<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq tries to clear confusion on Saddam aide
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-06 17:35

          Iraq was scrambling to confirm on Monday whether the most wanted Saddam Hussein aide still on the run had been captured, after a day of government confusion with top officials making contradictory statements.


          Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, right, talks to Saddam Hussein in an undated file photograph. [CNN/File]
          An aide to Iraq Prime Minister Iyad Allawi said a man was in custody and tests were underway to confirm whether he was Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, who was sixth on a U.S. list of the 55 most wanted members of Saddam's regime and had a $10 million price on his head. On Sunday, the Iraq Defense Ministry said Ibrahim had been seized near Tikrit, Saddam's former power base north of Baghdad.


          Two ministers of state said publicly -- one at a news conference in Kuwait -- that Ibrahim had been arrested in a bloody raid in which 150 of his supporters who tried to prevent his arrest were killed or captured by Iraqi forces.

          But Iraq's defense minister later denied the reports coming out of his own ministry, and the provincial National Guard commander in Tikrit said none of his men took part in any raid and he had no information on the reported arrest.


          An Iraqi man watches an Arabic satellite channel, distributing news of the arrest of a man believed to Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, in Baghdad on September 5, 2004. [Reuters]
          The U.S. military also said it had no knowledge of any operation to capture Ibrahim and he was not in U.S. custody.

          And Tikrit residents said there was no sign in the area that there had been a major battle with dozens killed.

          At a clinic near Tikrit where Ibrahim had reportedly been seized while seeking treatment for leukemia, medical staff said they knew nothing about such an incident.

          GOVERNMENT DISARRAY


          Iraqi citizens shout slogans against the rising insurgency in Iraq during a demonstration in Baghdad, Iraq, Monday Sept. 6, 2004.  [AP]
          The confusion among top officials raised questions about the interim government's effectiveness and cohesion. The interim government, which took over from the U.S.-led occupation administration in June, has been struggling to contain a stubborn insurgency and to tackle a hostage crisis.

          Several towns and cities in Iraq are effectively controlled by insurgents. U.S. and Iraqi forces are repeatedly targeted by guerrillas, and scores of hostages from more than two dozen countries have been seized over the last five months.

          France said on Sunday it remained hopeful two French hostages would be freed, although its foreign minister returned from a Middle East mission without securing their release.

          "We have serious reasons to believe both of them are in good health and that a favorable outcome is possible," Foreign Minister Michel Barnier told reporters after discussing the crisis with President Jacques Chirac.

          "Our top priority today remains to secure their release. Our priority is their safety," he said. "We are working hard, calmly, cautiously and discreetly."

          A statement read to reporters several hours later by a cabinet spokesman took a similar line. It said the government still believed a favorable outcome was possible and was working for the hostages' release "with confidence but great caution."

          Journalists Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot were seized on Aug. 20 by a militant group called the Islamic Army in Iraq, which demanded Paris rescind a law banning Muslim headscarves in state schools. France refused the demand.

          Al Arabiya television reported that a Turkish truck driver held by a different group had been freed after the company that employs him pledged to stop doing business in Iraq. The Turkish government confirmed Mithat Civi had been released.

          In Baghdad, several mortar rounds landed near a ministry complex in the east of the city, witnesses said. There were no immediate reports of casualties.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          IPR disputes fuelled by auto makers

           

             
           

          Floods kill 76 in China, no let-up in sight

           

             
           

          Asian political parties pledge co-operation

           

             
           

          ASEAN recognizes China as market economy

           

             
           

          Russians burying attack victims, 350 dead

           

             
           

          Toyota, partner to invest US$461m in China

           

             
            Iraq tries to clear confusion on Saddam aide
             
            Russians begin burying victims of attack
             
            Frances floods Florida, leaves three dead
             
            Graham says US shielded Saudis from 9/11 links
             
            Clinton likely to have surgery Monday
             
            Strong earthquakes injure 38 in Japan
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Iraqi govt confused on whether Saddam aide caught
             
          Saddam's top aide Ibrahim captured
             
          Alleged Iraqi 'sleeper agent' for Saddam arrested
             
          Saddam suffers from prostate infection
             
          Saddam spends time gardening, eating muffins
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人亚洲综合无码18禁h| 亚洲成av人片天堂网无码 | 黑人巨大videosjapan| 亚洲乱码精品久久久久..| 国产免费高清69式视频在线观看| 国产精品亚洲专区在线播放| 亚洲国产精品毛片在线看| 欧美精品1区2区| 国产精品久久中文字幕网| 亚洲中文字幕一区二区| 狠狠躁夜夜躁无码中文字幕 | 亚洲精品自拍区在线观看| 国内精品久久久久影院不卡| 人妻少妇偷人无码视频| 天堂va蜜桃一区二区三区| 国产精品视频午夜福利| 人妻无码中文字幕第一区| 亚洲一区在线观看青青蜜臀| 亚洲旡码欧美大片| 久久 午夜福利 张柏芝| 亚洲欧洲精品一区二区| 久久精品中文字幕极品| 国产另类ts人妖一区二区| 这里只有精品在线播放| 久久精品国产99久久6| 国产午夜在线观看视频| 亚洲欧美综合一区二区三区| 亚洲人成在线观看网站不卡| 久久中文字幕无码一区二区| 亚洲AV日韩AV永久无码电影| 久久久国产精华液| 欧美老少配性行为| 欧美精品亚洲日韩aⅴ| 国产午精品午夜福利757视频播放| 无码无套少妇毛多18pxxxx| 国产99视频精品免费专区| 欧美另类精品一区二区三区| 国产一区日韩二区三区| 少妇人妻av无码专区| 区一区二区三区中文字幕| 在线亚洲欧美日韩精品专区|