<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Turkish hostage released in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-07 01:26

          A Turkish driver taken hostage in Iraq was freed by his captors on Monday, Turkey's foreign minister said. The release came a day after the driver's company said it would withdraw from Iraq in line with kidnappers' demands.


          Mithat Civi, a Turkish truck driver, is seen here with a Quran he received as gift from one of his captors, shortly before his release, at Ramadi, Iraq, Monday, Sept. 6, 2004. [AP]
          Mithat Civi, who was captured on Saturday, was released in Iraq "as a result of our intense efforts," Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul told reporters in Ankara.

          The Turkish transport company that employed Civi, Renay International, said on Sunday it was withdrawing from Iraq in an effort to save the life of the 48-year-old hostage, whom Iraqi militants had threatened to behead.

          Ghassan Jasim Abbel, whose Kuwait Falcon Co. contracted with Renay International for some hauls in Iraq, said Monday he had seen an Arab TV report of Civi's release and was hopeful, but was awaiting a call from the driver to be sure.

          "God willing, it will be confirmed," Abbel told The Associated Press.

          "We did not pay any money for his release," he added, saying the announcement to stop doing business in Iraq — made Sunday — was apparently enough.

          Civi, a father of three, had been working in Kuwait and had left for Iraq a month ago.

          Renay, a company based in the southern Turkish city of Antakya, was the latest in a series of Turkish companies to pull out of Iraq to try to secure the release of captured employees.

          A group calling itself the Islamic Resistance Movement-Al-Noaman Brigades had released a tape showing a bearded man, purported to be the Turkish truck driver, sitting in front of a black banner bearing the group's name in gold-colored Arabic characters.

          The militants threatened to behead the Turk unless his employers and their Kuwaiti contractor ended operations in Iraq. The videotape was aired on Al-Arabiya television on Saturday.

          Last month, Murat Yuce, a Turk who worked for a company that provided laundry services, was shot dead in Iraq by al-Qaida-linked militants loyal to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian militant held responsible for a series of bombings, kidnappings and other attacks in Iraq.

          In a separate kidnapping case last week, a tape purporting to show three Turkish hostages being killed was sent to Al-Jazeera TV from the Tawhid and Jihad militant group, which also is linked to al-Zarqawi. The bodies of two slain Turkish citizens and an unidentified man were discovered in northern Iraq later but it could not be confirmed whether the bodies found in northern Iraq belonged to the three men in the video.

          Militants waging a violent 16-month insurgency in Iraq have increasingly turned to kidnapping foreigners in an effort to drive out coalition forces and contractors.

          At least seven Turkish companies have announced their withdrawal from Iraq to secure the release of kidnapped staff, and a Turkish truckers' association has ceased transporting goods to the U.S. military in Iraq.

          But still, some 1,500 Turkish drivers are ferrying goods to Iraq daily and several hundred others are working as contractors in Iraq.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Campaign targets violators of IPR

           

             
           

          HK celebrates with Olympic stars

           

             
           

          Nation's global investment up

           

             
           

          76 die in floods, 52 still missing

           

             
           

          Media urged to promote China-Japan ties

           

             
           

          China to invite bidding on nuclear powerplants

           

             
            Iraq tries to clear confusion on Saddam aide
             
            Russians begin burying victims of attack
             
            Frances floods Florida, leaves three dead
             
            Graham says US shielded Saudis from 9/11 links
             
            Clinton likely to have surgery Monday
             
            Strong earthquakes injure 38 in Japan
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久无码中文字幕免费影院| 久久精品A一国产成人免费网站| 精品无码午夜福利理论片| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 99精品热在线在线观看视 | 国产办公室秘书无码精品99| 亚洲精品www久久久久久| 东方四虎在线观看av| 国产a√精品区二区三区四区| 色偷偷亚洲精品一区二区| 久久精品国产99久久无毒不卡| 日本黄色三级一区二区三区 | 国产精品国产三级欧美二区| 精品国产午夜理论片不卡| 国产69精品久久久久99尤物| 天堂va蜜桃一区二区三区| 国模无吗一区二区二区视频| 色偷偷亚洲女人天堂观看| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久自慰| 在线播放亚洲成人av| 在线免费观看| 久久国产精品99久久蜜臀| 无卡无码无免费毛片| 亚洲精品成人片在线观看精品字幕 | 人妻中文字幕亚洲精品| 日日摸夜夜添夜夜添国产三级| 欧美激情一区二区久久久| 中文字幕久久久久人妻| 欧美人与动牲交A免费观看| 亚洲福利精品一区二区三区| 国产精品亚韩精品无码a在线 | 中文字幕AV无码一二三区电影| 国产精品毛片av999999| 国产成人一区二区不卡| 青草成人在线视频观看 | 丁香婷婷激情综合俺也去| 久久精品亚洲国产成人av| 国产精品自在自线视频| 蜜臀av黑人亚洲精品| 国产国产午夜福利视频| 国产成人国产在线观看|