<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Car bomb near Fallujah kills 8 US marines
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-31 08:49

          A car bomb killed eight U.S. Marines outside Fallujah on Saturday, the deadliest attack against the U.S. military in nearly six months. Marines pounded guerrilla positions on the outskirts of Fallujah, where American forces are gearing up for a major assault on the insurgent stronghold.

          The Marines later reported a ninth combat death Saturday but did not say whether it was in the car bombing or another action. Efforts to contact the Marines for clarification were unsuccessful.

          In Baghdad, another car bomb exploded outside an Arabic television network's offices, killing seven people and injuring 19 in the biggest attack against a news organization since the occupation began last year.

          It was a day in which at least 30 people died in politically motivated violence across the country — stark evidence of a security situation threatening to spiral out of control.

          Late Saturday, the decapitated body of a young Asian male was found in an insurgent-infested neighborhood of Baghdad, and hospital officials believed it was that of Japanese hostage Shosei Koda, 24, although his identity was not confirmed.

          An al-Qaida-linked group led by Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi threatened to behead the Japanese backpacker unless Tokyo withdrew its soldiers from Iraq. Japan has rejected that demand.

          South of Baghdad, witnesses said a U.S. convoy came under attack, prompting Iraqi forces to open fire randomly and throw hand grenades, hitting three minibuses and three vans. At least 14 people were killed, hospital officials said.

          The Marine deaths came when a car bomb went off next to a truck southwest of Baghdad, said Maj. Clark Watson of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force. Nine other Marines were wounded in the attack in western Anbar province, which includes Fallujah and other insurgent strongholds, the military said.

          It was the biggest number of American military deaths in a single day since May 2, when nine U.S. troops were killed in separate mortar attacks and roadside bombings in Baghdad, Ramadi and Kirkuk.

          American forces are preparing for a major assault on Fallujah in an effort to restore control to a swath of Sunni Muslim towns north and west of the capital ahead of crucial national elections due by Jan. 31.

          On Saturday, insurgents fired mortars at Marine positions outside Fallujah. U.S. troops responded with "the strongest artillery barrage in recent weeks," said Marine spokesman 1st Lt. Lyle Gilbert.

          Later, a Marine Harrier jet bombed a guerrilla mortar position inside Fallujah, then strafed it with machine-gun fire, Gilbert said. He had no reports of insurgent casualties.

          Crowds of Iraqis peered skyward as two warplanes circled over the rebel-held city, where large explosions rumbled Saturday afternoon. Insurgents fired rockets and mortars toward U.S. Marine positions.

          "This is very painful for Fallujah. I think they're destroying the town and killing families there," said Saadoun Mohamed, a 35-year-old driver near Fallujah.

          "It's very complicated. I don't know how to solve this problem," he said through an Iraqi Marine translator.

          Clashes between U.S. troops and insurgents also started Saturday in Ramadi, west of Fallujah. Two policemen were killed and four Iraqis injured in the crossfire, said Dr. Saleh al-Duleimi of the Ramadi General Hospital.

          In Baghdad, the car bomb exploded outside the office of the Al-Arabiya television network, a satellite broadcaster based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Seven people were killed and 19 injured, police and hospital officials said.

          Three bodies, including one of a woman, were mangled beyond recognition, said Al-Arabiya correspondent Najwa Qassem. It could not be determined whether any of those bodies were of Al-Arabiya employees. However, she confirmed that one guard and one administration worker were among the dead.

          The blast collapsed the first floor of the building, where staffers were meeting, said Saad al-Husseini, a correspondent of MBC, a sister channel of Al-Arabiya based in the same building.

          Employees "were trapped between fire and the shattering shards of glass," he said. That "led to the high number of casualties. We were all there."

          Al-Arabiya's managing editor, Abdulrahman al-Rashed, said seven people remained missing.

          A militant group calling itself the "1920 Brigades" claimed responsibility for the attack, blasting Al-Arabiya as "Americanized spies speaking in Arabic tongue" in a statement posted on a Web site. The station is owned by Saudi investors.

          "We have threatened them to no avail that they are the mouthpiece of the American occupation in Iraq," the statement said, warning of more attacks against this "treacherous network." It was impossible to verify the claim's authenticity.

