<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>Sports
                   
           

          Bryant defense barred from medical records
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-22 09:27

          The judge in the Kobe Bryant case dealt a blow to the defense Wednesday, barring access to the medical records of the 19-year-old woman accusing the NBA star of rape.

          Judge Terry Ruckriegle said no witness during three hearings had convinced him that the woman had waived her confidentiality rights by telling others about her medical conditions and treatment.

          Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant, left, tries to keep the ball away from Houston Rockets' Steve Francis during Game 2 of the first-round NBA Western Conference Playoffs, Monday, April 19, 2004, in Los Angeles. The Lakers won 98-84.  [AP]
          Ruckriegle also threw out defense subpoenas seeking records from three health care providers.

          Bryant faces four years to life in prison or 20 years to life on probation if convicted of felony sexual assault. The Los Angeles Lakers star has said he had consensual sex with the woman last summer at the Vail-area resort where she worked.

          The judge acknowledged the woman had discussed her conditions and treatment in general terms with friends and relatives, but said he believed it was clear she had no intent to waive confidentiality.

          "The victim never revealed the specific nature of her medical treatment, the substance of her conversations with the medical providers nor other confidential details of her condition and medical treatment," the judge wrote.

          Ruckriegle also rejected defense arguments that the woman waived privacy rights by talking with Eagle County sheriff's Detective Doug Winters, who interviewed her shortly after the alleged assault.

          The woman's attorney, John Clune, declined to comment. Defense attorney Hal Haddon did not return a call, and prosecution spokeswoman Krista Flannigan said only that prosecutors were pleased.

          Bryant's attorneys have said in court filings they believe the woman's medical records could undermine her credibility and demonstrate she had a "scheme" to falsely accuse the Lakers star. They say she twice attempted suicide in the months before meeting Bryant, and had been prescribed anti-depressant and anti-psychotic drugs.

          Prosecutors have argued that none of the information contained in her medical records is relevant to whether she consented to sex with Bryant.

          Analysts said the ruling was not surprising, considering strong state laws protecting confidentiality and a 2002 Colorado Supreme Court ruling that told judges they cannot review medical records — even behind closed doors — without consent.

          "This is definitely an important victory for people who get medical treatment that don't want to lose the privilege just because they've decided to talk to other people or confide in family and friends for support," said Karen Steinhauser, a former prosecutor and visiting professor at the University of Denver law school.

          Larry Pozner, past president of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, said the defense still can seek testimony from people who have direct knowledge about the woman's purported suicide attempts and prescription drug use.

          "The defense has a bathtub full of evidence on her suicide attempts that is not in the medical records — it's just plain old-fashioned (eyewitness) testimony," Pozner said.

           
            Today's Top News     Top Sports News
           

          North Korea's Kim agrees to push forward 6-party talks

           

             
           

          Kelly: Take Beijing's resolve seriously

           

             
           

          Sino-Russian military ties deepened

           

             
           

          Fake milk powder wholesale dealers detained

           

             
           

          FBI boss sees US-Sino collaboration

           

             
           

          Tranquilizers fed to baby girl by nurse

           

             
            Bryant defense barred from medical records
             
            Grizzlies' Brown named NBA Coach of Year
             
            Maradona stays on respirator in hospital
             
            UEFA lifts soccer game ban against Israel
             
            Kings roll past Mavericks 83-79 in Game 2
             
            James easily wins NBA Rookie of the Year
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bryant prosecutors want records private
             
          Judge OKs questioning of Bryant accuser
             
          Bryant's accuser had consensual sex prior
             
          Judge sets hearing in Bryant case
             
          Bryant to become free agent this summer
             
          Bryant attorneys hit rape shield law
             
          Bryant loses McDonald's endorsement deal
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久综合激情网| 亚洲熟妇色xxxxx亚洲| 国产欧美日韩亚洲一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品不卡毛片a在线| 色av专区无码影音先锋| 狠狠色综合播放一区二区| 日本大香伊一区二区三区| 国产日韩av二区三区| 老司机久久99久久精品播放免费| 亚洲欧洲一区二区天堂久久| 久久国产精品老女人| 妓女妓女一区二区三区在线观看 | 伊人久久大香线蕉AV网| 国产伦精品一区二区亚洲| 野花在线观看免费观看高清| 亚洲第一无码专区天堂| 欧美亚洲另类 丝袜综合网| 欧美一区二区人人喊爽| 久久精品久久电影免费理论片| ā片在线观看免费观看| 久久夜色精品国产噜噜亚洲sv| 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 色道久久综合亚洲精品蜜桃| 日本高清视频网站www| 久久av无码精品人妻出轨| 吃奶还摸下面动态图gif| 午夜精品视频在线看| 国产成人精品亚洲日本在线观看 | 2021最新国产在线人成| 国产一区二区午夜福利久久| 国产太嫩了在线观看| av色蜜桃一区二区三区| 亚洲国产成人字幕久久| 国产精品国产三级国产试看 | 免费无码肉片在线观看| 99久久er热在这里只有精品99| a午夜国产一级黄片| 国产尤物精品自在拍视频首页| 在线 欧美 中文 亚洲 精品| 亚洲国产精品综合色在线| 久久精品www人人做人人爽|