<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Aventis accepts sweetened Sanofi bid
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-26 09:45

          Franco-German Aventis (AVEP.PA) has accepted an improved 53.7 billion euros ($63.81 billion) takeover bid from Sanofi-Synthelabo (SASY.PA) in a move creating the world's third-largest drug company, people familiar with the situation said.

          The decision by the company's board on Sunday is a snub to Switzerland's Novartis (NOVN.VX) which had been considering a rival offer but whose approaches were resisted by a French government keen to forge a national pharmaceuticals champion.

          French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin welcomed the deal, which was clinched after Sanofi improved its original stock-and-cash offer, made in January, by around 14 percent.

          "The choice of a merger between Sanofi and Aventis will allow the preservation of decision centers and jobs in France and Europe, and is in line with a strategic interest," Raffarin said in a statement.

          Company officials declined to comment on terms ahead of an official statement expected on Monday but sources said it gave Aventis shareholders more cash. The revised bid is 71 percent in shares and 29 percent in cash, against 81 and 19 percent, respectively, previously.

          The standard per share entitlement for Aventis investors will be 0.83 Sanofi share plus 20 euros in cash and the 2003 dividend, sources said.

          Sanofi had been under mounting pressure to sweeten its offer following a decision last week by Novartis, acting as a "white knight," to take up an invitation from Aventis to start merger talks.

          In the event, however, Novartis never made a formal bid submission to the Aventis board.

          The Swiss firm said it had decided not to bid following Aventis's decision to engage in discussions with Sanofi "at the strong intervention of the French government."

          INTERVENTIONIST STREAK

          That intervention may have secured France a corporate pharmaceutical giant but critics say it smacks of market interference could harm long-term investment.

          "For domestic politics this is a win for (finance) minister (Nicolas) Sarkozy but if you look at the signal it sends the markets and foreign investment I think it is not a win," said a Novartis official, who asked not be identified.

          It is not the first time Paris has intervened to encourage the creation of "national champions" able to compete with industry giants across the Atlantic.

          In the past, the government has also moved to keep foreign firms out of takeover battles in the banking and oil sectors. More recently, it has helped arrange bailouts of France Telecom (FTE.PA), engineering firm Alstom (ALSO.PA) and computer-services group Bull.

          Last Friday, the French government stepped up efforts to broker a deal between Aventis and Sanofi by calling top officials from the feuding companies to talks in Paris.

          Had Sanofi lost out to Novartis in the battle for Aventis, it could potentially have been vulnerable to takeover bids itself when a key pact between its two largest shareholders expires at the end of 2004, leaving them free to sell their stakes.

          Sanofi's offer for Aventis was widely seen as a defensive move in the face of possible interest from bigger players, such as Pfizer or Britain's GlaxoSmithKline (GSK.L).

          Aventis shares have recently traded at a substantial premium to Sanofi's original offer as investors bet Novartis would trump it or Sanofi would put more cash on the table. ($1=.8415 Euro)

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu: China to quadruple GDP by 2020 to $4 trillion

           

             
           

          Legislators to amend methods on HK issues

           

             
           

          Website loses case over MP3 downloads

           

             
           

          22 detained for fake milk products

           

             
           

          Lakers edge Rockets 92-88, lead 3-1

           

             
           

          Survey: East richer than west

           

             
            Aventis accepts sweetened Sanofi bid
             
            Karzai invites Taliban to join in Afghan poll
             
            US troops to begin patrols in Fallujah
             
            Israel plays down threat to Arafat
             
            Freed aid worker: Kidnapping a 'nightmare'
             
            Abortion supporters rally in Washington
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 色猫咪av在线网址| 亚洲最大成人免费av| 国产av一区二区三区日韩| 最新av中文字幕无码专区| 国产无遮挡无码视频在线观看| 国产综合久久99久久| 黄色一级片一区二区三区| 日韩精品一区二区在线视| 亚洲一卡2卡3卡4卡精品| 性激烈的欧美三级视频| 亚洲色大成网站WWW永久麻豆| 免费观看成年欧美1314www色| 亚洲一二区在线视频播放| 成人国产乱对白在线观看| 久久免费精品国产72精品九九| 亚洲色成人一区二区三区| 国产精品.com| 无码综合天天久久综合网| 久久综合给合久久狠狠97色| 国产精品毛片一区视频播| 女人扒开的小泬高潮喷小| 国产成人亚洲欧美二区综合| 疯狂做受XXXX高潮国产| 欧美人成精品网站播放| 久青草国产综合视频在线| 在线国产你懂的| 黑森林av导航| 日韩有码国产精品一区| 欧洲熟妇熟女久久精品综合| 国产精品伦理一区二区三| 成人无码精品免费视频在线观看 | 久久99热只有频精品6狠狠| 国产爽片一区二区三区| 开心一区二区三区激情| 女同久久精品国产99国产精品| 99精品国产在热久久无| 国产精品高清一区二区三区| 99久久精品久久久久久婷婷| 成人亚洲av免费在线| 被灌满精子的波多野结衣| 国内极度色诱视频网站|