<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          WB head flees Bangladesh after death threat
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-10 13:52

          The World Bank's country director in Bangladesh has left after receiving a death threat, a bank source said on Friday.

          Newspaper reports said Christine Wallich received the threatening letter on Tuesday and left Bangladesh hurriedly that night.

          They said the letter was mailed to Wallich from Dhaka's Gulshan area, with copies sent to several newspaper offices.

          A World Bank source confirmed on Friday that Wallich had received a threatening letter and that she had left the country, but would not say if her trip was pre-planned, where she had gone or when she might return.

          "We can only say she received a letter containing a threat to kill her and that she took the next available flight out of Bangladesh. But we can make no further comment on this," said the source, who declined to be named.

          A senior government official said on Friday that Wallich had informed Finance Minister M. Saifur Rahman of the threat.

          "The minister assured her of all sorts of security on the road and at home but yet she left," said the official, requesting anonymity.

          Bomb scares and death threats have become commonplace in Bangladesh since a grenade attack on an opposition party rally in the capital on Aug. 21 that killed 19 people and wounded 150.

          Sheikh Hasina, leader of the Awami League and a former prime minister, said the attack had been intended to kill her.

          Wallich met Hasina just days after the attack to convey her sympathies and said such violent incidents would affect the economy and investment in impoverished Bangladesh.

          Hasina blamed the attack on militants close to Islamic partners of Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia's ruling coalition.

          Khaleda rejected the allegation, ordered a judicial probe and called in Interpol and FBI experts to help local investigators.

          Hasina demanded a neutral inquiry without using domestic experts and detectives + who she said could be influenced by the government.

          Wallich is the first foreigner known to have received a death threat since the Aug. 21 incident that followed a series of unexplained blasts in the country.

          British High Commissioner Anwar Choudhury was among 50 people wounded in a blast in the northeastern town of Sylhet in May. Scotland Yard detectives flew in to assist local investigators but they have yet to track down the culprits.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China's stocks plunge to five-year low

           

             
           

          Southwest flood death toll grows to 177

           

             
           

          HK condemns `distorted' report

           

             
           

          Bin Laden's deputy: US on brink of defeat

           

             
           

          JI 'claims Jakarta car bombing'

           

             
           

          Shanghai readies for Rockets-Kings game

           

             
            Gore calls Cheney remarks 'sleazy'
             
            JI 'claims Jakarta car bombing'
             
            Clinton takes short walks in hospital
             
            Hurricane Ivan nears Jamaica, kills 23
             
            Group: 'Ghost Detainees' likely in Iraq
             
            Bin Laden's deputy: US on brink of defeat
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲自拍精品视频在线| 一区二区三区午夜无码视频| 男人+高清无码+一区二区| 久久国产精品免费一区二区| 亚洲精品一区二区制服| 久久亚洲日本不卡一区二区| 久久日韩精品一区二区五区| 亚洲中文字幕无码爆乳| 国产高清精品在线91| 亚洲成AV人片在线观高清| 99久久免费国产精品| 福利一区二区视频在线| 日韩乱码免费一区二区三区| 亚洲天堂亚洲天堂亚洲色图| 中文熟妇人妻av在线| 天堂网亚洲综合在线| 猫咪网网站免费观看| 99久久久国产精品消防器材| 国产精品免费AⅤ片在线观看| 2019亚洲午夜无码天堂| 女优av福利在线观看| 亚洲国产成人自拍视频网| 亚洲欧洲精品成人久久av18| 国产无遮挡性视频免费看| 国产精品亚洲А∨天堂免下载| 国产一区二区不卡在线| 波多野无码中文字幕av专区| 久久婷婷大香萑太香蕉av人| 精品国精品自拍自在线| 国产啪在线91| 国产小受被做到哭咬床单GV| 亚洲综合色一区二区三区| 精品国产中文字幕av| 1313午夜精品理论片| 国产一二三五区不在卡| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另类| 成在人线av无码免费| 亚洲av永久无码精品成人| 亚洲色最新高清AV网站| 国产精品视频中文字幕| 久久精品亚洲日本波多野结衣|