<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq vows to disarm rebels, hold elections
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-13 22:18

          Iraq's interim government vowed on Wednesday to disarm insurgents bent on derailing January elections and drive foreign militants from Falluja, where the latest clashes with U.S. forces killed eight people.

          "No Iraqi will be allowed to have heavy weapons," Defense Minister Hazim Shaalan told the Saudi Okaz newspaper.

          A cash-for-weapons program kicked off in the Baghdad slums of Sadr City this week after a radical Shi'ite militia promised to disarm under a plan to end fighting with U.S. forces there.

          Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who visited Baghdad this week, gave a cautious verdict on the scheme.

          "It is true that some elements are turning in some weapons," he said in Bucharest. "One hopes that over time all of them will. But until that happens, why, we have to just be hopeful."

          Shaalan said insurgents must disarm in all Iraqi towns and cities, including Falluja, a hotbed of Sunni Muslim insurgency.

          "Terrorists are controlling a large part of Falluja and we will get them sooner or later. There are non-Iraqis among them, they are Arabs," the paper quoted him as saying.

          U.S. troops called in air strikes on one neighborhood of the rebel-held city during fighting on Tuesday evening. A doctor reported eight dead from the violence, which coincided with peace talks aimed at deploying Iraqi security forces in Falluja.

          "We are very close to reaching a final settlement. Our main condition is that the U.S. army does not enter Falluja," the city's negotiator Khaled al-Jumaili told Reuters on Wednesday.

          Repeated U.S. air raids have hit the city in recent weeks, most of them aimed at buildings the military says are used by foreign militants loyal to Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

          "We hope the strikes can be temporarily suspended to...give us a chance to conclude negotiations and then the National Guard can enter Falluja," Shaalan said.

          Previous truce deals have failed to calm Falluja.

          Iraq's daily round of bombings, kidnappings and fighting has blighted postwar reconstruction efforts and cast doubt on whether the January elections can go ahead on time.

          POLLS TO PROCEED

          Electoral Commission officials said Wednesday they were confident the polls would be held and outlined plans for voters and political parties to register next month.

          Asked if the elections would take place on time, spokesman Farid Ayar told a news conference: "I hope so. We are confident. We have to hold the elections by January 31."

          In the latest violence, guerrillas killed three U.S. soldiers in a roadside bomb attack in eastern Baghdad on Tuesday night, the U.S. military said. In western Baghdad early Wednesday, another American was killed in an attack. The fatalities took the U.S. combat death toll to 821 since last year's U.S.-led invasion.

           

          Gunmen killed an Iraqi police captain, Saadi Rahim, on his way to work in the town of Baquba, north of Baghdad, on Wednesday, according to his nephew, who was wounded.

          Iraq could loom large in the final U.S. presidential campaign debate later on Wednesday, when George W. Bush defends his policies against Democrat John Kerry.

          Though senior U.S. officials have acknowledged Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction stockpiled or proven links with al Qaeda, Bush has argued Iraq and the world are still better off with the former dictator's removal.

          Fresh evidence of atrocities from the Saddam era has emerged at a "killing field" near Hatra, in northern Iraq, which could help convict the captured dictator of crimes against humanity.

          Investigators, concluding their first scientific exhumation of a mass grave, this week showed reporters nine trenches in a dry riverbed containing at least 300 bodies, and possibly thousands, including unborn babies and toddlers clutching toys.

          "It is my personal opinion that this is a killing field," said Greg Kehoe, a U.S. lawyer appointed by the White House to work with the Iraqi Special Tribunal set up to try Saddam.

          "I've been doing grave sites for a long time, but I've never seen anything like this, women and children executed for no apparent reason," added Kehoe, who spent five years in the Balkans.

          The victims are believed to be Kurds killed in 1987-88.

          Saddam, 67, who is expected to face trial for crimes including genocide next year, underwent a hernia operation at a U.S.-run hospital in Baghdad two weeks ago and has made a full recovery, a U.S. military official said on Wednesday.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Separatism undermines Chen's peace overtures

           

             
           

          Gambling on renminbi appreciation risky

           

             
           

          Putin: Sino-Russian ties to grow

           

             
           

          China ranks 46th of 104 economies - Report

           

             
           

          Survey to find out HIV-infected blood sellers

           

             
           

          15% income tax from expatriates in Shanghai

           

             
            Bush, Kerry prepare for final debate
             
            Blair won't apologize over Iraq
             
            4 US soldiers killed by bomb in Iraq
             
            Iraq vows to disarm rebels, hold elections
             
            Haiti violence death toll rises to 46
             
            'Iran will never give up its right to enrichment'
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品乱码一区二区三四五区| 国产午夜福利av在线麻豆| 亚洲熟女乱综合一区二区三区 | 99久久成人亚洲精品观看| 免费午夜无码片在线观看影院| 91久久偷偷做嫩草影院免费看| 国产中文字幕在线精品| 激情五月开心综合亚洲| 亚洲av天堂综合网久久| 一区二区三区无码免费看| 欧美人与动牲交a免费| 亚洲 欧美 动漫 少妇 自拍| 国产精品原创不卡在线| 波多野结衣久久一区二区| 涩涩爱狼人亚洲一区在线| 亚洲精品一区二区区别| 日韩乱码人妻无码中文字幕| 亚洲中文字幕成人综合网| 日韩欧美国产综合| 国产精品久久国产丁香花| a国产一区二区免费入口| 久久精品丝袜高跟鞋| 日韩人妻系列无码专区| 久久se精品一区精品二区国产| 日本一区二区三区专线| 欧洲精品不卡1卡2卡三卡| 中文字幕国产精品自拍| 青青草a国产免费观看| 亚洲中文字幕一二区日韩| 女性裸体啪啪拍无遮挡的网站| 美日韩精品综合一区二区| 国产精品无码成人午夜电影| 国产欧美日韩精品丝袜高跟鞋| 老鸭窝| 欧美人与zoxxxx另类| 欧美一区二区三区欧美日韩亚洲| 99热这里都是国产精品| 国产精品人妻久久无码不卡| 18禁床震无遮掩视频| 亚洲日韩久热中文字幕| 精品福利视频导航|