          Al-Rashed, an outspoken critic of Islamic militants and terror attacks, said the station will continue to operate from Iraq.

          "This is our job and we won't succumb to pressure," he said from Dubai.

          The Iraqi police shooting south of Baghdad came after an American convoy was attacked early Saturday with roadside bombs, witnesses said. After the Americans pulled out, Iraqi police and National Guards arrived on the scene and began firing wildly, the witnesses said. The U.S. military had no immediate comment.

          Three minibuses and three vans were hit on the street near Haswa, 25 miles south of Baghdad, witnesses said.

          Abdul Razzaq al-Janabi, director of Iskandariyah General Hospital, said 14 people were killed and 10 others injured. More wounded were taken to other hospitals. Reporters saw bloody bodies riddled with bullet holes inside the buses.

          In Baghdad, Mohammed Bashar al-Faydhi, a spokesman for the influential Association of Muslim Scholars, demanded a government investigation into "this massacre" because "Iraqi policemen are carrying out such crimes."

          Al-Faydhi also said a bid to mediate a peaceful solution to the Fallujah standoff failed because the government demanded that the city hand over extremists, including al-Zarqawi. Hardline clerics who run the city said al-Zarqawi is not there.

          "There is no good news on the horizon in finding a solution," al-Faydhi said. "There is a belief among the Fallujah people that the Americans will invade the city even if the Arab fighters leave."

          Marines mounted a three-week siege of Fallujah in April but called off the offensive after a public outcry over civilian casualties. The siege was launched after militants ambushed and killed four American contractors, mutilated their bodies and hung them from a bridge.

          This time, U.S. officials insist that the final order for an all-out attack will come from Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, and Iraqi forces will join the fight. American officials estimate up to 5,000 Islamic militants, Saddam Hussein loyalists and common criminals are holed up in Fallujah.

          Allawi met Saturday in Baghdad with tribal leaders from the area and told them "the door remained open" for a peaceful settlement in Fallujah, the prime minister's press office said.

          But Allawi added that the government "owed it to the Iraqi people" not to let terrorists use Fallujah as a base of operations.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Bin Laden says he ordered 9/11 attacks

           

             
           

          Priority given to efficient hydropower

           

             
           

          Governor of Jilin Province resigns

           

             
           

          Body resembling Japanese hostage found

           

             
           

          IOC endorses 'frugal' Games campaign

           

             
           

          China's rate rise necessary, but not enough

           

             
            Bin Laden says he ordered 9/11 attacks
             
            Sudan govt, rebels fail to agree on security
             
            Bush, Kerry spar over Bin Laden video
             
            "Asian" body identified as Iraqi-medical
             
            Ailing Arafat examined in French hospital
             
            Fate of missing Iraq weapons unresolved
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲一二三区精品美妇| 国产色悠悠视频在线观看| 麻豆国产va免费精品高清在线| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9 | 双乳奶水饱满少妇呻吟免费看| 巨熟乳波霸若妻在线播放| 中文字幕有码无码AV| 国产精品香蕉在线观看不卡| 国产综合视频一区二区三区| 华人在线亚洲欧美精品| 成年女人毛片免费观看中文| 午夜精品亚洲一区二区三区| 免费视频欧美无人区码| 午夜福利国产盗摄久久性| 中文字幕不卡在线播放| 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 在线亚洲妇色中文色综合| 亚洲国产精品热久久| 亚洲人成网站18禁止无码| 激情欧美精品一区二区 | 久久精品丝袜高跟鞋| 美腿丝袜亚洲综合第一页| 欧美成人午夜精品免费福利| 一二三四中文字幕日韩乱码| 精品国产福利久久久| 夜色福利站WWW国产在线视频| 久久久久久久久久久免费精品| 欧美激情二区三区| 99RE8这里有精品热视频| 久久九九亚洲国产成人| 精品一卡2卡三卡4卡乱码精品视频| 国产精品视频久久| jizzjizz少妇亚洲水多| 妲己丰满人熟妇大尺度人体艺| 国产片AV国语在线观看手机版| 麻豆国产成人av在线播放欲色| 亚洲第一人伊伊人色综合| 久久亚洲国产成人精品v| 亚洲国产成人午夜在线一区| 中文字幕少妇人妻精品| 日韩日韩日韩日韩日韩熟女|