<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Jakarta car bombing kills 11, injures 161
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-10 00:27

          A powerful car bomb exploded near the Australian Embassy in Jakarta Thursday, killing 11 people and wounding four Chinese and at least 157 others, witnesses and officials said.

          Police immediately blamed Jemaah Islamiyah, the Southeast Asian terror network that is linked to al-Qaida.

          The group has been accused in several deadly bombings, including the bombing of the JW Marriott hotel in the same neighbourhood last year, in which 12 people were killed.


          An injured person is evacuated from the Australian embassy in Jakarta after a bomb blast in Jakarta on September 9, 2004. An explosion rocked central Jakarta on Thursday, damaging the Australian Embassy and killing at least 6 people. [Reuters]

          No one inside the heavily fortified embassy was hurt, said Lyndall Sachs, a spokeswoman for the Australian Foreign Ministry in Canberra.

          The bombing flattened the mission's gate, mangled cars and motorbikes on the street and shattered scores of windows in nearby high-rise buildings.

          "Initial investigations show this was a car bomb. We do not know whether anyone was in the car," police chief General Dai Bachtiar said.

          The health ministry said 11 people had died and 161 were wounded. Three of the dead were policemen guarding the building, police said.

          At least four Chinese people were among the injured in the blast.

          "The scale of this incident and the number of casualties involved are very shocking to us," Foreign Ministry spokesman Kong Quan told a regular briefing in Beijing.

          "Four Chinese workers were taken to hospital for treatment. Our embassy staff have visited them in hospital. We are following the incident very closely."

          He Shiqing, a press officer with the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia told China Daily that the four Chinese are all employees of Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.

          "They were lightly injured when the windows of their offices, nearby the embassy, which were shattered by the explosion," he said, adding that the embassy was keeping close contact with the hospital.

          In the past several years Indonesia has been hit by a series of deadly bombings of Western targets by militants belonging to Jemaah Islamiyah. In 2002, 202 people -- including 88 Australians -- died in an attack on two nightclubs on the tourist island of Bali.

          Bachtiar said Thursday's bombing bore the hallmark of Jemaah Islamiyah.

          "The modus operandi is very similar to other attacks, including the Bali bombings and the Marriott blast," he said. "We can conclude (the perpetrators) are the same group."

          The embassy is located on Rasuna Said street, a main thoroughfare in the Kuningan district housing foreign embassies, businesses and shopping malls.

          Bloody corpses and severed human remains were strewn across the six-lane street.

          Dazed survivors desperately tried to locate colleagues and missing family members in the minutes after the 10:15 am blast.

          "I can't find my family," said Suharti, who had eight relatives working at the embassy.

          "I am terrified. I don't know where they are," she said, clutching the arm of a reporter.

          Embassy media officer Elizabeth O'Neill said the force of the bomb had shocked staff.

          It was an "enormous bomb, the enormity of the crater, the police truck outside has been blown to bits, it's like the wind has been pushed out of you," O'Neill told Australia's Nine TV Network.

          President Megawati Sukarnoputri was in neighbouring Brunei Thursday attending a royal wedding, but cut short her stay to return to Jakarta after learning about the explosion, officials said.

          "We strongly condemn this action. Together we fight the war against terrorism," Foreign Minister Hassan Wirajuda told reporters at the scene of the blast.

          The bombing came as authorities prepared to press charges against jailed cleric Abu Bakar Bashir, who has been accused by police of heading Jemaah Islamiyah and playing a role in the August 5, 2003, bombing of the JW Marriott Hotel.

          Bashir has denied any involvement in terrorism and claims that Jakarta buckled under Washington's pressure to arrest him as part of a crackdown on Islamic activists in the world's most populous Muslim nation.

          Bachtiar said the bombing may have been the work of Azahari Husin, a British-trained Malaysian engineer who has eluded capture for nearly three years.

          Husin, one of Asia's most-wanted men and a Jemaah Islamiyah member, has been linked to numerous bombings in Indonesia, including the Bali blasts.

          In recent weeks several Western embassies, including those of the United States and Australia, have warned their citizens about possible attacks by Muslim militants.

          Also Thursday, the US mission renewed the warning, urging Americans to stay away from the Kuningan district in which the blast occurred.

          Indonesian security forces have arrested about 150 people over the Marriott and Bali attacks. More than 50 defendants have been sentenced so far -- including three who received the death sentence.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Jakarta car bombing kills 11, injures 161

           

             
           

          Olympic projects progressing well

           

             
           

          Stocks plunge to five-year low

           

             
           

          HK condemns `distorted' report

           

             
           

          Southwest flood death toll grows to 177

           

             
           

          Scientific satellites launched from Shanxi

           

             
            Russia vows to attack 'terror' worldwide
             
            S.Korea confirms plutonium test in 1982
             
            Blast rocks Aussie embassy in Jakarta; 7 dead
             
            DNA fingerprint discoverer has concerns
             
            World wants Bush out of the White House: Poll
             
            AP: Thousands of Iraqis estimated killed
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Blast rocks Aussie embassy in Jakarta; 7 dead
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品无码国产日韩制服丝袜| 亚洲精品国产综合久久一线| 女人喷液抽搐高潮视频| 自拍偷拍另类三级三色四色| 强d乱码中文字幕熟女1000部| 国产又猛又爽又黄视频| 一区二区在线观看 激情| 国产WW久久久久久久久久| 一级毛片网| 99精品国产一区二区电影| 欧美精品一区二区精品久久| 人妻少妇偷人精品一区| 精品国产精品国产偷麻豆| 国产不卡的一区二区三区| 无码一级视频在线| 中国性欧美videofree精品| 丁香婷婷无码不卡在线| 亚洲国产午夜精品理论片| 六十路老熟妇乱子伦视频| 人妻少妇精品视频三区二区一区| 精品一区二区三区少妇蜜臀| 免费无码中文字幕A级毛片| 久久se精品一区精品二区国产| 四虎成人精品永久网站| 亚洲av无码乱码国产麻豆穿越| 尤物视频在线播放你懂的| 亚洲天堂成年人在线视频| 国产成人精品1024免费下载| 无套内谢少妇毛片aaaa片免费| 50岁熟妇的呻吟声对白| 欧美激情成人网| 国产精品高清中文字幕| 亚洲中文字幕乱码一二三区| 亚洲精品一区二区妖精| 最近国语高清免费观看视频 | 亚洲精品日韩在线丰满| 国产色婷婷视频在线观看| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区| 精品国产一区二区三区2021| 亚洲熟妇熟女久久精品一区| 亚洲欧美激情四射在线日|