<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Pentagon clamps down on coffin photos
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-24 10:10

          Photographs of flag-draped cases bearing American casualties from Iraq should not have been made public under a Pentagon policy prohibiting media coverage of human remains, officials said.


          Coffin of US millitary personnel are ready to be offloaded at Dover Air Force Base in Dover. [Reuters/file]
          "Quite frankly, we don't want the remains of our service members who have made the ultimate sacrifice to be the subject of any kind of attention that is unwarranted or undignified," said John Molino, a deputy undersecretary of defense.

          A Web site published dozens of photographs of American war dead arriving at the nation's largest military mortuary, prompting the Pentagon to order an information clampdown Thursday. Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Gary Keck said release of the photos appears to be in conflict with policy.

          The photographs were released last week to First Amendment activist Russ Kick, who had filed a Freedom of Information Act request to receive the images. Air Force officials initially denied the request but decided to release the photos after Kick appealed their decision.

          After Kick posted more than 350 photographs on his Web site, the Defense Department barred the further release of the photographs to media outlets.

          "They're not happy with the release of the photos," Dover Air Force base spokesman Col. Jon Anderson said.

          The photos were taken at the Dover base - home to the mortuary - and most of the images are of flag-draped cases used by the military to transport remains.

          At a rally in Dover last month, war protesters criticized President Bush for continuing the practice of previous administrations of not allowing the public or media to witness the arrival of remains at the base.

          "We need to stop hiding the deaths of our young; we need to be open about their deaths," said Jane Bright of West Hills, Calif., whose 24-year-old son, Evan Ashcraft, was killed in combat in July.

          Telephone and e-mail messages to Kick were not immediately returned Thursday.

          Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt in Baghdad told ABC's "Good Morning America" that U.S. military policy clearly states that the first persons who should be entitled to see their deceased loved ones should be family.

          "I certainly know for myself that I would not want one of my loved ones to be a public spectacle before I'd had that first opportunity to grieve in person," he said.

          The Pentagon move came a day after a cargo worker was fired by a military contractor after her photograph of flag-draped remains was published on the front page of Sunday editions of The Seattle Times.

          Tami Silicio, 50, was fired by Maytag Aircraft Corp. on Wednesday after military officials raised concerns about the photograph taken in Kuwait, said William L. Silva, Maytag president.

          Silicio took the photograph in a cargo plane about to depart from Kuwait International Airport earlier this month. She sent the photo to a stateside friend who provided it to the newspaper, which then obtained permission from Silicio to publish it.

          In a telephone interview from Kuwait, Silicio said Friday on ABC's "Good Morning America" that she agreed to the photo's publication because family members of casualties should see that the remains are treated carefully and with respect.

          "I think if the administration were more sympathetic, they would see that this is a positive thing," she said. Family members "want to see how our loved ones, how our heroes are being taking care of and how they get home."

          On NBC's "Today" on Friday, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina agreed with the policy banning photos from Dover because "there's no ceremony held; it's a caretaking event."

          But Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott of Washington, who served in the Navy during the Vietnam War, said photos of caskets coming home from Vietnam had a tremendous impact on the way Americans came to view that war.

          "As people began to see the reality of it and see the 55,000 people who were killed coming back in body bags, they became more and more upset by the war," he said. "This is not about privacy. This is about trying to keep the country from facing the reality of war."

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Two SARS cases confirmed, one died, virus from lab

           

             
           

          China condemns attack on consulate

           

             
           

          DPRK confirms severe train blast

           

             
           

          Forum to promote 'Asian family'

           

             
           

          Wu urges US to loosen export controls

           

             
           

          Charm school for government officials

           

             
            Pentagon clamps down on coffin photos
             
            US contractor fired for coffin photo
             
            U.S. lifts most sanctions against Libya
             
            U.N. to aid North Korea after train explosion
             
            Bush cautions Sharon about harming Arafat
             
            Kerry affirms support for abortion rights
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US contractor fired for coffin photo
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产爽片一区二区三区| 韩国三级+mp4| 亚洲色大成网站WWW久久 | 精品国产三级a∨在线欧美| 国产初高中生粉嫩无套第一次| 久久无码精品一一区二区三区| 亚洲精品无码成人A片九色播放| 手机看片AV永久免费| 四虎国产精品久久免费地址| 国产精品久久久久影院色| 国产精品成| 亚洲人成网线在线播放VA| 亚洲欧美一区二区成人片| 亚洲中文字幕无码专区| 一本大道无码高清| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另类| 日韩欧美国产v一区二区三区| 亚洲第一精品一二三区| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 国产成人午夜福利在线播放| 亚洲av日韩av永久无码电影| 免费一级黄色好看的国产| 2021av在线| 亚洲综合一区二区三区| 日本做受高潮好舒服视频| 亚洲av永久中文在线| 日产国产一区二区不卡| 亚洲av色图一区二区三区| 国产精品99中文字幕| 亚洲va中文字幕无码| 国产美女被遭强高潮免费一视频| 国产精品偷伦视频免费观看了| 亚洲天堂一区二区三区三州| 无码一区二区三区av在线播放| 日本污视频在线观看| 国产真实乱对白精彩久久老熟妇女| 久久精品国产久精国产果冻传媒| 成 人 免费 在线电影| 精品少妇一区二区三区视频| 日韩精品一区二区三区影院| 久久无码喷吹高潮播放不卡|