<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Britons upset by showing of Diana photos
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-23 09:07

          Britain's Princess Diana's brother said Thursday he was "sickened" that the CBS had broadcast photos of the princess as she lay dying after a car accident — the first time a major media outlet has published pictures of the injured princess.

          Britain's Princess Diana was killed in a high-speed car wreck in Paris in 1997. [AP] 
          The British press expressed front-page outrage, while Prime Minister Tony Blair called the broadcast of the grainy black-and-white images "distasteful."

          Wednesday's "48 Hours Investigates" briefly showed two pictures taken by paparazzi at the scene of the Aug, 31, 1997, accident in Paris. Diana died hours later. Her companion, Dodi Fayed, and chauffeur Henri Paul also were killed.

          The network insisted the pictures — which showed an unconscious Diana being treated by a doctor as she lay slumped in the back of a car in the Alma road tunnel — were not graphic or exploitative.

          The pictures were shown in context of an interview with the doctor who first treated Diana at the scene, and illustrated his comments about her condition at the time, CBS spokeswoman Sandra Genelius said.

          A photo of Diana is left by a mourner on the gates of Kensington Palace, August 31, 2002.  [Reuters]
          She noted that the broadcast has not been seen outside the United States.

          "We stand by the report," she said Thursday.

          Britain's muckraking tabloid press, which has refrained from publishing similar photos since Diana's death in 1997, expressed anger at what The Sun called the "horrific pictures." The more restrained broadsheet Guardian said CBS had decided to "plumb new depths of prurience in the Princess Diana industry."

          The office of Diana's former husband, Prince Charles, and her two sons, declined to comment. But royal-watchers expressed concern for the princess' sons William, 21 and Harry, 19.

          "I think everyone finds it distasteful that there are pictures that can cause distress to the family," Blair told reporters at his monthly news conference.

          "It's going to be painful for William and Harry," former Buckingham Palace spokesman Dickie Arbiter told British Broadcasting Corp. radio. "They're young men now. They're going to have to live with it for the rest of their lives."

          A brief statement released on behalf of Diana's brother said "Lord Spencer and his family are shocked and sickened by CBS' actions."

          Dodi Fayed's father, Mohamed al Fayed, said CBS had behaved in "disgraceful and insensitive" manner.

          CBS doesn't care "about the appalling effect of showing images of murder victims," said Fayed, who has long insisted that Diana and his son were murdered. A lengthy French investigation concluded the crash was an accident caused by drunk and speeding driver Paul.

          CBS said the pictures were included in a confidential French investigators' file on the accident. No major media outlet had previously run pictures of the injured princess, although several are believed to have been offered for sale.

          Fayed also released a letter from his lawyer, Frederic Gaines, asking CBS News President Andrew Heyward not to broadcast the "heart wrenching photographs and descriptions."

          "We cannot imagine that CBS News would want to be the first enterprise to breach the collective understanding of the media, based upon good taste, propriety, decency and sympathy," said the letter, dated Wednesday.

          British newspapers gave the story prominent coverage Thursday.

          "Fury at TV photo of dying Diana," said the Daily Mail.

          "US TV shows Diana dying," ran a front-page headline in The Daily Mirror. In an editorial, the newspaper said showing the "vile images" had been "horribly offensive."

          Ken Wharfe, a former Diana bodyguard who was interviewed for the CBS program, said the use of the photos was "regrettable."

          "I do not think it is good journalism and it is certainly not going to demonstrate any more than we know already," he told Britain's ITV television.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Beijing reports suspected SARS case, China on alert

           

             
           

          N.Korea blast kills 54, injures 1,249

           

             
           

          Japanese vehicle rams Chinese consulate

           

             
           

          US urged to relax control on exports to China

           

             
           

          Alleged collegiate killer goes on trial

           

             
           

          Milk found bad in dead infant case

           

             
            Train crash kills many, includng 2 Chinese
             
            Official: Iraqi government won't include legislature
             
            US Congress OKs speedy elections if attacked
             
            Fire engulfs slum in Thai capital
             
            Arafat expels 20 militants from compound
             
            Brazil prison riot ends, nine killed
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          CBS to show photos of Diana at crash scene
             
          BBC slammed for rap claiming royals killed Diana
             
          Coroner: Diana not pregnant at death
             
          Secret Diana tapes being aired
             
          Six years after death, Diana still haunts royals
             
          UK to hold inquest into death of Princess Diana
             
          Diana was pregnant when she died: French police
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码人妻久久一区二区三区app| 国产小嫩模无套中出| 亚洲精品国产av成拍色拍个| 诱人的老师hd中文字幕| 国产啪在线91| 国产成人午夜福利院| 秋霞电影网久久久精品| 国产一区二区三区导航| 久久精品国产最新地址| 成人午夜污一区二区三区| 99久久精品久久久久久婷婷| 成年午夜免费韩国做受视频| 日韩欧美精品suv| 99久热在线精品视频| 四虎国产精品免费久久久| 亚洲熟妇夜夜一区二区三区| 真人无码作爱免费视频| 国产一区二区不卡老阿姨| 国产一区二区三区黄色片| 日本高清免费毛片久久| 国产91成人亚洲综合在线| 福利一区二区不卡国产| 少妇人妻av毛片在线看| 伊大人香蕉久久网欧美| 国产稚嫩高中生呻吟激情在线视频| 在线国产你懂的| 日韩蜜桃AV无码中文字幕不卡高清一区二区| 人妻少妇邻居少妇好多水在线 | 国产精品成人中文字幕| 疯狂的欧美乱大交另类| 九九热免费精品视频在线| 搡老女人老妇女老熟妇69| 国产精品激情av在线播放| 日韩精品国产另类专区| 风流老熟女一区二区三区| 久久综合国产色美利坚| 久久精品亚洲国产综合色| 免费人成在线观看网站| 亚洲成av人在线播放无码 | 国产在线码观看超清无码视频| 久久国产精品成人影院|