<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          U.N. to aid North Korea after train explosion
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-24 08:58

          The government in Pyongyang appealed to the United Nations Friday for help after Thursday's massive and deadly train blast in North Korea, and the United Nations said it is responding.


          A South Korean woman prays for the victims at the fence on the border with North Korea, near the demilitarized zone of Panmunjom.
          U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said that a U.N. inter-agency mission will "mobilize immediate support and assistance to the people in the afflicted area."

          The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and the World Health Organization will lead the U.N. mission to Ryongchon, site of the explosion.

          The U.S. State Department on Friday said it hasn't received any requests for aid from North Korea, but didn't rule out possible U.S. assistance once needs are identified.

          "We have been looking at the situation in North Korea," State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Friday. "We have been in touch with other governments and international organizations about what they know about the explosion and the situation."

          A spark from a live power cable touched off a deadly train explosion Thursday near North Korea's border with China, killing dozens of people and injuring hundreds more, Sweden's ambassador to North Korea said Friday, quoting North Korean officials.

          In London, Britain's Foreign Office said its ambassador to North Korea, David Slinn, had been told by government officials that "several hundred" people were killed and thousands were injured.

          Officially, the North Korean government has said fewer than 100 were killed and 1,000 to 1,200 were injured.

          The blast Thursday afternoon destroyed between 1,800 and 2,000 homes, Swedish Ambassador Paul Beijer said. A dozen public buildings were also damaged, according to figures from a team of Red Cross workers dispatched to the site.

          John Sparrow of the International Federation of the Red Cross told CNN there was "good cooperation" with the North Korean government.

          "The needs are for shelter material, medicines and food," the U.N. chief in Pyongyang, Masood Hyder said. "As a first step we are going to do a joint assessment, and we've already started to move forward stocks to initiate a response."

          Eigil Sorensen, the World Health Organization's representative to North Korea, said the blast had created "a major disaster."

          "We have quite considerable amount of medical supplies and equipment in the country, which is part of the WHO support for strengthening health services," Sorensen said, "and what we are doing now is relocating some of the supplies and equipment to the disaster site."

          The explosion occurred at a train station that serves as a transportation hub for trade between China and North Korea. It is unclear how much damage might have been done to the facilities.

          Beijer said the accident occurred at Ryongchon's rail yard while workers were moving two freight cars carrying explosives slated for canal construction and they came in contact with a live electrical wire.

          Beijer also said that "all indications are that it was simply an accident. A very bad one."

          That account contradicted earlier reports form South Korea's unification ministry, Jeong Se-Hyun, and South Korea's Yonhap News Agency that the accident was a collision.

          South Korean Unification Minister Jeong Se-hyun said although South Korea has not officially communicated with North Korea, Seoul is prepared to offer any aid it can to the reclusive communist country.

          Beijer and Slinn said they would travel to the accident site in Ryongchon on Saturday.

          Ryongchon is a sparsely populated area northwest of the North Korean capital Pyongyang and about 50 kilometers (31 miles) south of the country's border with China.

          The blast happened nine hours after North Korean leader Kim Jong Il passed through the station, en route to Pyongyang after a recent visit to China, Yonhap reported.

          Kim only travels by train and all rail traffic would have been shut down in the area for several hours before and after he passed through.(Kim's secret trip)

          "Because the blast occurred long after Kim passed we just think it is purely an accident," a source from South Korea's National Intelligence Service told Reuters.

          China's embassy in North Korea confirmed two Chinese nationals were killed and 12 injured in the explosion, according to China's state-run Xinhua News Agency.

          The force of the explosion destroyed more than 20 Chinese residential houses in the vicinity of the blast, Xinhua reported.

          Many of the victims were taken to hospitals in the nearby Chinese city of Dandong and other areas, officials told Yonhap.

          CNN's senior Asia correspondent Mike Chinoy said the country's poor health care system and lack of rapid response teams will make treating a high number of casualties very difficult.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Two SARS cases confirmed, one died, virus from lab

           

             
           

          China condemns attack on consulate

           

             
           

          Train blast in DPRK kills 54, injures 1,249

           

             
           

          Forum to promote 'Asian family'

           

             
           

          Wu urges US to loosen export controls

           

             
           

          Charm school for government officials

           

             
            U.N. to aid North Korea after train explosion
             
            Bush cautions Sharon about harming Arafat
             
            Kerry affirms support for abortion rights
             
            Train crash kills many, includng 2 Chinese
             
            Official: Iraqi government won't include legislature
             
            US Congress OKs speedy elections if attacked
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Train crash kills many, includng 2 Chinese
             
          Japan: North Korea ready to abandon nukes
             
          US says N.Korea atomic program more advanced
             
          Six-party talks to be held Feb. 25
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久久久久久一线毛片| 日99久9在线 | 免费| 国产高清无遮挡内容丰富| 人妻熟女一区二区aⅴ| 人妻系列无码专区无码专区 | 潘金莲高清dvd碟片| 麻豆人妻| 无码小电影在线观看网站免费| 欧美日本国产va高清cabal| 国产毛片三区二区一区| 欧美成年性h版影视中文字幕| 97久久综合亚洲色hezyo| 久久精品99国产精品日本| 中文字幕亚洲资源网久久| 国产成人毛片无码视频软件| 国产成人亚洲综合图区| 2020国产激情视频在线观看| 国产区精品福利在线观看精品| 久草国产视频| 亚洲18禁一区二区三区| 日本新japanese乱熟| 欧美xxxx新一区二区三区| 人妻丰满熟妞av无码区| 爱性久久久久久久久| 亚洲AV无码专区色爱天堂老鸭窝| 亚洲欧美国产另类首页| 亚洲日本精品国产第一区| 亚洲乱码中文字幕综合234| 天天爽天天爽天天爽| 中文日韩在线一区二区| 国产精品亚洲五月天高清| 日本一本无道码日韩精品| 国产成人不卡一区二区| 日韩中文字幕一区二区不卡| 亚洲国产精品日韩在线| 亚洲影院丰满少妇中文字幕无码| 91中文字幕一区在线| 国产亚洲欧洲aⅴ综合一区| 婷婷六月色| 日韩精品视频一二三四区| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V在线观看|