<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          100 die in Russian school siege shootout
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-03 22:50

          One hundred or more people were killed when Russian troops stormed a school Friday in a chaotic battle to free parents, teachers and children who had been held hostage for 53 hours by Chechen separatists.

          Naked children ran for safety, screaming amid machinegun fire and explosions while attack helicopters clattered overhead.


          An injured girl is carried on a stretcher in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. Commandos stormed a school Friday in southern Russia where hundreds of hostages had been held for three days, sending hostage-takers and their captives fleeing in a scene of chaos amid explosions and gunfire. [AP]

          Julian Manyon, a reporter for Britain's ITV television news, said his cameraman had seen into the gutted gymnasium of the school in Beslan, in the North Ossetia region adjoining Chechnya, after the hostage-takers left.

          "Our cameraman ... told me that in his estimation there are as many as 100 dead bodies, I am afraid, lying on the smoldering floor of the gymnasium where we know that a large number of the hostages were being held," he said. The Russian Interfax news agency reported a similar number.

          Tass news agency said there were more than 400 wounded, and agencies said at least seven people had been dead on arrival at hospital.

          Rebels fled with soldiers in pursuit.

          The authorities said events forced their hand after insisting from the outset they would not resort to violence.

          Manyon said police had told him some children had tried to escape, and that when the captors fired and chased them, the troops opened fire and the battle began. Moments earlier, authorities said they had sent a vehicle to fetch the bodies of people killed in Wednesday's seizure of the school.

          "No military action was planned. We were planning further talks," the regional head of the FSB security service, Valery Andreyev, told RTR television.

          CHAOTIC SCENES

          In the ensuing chaos, children ran from the building or were carried by soldiers. Stripped to their underwear after two days without food or drink in a stiflingly hot and crowded school, they gulped bottles of water and waited in a daze for relatives as gunfire crackled around them.

          "I smashed the window to get out," one boy with a bandaged hand told Russian television. "People were running in all directions ... They (the rebels) were shooting from the roof."

          The outcome of the siege may have repercussions for Russian President Vladimir Putin (news - web sites), who came to power in 2000 on a promise to restore order in Chechnya after years of violent rebellion and hostage-takings similar to the one in Beslan.

          Some 129 hostages and 41 rebels died when Putin sent troops to overpower Chechen rebels who had seized a Moscow theater in 2002. But the violence in the region and elsewhere in Russia has continued.

          A North Ossetian Interior Ministry source told Interfax the guerrillas, believed to number about 40, had split into three groups. About five had remained in the school while a larger group had tried to break out of the city, and others tried to flee by merging with the hostages.

          Interfax said more than 10 of the captors were killed.

          Officials had said some 500 people were being held in the school in North Ossetia, but released hostages said the number could be nearer to 1,500 people lying on top of one another in increasingly desperate conditions.

          Izvestia said 860 pupils attended School No.1. But the number of people on the campus would have been swollen by parents and relatives attending the first-day ceremony traditional in Russian schools.

          INDEPENDENCE DEMAND

          Alexander Dzasokhov, president of the province of North Ossetia, said earlier the masked gunmen had demanded an independent Chechnya, the first clear link between them and the decade-long separatist rebellion in the neighboring province.

          One unidentified woman freed Thursday told Izvestia that during the night children occasionally began to cry:

          "Then the fighters would fire in the air to restore quiet. In the morning they told us they would not give us anything more to drink because the authorities were not ready to negotiate."

          Attacks linked to Chechen separatists have surged in recent weeks as Chechnya elected a head for its pro-Moscow administration to replace an assassinated predecessor.

          Last week, suicide bombers were blamed for the near-simultaneous crash of two passenger planes in which 90 people died. This week, in central Moscow, a suicide bomber blew herself up, killing nine people.

          Russian media have speculated that the gunmen could belong to separatist forces under Magomed Yevloyev, an Ingush who is believed to have led a mass assault on Ingushetia in June.

          A representative of Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov in London repeated denials of involvement by forces loyal to him and condemned the hostage-takers.

          "This is a monstrous act ... There is no way to justify what they have done," Akhmed Zakayev, the representative, told Channel 4 news.

          Up to 16 people were believed to have been killed in the early stages of the assault.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Reporter: Up to 100 bodies seen in Russia school gym

           

             
           

          Russian commandos hunt down kidnappers

           

             
           

          President greets fruitful Olympic delegation

           

             
           

          China supports Russia against terrorism

           

             
           

          Zeng Qinghong outlines CPC's major tasks

           

             
           

          Hong Kong hopes to be Olympic venue

           

             
            100 die in Russian school siege shootout
             
            Russia hostages evacuated, commandos fighting kidnappers
             
            Reporter: Up to 100 bodies seen in Russia school gym
             
            Bloody end to Russian school siege
             
            Freed Russian hostages: 1,500 held captive
             
            UN warns Syria against interfering in Lebanon
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲香蕉网久久综合影视| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片| 大地资源高清免费观看| 夜色www国产精品资源站| 91在线精品麻豆欧美在线| 婷婷涩涩五月天综合蜜桃| 91人妻无码成人精品一区91| 色呦呦九九七七国产精品| 日本高清视频网站www| 亚洲一区成人av在线| 视频一本大道香蕉久在线播放| AV无码免费不卡在线观看| 中文字幕精品亚洲无线码二区 | 亚洲午夜无码av毛片久久| 亚洲丰满熟女一区二区v| 国产极品粉嫩学生一线天| 777奇米四色成人影视色区| 午夜福利在线观看6080| 日本成熟少妇喷浆视频| 丰满熟女人妻大乳| 老司机精品福利在线资源| 99精品人妻少妇一区| 国内视频偷拍久久伊人网| 午夜在线观看成人av| 亚洲中文字幕乱码电影| 日本高清视频网站www| 国产尤物av尤物在线观看| 日韩精品国产另类专区| 白嫩人妻精品一二三四区| 亚洲高清日韩专区精品| 免费高潮了好湿h视频| 一个人看的www片高清在线| 亚洲国产成人精品福利在线观看| 日韩综合夜夜香内射| 综合色天天久久| 国产睡熟迷奷系列网站| 日韩精品成人无码专区免费| 中文字幕国产精品资源| 亚洲熟妇中文字幕日产无码 | 亚洲熟女乱色一区二区三区| 中文字幕在线视频免费|