<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Editor: Hostages in Iraq given to group
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-09-03 11:04

          A Paris newspaper editor said there had been positive movement in the effort to free two captive French journalists Thursday, while a separate militant group in Iraq  said it had killed three Turkish captives.

          The kidnappers in Iraq have handed over the pair to an Iraqi Sunni Muslim opposition group, Jean de Belot, managing editor of Le Figaro newspaper, said on France-Info radio.

          But he stressed that their status wasn't completely clear. "We must be prudent in this kind of mixed-up situation because we know well that until the good news arrives, we can't let ourselves be absolutely reassured." He added the opposition favors the release of the hostages.

          The reports came during a day of frantic activity to win the releases, efforts that were spurred on by the passage of a deadline for the French government to revoke a ban on the wearing of Muslim headscarves in public schools that went into effect Thursday.

          A militant group calling itself "The Islamic Army of Iraq" said it had kidnapped the reporters and demanded that France lift its ban on Islamic headscarves in public schools, but the government refused.

          Charles Lambroschini, a deputy managing editor at Le Figaro, said the original kidnappers were fundamentalists and that they had handed the reporters to members of the Iraqi opposition "who favor negotiation."

          French Foreign Minister Michel Barnier was cautiously optimistic about the journalists' safety.

          "According to the indications which were given to us and we are studying at this moment with caution, Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot are alive, in good health and are being well treated," he said at a news conference in Amman, Jordan.

          Militants waging a violent 16-month insurgency in Iraq have increasingly turned to kidnapping foreigners here as part of an effort to drive out coalition forces and contractors. In the past week, militant have killed an Italian journalist and 12 Nepalese workers, while seven truckers from India, Kenya and Egypt were released after their employer paid a $500,000 ransom.

          Malbrunot, 41, reports for the daily Le Figaro and Chesnot, 37, is with Radio France International.

          Also Thursday, Secretary of State Colin Powell acknowledged that the Bush administration miscalculated the strength of the insurgency here, but said the United States would "not become faint of heart" in enforcing its Iraq policy.

          "What we have to do is to defeat this insurgency," Powell said in an interview Wednesday with Panama's TVN Channel 2. A text was released Thursday by the State Department. "Let's remember who at is causing this trouble. It's not the United States. It's not the coalition forces that are there."

          But he conceded that "it is clear we did not expect an insurgency that would be this strong."

          The Defense Department announced this week that the death toll for U.S. military personnel in Iraq since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003 was 975 and the number of wounded was approaching 7,000.

          In the other kidnap case Thursday, pan-Arab television station Al-Jazeera reported that it had received a video from a militant group in Iraq linked to al-Qaida showing the slaying of three Turkish hostages.

          The station said it had a statement claiming responsibility from Tawhid and Jihad, a group linked to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jordanian militant held responsible for a string of bombings, kidnappings and other attacks in Iraq.

          Turkey's Foreign Ministry in Ankara and the Turkish Embassy in Baghdad both said they had no information on the fate of the men.

          Al-Jazeera broadcast a segment of the video that showed the three Turkish men sitting on the floor with three masked men, two of them armed, standing behind them. It did not broadcast any footage showing the killings, nor did it say how the three were killed.

          "The time of forgiveness has gone. You have nothing left but killing and beheading," said a brief printed statement in Arabic from the captors, which Al-Jazeera showed on its screen.

          The video coincided with the discovery by Iraqi police of the bodies of two Turkish citizens and an unidentified man at a rural farm in northern Iraq. It could not immediately be confirmed whether the bodies belonged to the men in the video.

          Meanwhile, Sheik Aws al-Khafaji, the head of al-Sadr's office in the southern city of Nasiriyah, said Muqtada al-Sadr decided to lead Friday prayers himself in Kufa — his first sermon since a peace deal was brokered to end tensions in Najaf and Kufa last week.

          The rebel cleric was expected to announce "the mechanism of entering the political process" during in his sermon, al-Khafaji said.

          In the journalist's kidnappings, French Muslim envoys had earlier expressed optimism the men would be freed after meeting with leaders of an influential Sunni clerical organization with alleged ties to insurgents at a Baghdad mosque.

          "There are much more reasons to trust in a serene, very positive outcome of the situation rather than the contrary," Abdallah Zekri of the Paris Mosque said after the session.

          Using France's formidable diplomatic clout in the region, President Jacques Chirac has made good on a pledge to spare no effort to save the lives of the journalists.

          In Paris, Interior Minister Dominique de Villepin said he hoped the hostage drama would be resolved Friday, the Muslim holy day.

          "It is great moment of coming together and of prayer and I want to believe that we can hope for a happy end," he said. "The signs that we have tonight are going in the right direction."

          France has won massive support from leaders throughout the Arab world, cashing in on Paris' strong backing for the Palestinians and its anti-war stance in Iraq.

          Despite opposition among France's sizable Muslim community, Paris' effort to rein in Islamic fundamentalism with the ban on Islamic head scarves in schools passed its first test Thursday, with 240 girls showing up for the first day of class with their heads covered — five times less than last year, the Education Ministry said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President greets fruitful Olympic delegation

           

             
           

          Russian militants free 26 hostages

           

             
           

          China supports Russia against terrorism

           

             
           

          Zeng Qinghong outlines CPC's major tasks

           

             
           

          Hong Kong hopes to be Olympic venue

           

             
           

          Senior official imprisoned for corruption

           

             
            Russian militants free 26 hostages
             
            UN warns Syria against interfering in Lebanon
             
            French hostage transfer sparks release hopes
             
            Bush promises safer world, says will not relent
             
            Judge orders 470 GOP protesters released
             
            Malaysia's Anwar won appeal against Sodomy, Freed
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          French hostage transfer sparks release hopes
             
          Iraqi militants say they kill 3 Turkish hostages
             
          France presss on with Iraq hostage rescue efforts
             
          Militants in Iraq free seven truckers
             
          Protesters stone Nepal mosque after Iraq killings
             
          Iraq militants kill 12 Nepali hostages
             
          Kidnappers extend deadline for French hostages
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码国内精品人妻少妇| 国产精品久久毛片| 久久精品人人槡人妻人人玩AV| 亚洲AV成人无码久久精品四虎| 国内视频偷拍久久伊人网| 免费超爽大片黄| 成人自拍小视频在线观看| 欧美午夜成人片在线观看| 亚洲一区二区不卡av| 国产精品亚洲中文字幕| 国产精品久久久亚洲| 国产午夜美女福利短视频| 俺也去俺也去电影网| 国产免费午夜福利在线播放| 日本一区二区三区黄色网| 亚洲人成网址| 国产av黄色一区二区三区| 久久人人妻人人爽人人爽| 久久精品国产色蜜蜜麻豆| 精品人妻少妇一区二区三区 | 国产精品中文字幕二区| 大地资源网中文第一页| 亚洲国产精品一区在线看| 欧美成人精品 一区二区三区| 麻豆久久天天躁夜夜狠狠躁| 免费国产高清在线精品一区| 一区二区亚洲人妻av| 国产360激情盗摄全集| 性欧美乱熟妇xxxx白浆| 日韩人妻无码精品久久久不卡| 涩欲国产一区二区三区四区| 国产亚洲999精品AA片在线爽 | caoporen国产91在线| 99久久夜色精品国产亚洲| 久久精品国产亚洲AV高清y w| 国产精品熟女亚洲av麻豆| 国产一区二区三区美女| 色综合人人超人人超级国碰| 成人午夜视频一区二区无码| 日韩精品一二三黄色一级| 国产精品va无码一区二区|