<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Fate of aid worker in the balance as date with Zarqawi looms
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-11-04 20:40

          The fate of kidnapped aid worker Margaret Hassan hung in the balance as a deadline approached to hand her over to a group led by Islamic militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi unless British troops left Iraq.

          The captors of the British-Irish woman threatened Tuesday to deliver her to Iraq's most ruthless band of kidnappers, who have already beheaded a string of foreigners, unless their demands were met in 48 hours.

          Britain has made no public response to the threat, which came as hundreds of British soldiers settled into a new base outside Baghdad on a US-requested mission to free up US soldiers for an anticipated assault on other hotspots.

          Hassan, the head of leading charity CARE International in Iraq, is one of the highest-profile victims in a scourge of kidnappings that has plagued the country.

          The 59-year-old, who has spent 30 years in Iraq and is married to an Iraqi, has appeared in three videos since her abduction in Baghdad on October 19.

          Her condition has deteriorated with each viewing and Arabic television network Al-Jazeera opted against airing much of the most recent images on Tuesday due to the "condition of the hostage".

          In the video, the kidnappers pledged to turn Hassan over to Zarqawi unless Britain pulled its 8,500 troops out of Iraq within 48 hours.

          Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern and three of Hassan's sisters made a joint appeal for the aid worker's release following the threat, while CARE's Australian branch, which employs her, also begged anew for her freedom.

          Despite being born in Ireland and raised in Britain, Hassan has dedicated her life to helping the people of Iraq, where --through her husband -- she has citizenship and is even said to speak Arabic with an Iraqi accent.

          Her kidnapping triggered outrage in Iraq, which she calls home.

          On October 25, hundreds of disabled Iraqis on crutches and in wheelchairs begged for Hassan's release, saying their lot has worsened since her abduction.

          Gathered outside the now shuttered Baghdad office of CARE International, many clutched photographs of the aid director, who appeared on a videotape three days earlier urging British troops to leave Iraq to save her life.

          "Please help me, please help me, these might be my last hours," a sobbing Hassan said on the tape broadcast by Qatar-based Al-Jazeera satellite television.

          "Please the British people ask Mr Blair to take the troops out of Iraq and not to bring them here to Baghdad. That's why people like Mr Bigley and myself are being caught and maybe we will die. I will die like Mr Bigley," she said.

          Zarqawi's Al-Qaeda Group of Jihad in the Land of Two Rivers (Iraq) beheaded Bigley last month after he was abducted in Baghdad in September with two US contractors. They also met the same grisly fate.

          Although several other foreign women have been kidnapped in Iraq most have been released and none have been beheaded.

          A large question mark hangs over the fate of a Polish woman, also married to an Iraqi, who was abducted late last month.

           

          Teresa Borcz, 54, has appealed to Poland to withdraw its troops from Iraq -- a requst that Warsaw has refused.

          Some 160 foreigners have been seized since April, and more than 30 of them have been killed by their captors.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Regulation to protect copyright on networks

           

             
           

          Bush lays out agenda for next four years

           

             
           

          Taiwan court refuses to nullify election

           

             
           

          'Brain dead' Arafat kept on life support

           

             
           

          East China expressway accident kills 16

           

             
           

          Firms jumping on Olympic bandwagon

           

             
            'Brain dead' Arafat kept on life support
             
            Bush lays out agenda for next four years
             
            Palestinian leader Arafat in coma -Aide
             
            Iraqis challenge Bush to do better than Saddam
             
            White house claims mandate for Bush agenda
             
            Fate of aid worker in the balance as date with Zarqawi looms
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          CARE hostage faces transfer to Al-Zarqawi
             
          Zarqawi movement vows al-Qaida allegiance
             
          U.S. strikes Zarqawi network, killing 16
             
          Web site warning to Arab nations in Iraq
             
          Zarqawi group puts bounty on Iraqi PM's head
             
          Bremer says Zarqawi is well organized in Iraq
             
          US strike against 'Zarqawi safe house'
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美激情 亚洲 在线| 好吊妞| 美国又粗又长久久性黄大片| 99久久国产精品无码| 亚洲欧美日韩国产综合第一区| 国产高清视频一区二区乱| 成年视频人免费网站动漫在线 | 国产免费又黄又爽又色毛| 国产成年无码久久久免费| 国产精品亚洲第一区在线| 久久青青草原精品国产app| 国产精品入口麻豆| 97久久超碰亚洲视觉盛宴| 人妻在线无码一区二区三区 | 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 99在线精品视频观看免费| 国产微拍一区二区三区四区| 西西人体大胆444WWW| 久久国产精品亚洲精品99| 国产亚洲精品久久久久久久软件| 国产精品无码a∨麻豆| 影视先锋av资源噜噜| 午夜福利免费区在线观看| 亚洲成av人片一区二区| 亚洲精品欧美综合四区| 55大东北熟女啪啪嗷嗷叫| 丰满的已婚女人hd中字| 99国产精品一区二区蜜臀| 国产亚洲精品2021自在线| 国产主播精品福利午夜二区| 国产亚洲精品AA片在线播放天 | 日产国产一区二区不卡| 久久亚洲日本不卡一区二区| 91精品人妻中文字幕色| 欧美成人精品三级网站| 东京热无码国产精品| 国产精品女在线观看| 国内自拍偷拍一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕成人综合网| 精品久久香蕉国产线看观看亚洲| 亚洲女同在线播放一区二区|