<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Guinea-Bissau standoff ends as soldiers sign deal
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-10-11 09:12

          Soldiers who staged a mutiny last week in Guinea-Bissau agreed on Sunday to return to their barracks after striking a deal with the government to end a five-day standoff in the West African country.

          Angry soldiers demanding back pay for peacekeeping duty in Liberia seized key buildings in the capital last Wednesday and killed the head of the former Portuguese colony's armed forces, General Verissimo Correia Seabra, and another officer.

          The impoverished country has been unstable since a bloody army revolt in 1998 and the government has acknowledged that a major overhaul of the armed forces was needed to avert further violence.

          "The two parties agreed it was not a coup d'etat. We have agreed to the immediate return of the soldiers to barracks and the respect of the constitutional order, democratically and legally established," said a statement signed by Prime Minister Carlos Gomes Junior and General Batista Tagme Na Waie.

          They agreed to restructure the army, ask parliament to consider an amnesty for soldiers dating back to when the country's first president was ousted in a 1980 coup, and press the United Nations for cash to clear the salary arrears.

          "We never wished for the death of our two colleagues. We regret our acts. Nevertheless, the mutiny served as an example for the future of the army," said General Na Waie, with tears in his eyes after the signing.

          Senior representatives from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and Portuguese-speaking nations (CPLP) had jetted to the tiny country bordering Senegal and Guinea to seek an end to the crisis.

          "I am pleased that the parties have signed this agreement but we will have to wait and see whether there will be a repeat of last week's events," said Nobel Peace Prize winner Jose Ramos-Horta, who is foreign minister of former Portuguese colony East Timor.

          "The situation is serious in Guinea-Bissau, not just on an economic and social level ... the political situation is also very serious," he said before the deal. "There are lots of political parties but they are not up to improving stability."

          Residents in one of the world's poorest countries, where people scrape by on $140 each a year from fishing and cashew nut exports, expressed dismay at yet another military uprising.

          More than a hundred women sang peace songs and wept outside the Foreign Ministry in Bissau city where the talks took place, just across from the first presidential palace which is still in ruins after the 1998 army revolt.

          Hundreds of mourners attended the burial of Seabra and the second army officer on Sunday where first lady Maria Rosa Robalo appealed for an end to the violence.

          "Let's forget about protocol today. We must love each other. We must stop killing each other," she said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Chirac supports one-China policy, lifting arms embargo

           

             
           

          Chen Shui-bian's call for talks discredited

           

             
           

          Economy to grow 9.4% this year and 8.9% next

           

             
           

          China, Australia to hold joint naval exercises

           

             
           

          Airbus to expand procurement from China

           

             
           

          Lawmakers call for protection of drivers

           

             
            Car bombs kill 11 as Rumsfeld visits Iraq
             
            Panel to probe fraud claims in Afghan vote
             
            Gas hits 4-month high of $1.99 per gallon
             
            Mathematicians offer help in terror fight
             
            Rumsfeld: US faces test of wills in Iraq
             
            Bomb at Pakistan Shiite mosque kills four
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Miner in Guinea digs up 182-carat diamond
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久se精品一区精品二区国产| 日本久久一区二区三区高清 | 国产乱人无码伦AV在线A| 国产精品不卡一区二区视频| 日日夜夜噜噜视频| 女同亚洲精品一区二区三| 亚在线观看免费视频入口| 久久91这里精品国产2020| 无码人妻斩一区二区三区| 亚洲色偷偷偷综合网| 亚洲AV国产福利精品在现观看| 日韩爱爱视频| 精品国产熟女一区二区三区| 97se亚洲综合自在线| 精品一区精品二区制服| 色爱综合另类图片av| 中文字幕在线视频免费| 日本高清在线观看WWW色| 日韩视频福利| 极品粉嫩小泬无遮挡20p| 麻豆精品丝袜人妻久久| 亚洲欧洲一区二区福利片| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 国产精品熟女一区二区三区| 久久久久久久久18禁秘| 蜜桃一区二区三区免费看| 97人妻免费碰视频碰免| 任我爽精品视频在线播放| 天天综合亚洲色在线精品| 国产成人女人毛片视频在线| 人妻丝袜AV中文系列先锋影音| 日本熟妇色一本在线观看| 色偷偷中文在线天堂中文| 亚洲精品白浆高清久久| 91亚洲国产成人久久蜜臀| 国产精品午夜性视频| 麻豆精品一区二区视频在线| 91系列在线观看| 国产视色精品亚洲一区二区 | 欧美交A欧美精品喷水| 尹人香蕉久久99天天拍欧美p7|