<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Seven Iraqis killed, 11 wounded as US forces pound Fallujah
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-25 13:55

          U.S. warplanes, tanks and artillery units struck the insurgent stronghold of Fallujah on Saturday, killing at least eight people and wounding 15 in a day that saw new violence across the country and the U.S. military announced the deaths of four Marines.

          The Marines were killed in three separate incidents Friday while conducting security operations in Anbar province, the military said. No further details were provided.

           
          Seven people have been killed and 11 wounded overnight when US forces again used artillery and planes to pound the anti-coalition stronghold of Fallujah, west of Baghdad. [AFP]

          In Baghdad, gunmen opened fire on a vehicle carrying Iraqi National Guard applicants, killing six people, police said. The slayings were part of a militant campaign targeting Iraqi security forces and recruits in a bid to thwart U.S.-backed efforts to build an Iraqi force capable of taking over security from American troops.

          Police Lt. Omar Ahmed said the group had just left a national guard recruiting center where they had signed up to join the force in the west Baghdad neighborhood of Al-Jamiyah when the attack occurred.

          Underscoring just how dependent the government still is on outside help, interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi urged the international community to set aside its differences over the legality of the invasion to oust Saddam Hussein and "stand fast by Iraq."

          "We need to broaden the base of troop-contributing countries to (the multinational force) so that we would stand more determined and be better equipped to confront terrorism," he told the U.N. General Assembly in New York on Friday.

          The U.S. military said the Fallujah strikes targeted a meeting point in the center of the city for fighters loyal to Jordanian-born terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

          "Intelligence sources reported that Zarqawi terrorists were using the site to plan additional attacks against Iraqi citizens and multinational forces," the military said in a statement.

          American forces also bombed rebel-built fortifications late Friday, including concrete and earthen barriers and roadblocks, used to restrict movement in the city and mount attacks on Marine positions outside Fallujah, the military said in a separate statement Saturday.

          Dr. Dhiya al-Jumaili of Fallujah General Hospital said at least eight people were killed and 15 wounded, including women and children.

          Explosions lit up the night sky for hours and at least two buildings in the city center were wrecked, witnesses said. The Fallujah mosque switched on its loudspeakers and clerics chanted prayers to rally the city's residents.

          Earlier Friday, Marines fired artillery rounds after observing a number of insurgents getting out of a vehicle with a mounted machine gun, said 1st Lt. Lyle Gilbert, a Marine spokesman.

          American troops have not entered Fallujah since ending a three-week siege of the city in April that left hundreds dead.

          Saturday's strikes were the latest in a string of attacks against al-Zarqawi's network, which has claimed responsibility for numerous car bombings, kidnappings and other assaults meant to destabilize Iraq's U.S.-backed interim authorities and drive coalition forces from the country.

          Among the hostages Zarqawi's Tawhid and Jihad group claims to have taken is Briton Kenneth Bigley, kidnapped with two Americans earlier this week. The Americans were beheaded, one purportedly by Zarqawi himself.

          On Friday, the Muslim Council of Britain sent a pair of negotiators to meet with religious leaders in Baghdad to try to win Bigley's release. The group described Daud Abdullah and Musharraf Hussain as "well-respected figures in the British Muslim community."

          A posting on an Islamic Internet site Saturday claimed that Bigley had been killed. The claim could not immediately be verified, but surfaced on a Web site usually used by followers of Jordanian terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi to post their statements.

          The site also claimed that seven British troops had been captured, but Capt. Donald Francis, a spokesman for the British military said that all forces "are accounted for."

          He had no information on the claim to have killed Bigley.

          Iqbal Sacranie, the group's secretary-general, on Friday urged Bigley's captors to free him.

          "Our religion Islam does not allow us to harm the innocent," said Iqbal Sacranie, the group's secretary-general. He urged the kidnappers to "release this man back into the arms of his waiting family."

          Also Friday, authorities said kidnappers had seized six Egyptians and four Iraqis working for the country's mobile phone company. Gunmen abducted two of the Egyptians on Thursday in a bold raid on the firm's Baghdad office — the latest in a string of kidnappings targeting engineers working on Iraq's infrastructure, in a bid to undermine the U.S.-allied interim government. Eight other company employees were seized outside Baghdad on Wednesday.

          More than 140 foreigners have been kidnapped in Iraq — some by anti-U.S. insurgents and some by criminals seeking ransoms. At least 26 of them have been killed.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Wen: China supports Russia's WTO bid

           

             
           

          Nation gears up for incoming festival, holiday

           

             
           

          36 still missing as search goes on

           

             
           

          Dorm: A room of one's own

           

             
           

          Telecom, Netcom to link wireless services

           

             
           

          China launches military exercise

           

             
            Seven Iraqis killed, 11 wounded as US forces pound Fallujah
             
            Australian PM warned off Iraq by weapons expert
             
            Eight hostages seized as nationwide polls cancelled
             
            Pakistan, India leaders vow to seek peace
             
            U.S. officials differ on Iraqi elections
             
            Musharraf 'reasonably sure' Bin Laden is alive
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产真实乱人偷精品人妻| 啦啦啦啦www日本在线观看 | 国产精品自偷一区在线观看| 92精品国产自产在线观看481页| 撕开奶罩揉吮奶头视频| 中文字幕无码专区一VA亚洲V专| 又色又爽又黄的视频网站| 久久人妻av一区二区软件| 国产一精品一av一免费| 亚洲 国产 制服 丝袜 一区| 四虎国产精品永久在线观看| 最新亚洲人成网站在线观看| 少妇仑乱a毛片无码| 日韩一区二区三区三级| 2020年最新国产精品正在播放| 91娇喘视频| 亚洲av二区伊人久久| 国产成人欧美日本在线观看| 久久精品人人做人人爽电影蜜月| 免费观看欧美猛交视频黑人| 久久久精品成人免费观看| 欧美人与动牲交精品| 波多野结衣久久一区二区| 宝贝几天没c你了好爽菜老板| 午夜成人性爽爽免费视频| www亚洲精品| 中国明星xxxx性裸交| 国产精品成人午夜福利| 国产午夜精品久久精品电影| 亚洲一区二区中文av| 成人亚洲国产精品一区不卡| 欧美日韩精品免费一区二区三区| 久久热这里只有精品最新| 国产亚洲视频免费播放| 亚洲中文字幕一区久久| 玩弄漂亮少妇高潮白浆| 国产av一区二区三区区别| 日韩精品一区二区三区无| 国产欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区| 免费看久久妇女高潮a| 秋霞鲁丝片成人无码|