在线观看免费高清版 | 久久久久青草线蕉亚洲| 亚洲人成在线观看网站不卡 | 久热这里只有精品视频3| 午夜A理论片在线播放| 日本黄色不卡视频| 各种少妇wbb撒尿| 亚洲综合无码明星蕉在线视频| 中文字幕99国产精品| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 国产精品老熟女乱一区二区| 精品人妻少妇一区二区三区在线 | 无码人妻丝袜在线视频红杏| 久久18禁高潮出水呻吟娇| 欧美人妻在线一区二区| 日韩一区二区超清视频| 久久婷婷五月综合97色直播| 国产福利97精品一区二区| 日韩人妻无码一区二区三区99 | 天堂a无码a无线孕交| 日韩一区在线中文字幕| 久久国产色av免费看| 视频一区二区三区中文字幕狠狠| 午夜福利一区二区在线看| 无码人妻丰满熟妇区bbbbxxxx| 国产极品尤物粉嫩在线观看| 无码人妻一区二区三区线|