<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US soldier shown captive on videotape
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-17 08:55

          A videotape showing a uniformed man who identifies himself as a missing U.S. soldier was broadcast Friday on the Arabic-language television network Al-Jazeera.

          A uniformed man who identified himself as Pfc. Keith Matthew Maupin is shown on a videotape broadcast April 16, 2004 by Al-Jazeera.  [AP]
          The tape shows six men -- four holding rifles and one with a pistol -- standing behind a man seated on the ground and wearing a U.S. Army uniform, who gives his name as Keith Matthew Maupin.

          The man, who does not appear to have shaved in several days, wears a camouflage hat in the video.

          "We have taken one of the U.S. soldiers hostage," the narrator said.

          "He is in good health and being treated based on the tenets of Islamic law for the treatment of soldiers taken hostage. We will keep him until we trade him for our prisoners in the custody of the U.S. enemy. We want them to know -- and the whole world to know -- that when we took him in, he came out of his tank holding a white flag and he lay face down on the ground, just like other soldiers."

          U.S. Central Command spokesman Capt. Bruce Frame said Maupin is one of two U.S. soldiers unaccounted for since last Friday, when their fuel convoy came under attack by rocket-propelled grenades and small-arms fire near Baghdad.

          The poor-quality tape aired by Al Jazeera shows a white male identifying himself as Pfc. Keith Matthew Maupin dressed in military fatigues sitting on the floor surrounded by masked gunmen April 16, 2004.  [Reuters]
          Another tape was dropped off Friday at the U.S. Embassy in Doha, Qatar, and then turned over to Central Command in Doha, where officials were trying to verify its authenticity, Frame said.

          Also missing since the attack is Sgt. Elmer Krause, 40, of Greensboro, North Carolina. Both he and Maupin, 20, of Batavia, Ohio, were with the Army's 724th Transportation Company out of Bartonsville, Illinois, and are listed as "duty-status whereabouts unknown" by the military.

          Seven civilian contractors of the Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg, Brown & Root are also missing since the fuel convoy attack.

          The only one publicly identified as having been kidnapped is Thomas Hamill, a truck driver from Macon, Mississippi.

          Hamill was shown on a separate videotape last week in which his captors said they would kill him if the United States did not withdraw its troops from the Sunni-majority city of Fallujah. The deadline to meet demands from his captors has passed.

          Family, friends and supporters of Maupin -- who goes by the name Matt -- planned to rally in his support Friday night in Batavia.

          The rally was scheduled before the videotape was broadcast.

          Fallujah meeting goes well

          A meeting Friday between representatives of the U.S.-led coalition and leaders from the Sunni Muslim stronghold of Fallujah went well and will resume Saturday, spokesmen for the two sides said.

          Friday was the first day U.S. military and coalition officials entered into talks with Fallujah authorities for a comprehensive cease-fire.

          Insurgent assaults in Fallujah, including the killing and mutilation of four U.S. security contractors March 31, spurred the Marines to launch an offensive against the resistance.

          Hashem al-Hassani, deputy chief of the Iraqi Islamic Party, said residents want Fallujah to return to peace and normalcy, saying they are tired of the violent instability. He said the people of Fallujah are willing to reject criminal elements.

          Richard Jones, a Coalition Provisional Authority representative, said the coalition has agreed to reposition some of its forces to enable vehicle access to the general hospital in Fallujah. He said there is some contact between authorities and the insurgents, and said the resistance is loosely organized.

          Al-Hassani said they want to start collecting heavy weapons from the insurgents and want to bring back to the city some elements of the Iraqi Civil Defense Corps and the Iraqi police.

          Jones warned that "time is limited" for the discussions.

          "We cannot just sit here and allow the situation to continue the way it is. There are literally tens of thousands of innocent people who are bottled up in the city and we don't want them to continue to be held hostage by these terrorists and militant groups."

          Al-Sistani: 'Horrible tactics' in Fallujah

          Also Friday, the most influential Shiite cleric in Iraq slammed the behavior of U.S.-led coalition forces in Fallujah and in the Shiite town of Najaf, saying the "occupation forces" have used "horrible tactics" throughout the country.

          "The attacks have been ongoing for several days throughout a number of cities such as Baghdad and a number of provinces in the north, south, east and west where we have had a great number of civilian deaths," Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani said in a statement.

          Supporters of Pfc. Maupin applaud during a rally in his home town of Batavia, Ohio, Friday.

          "Other unfortunate incidents include ... a number of government centers and institutions have been looted and pillaged while others were seized by some armed groups, a thing that has created a state of chaos and security disorder in a number of towns and the situation is going from bad to worse."

          The ayatollah condemned the coalition's "horrible tactics" and "the means used by the occupation forces in handling the incidents."

          He urged that differences be handled by "political and social forces" with "wisdom and through peaceful means" while shunning moves that would generate "more chaos and bloodshed."

          Shiite Arabs comprise 60 percent of the country's population, giving the ayatollah's pronouncements high importance.

          Meanwhile in Washington, British Prime Minister Tony Blair said the United States and Great Britain will seek a U.N. resolution on Iraq, focusing on the handover of civil authority to Iraqis that is scheduled for June 30.

          "The U.N. will have a central role as now in developing the programs and machinery" that will transform Iraq into a democracy, he said during a Rose Garden news conference after a meeting with U.S. President Bush.

          The United Nations issued a news release saying U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan agreed with the idea Thursday night during a meeting with Blair.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China's anti-doping efforts lauded

           

             
           

          Hamas leader killed in Israeli strike

           

             
           

          Air price hike souring holiday travel mood

           

             
           

          "Social corruption" warrants tighter law

           

             
           

          Koreans bring JV hospital to China

           

             
           

          Clean-up underway after 150,000 flee gas leak

           

             
            Hamas leader killed in Israeli strike
             
            3 UN police die in Kosovo jail shootout
             
            Two Japanese hostages freed in Iraq, Falluja calm
             
            U.S. closes two highways into Baghdad
             
            EU defuses tension with US over Mideast
             
            US soldier shown captive on videotape
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bush, Blair affirm June 30 Iraq handover
             
          AP: Freed hostage tells of humiliations
             
          Rumsfeld: Iraq toll higher than expected
             
          3 Japanese hostages freed; Iranian killed
             
          UN envoy wants new Iraq caretaker gov't
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 四虎精品国产永久在线观看| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放| 亚洲av二区国产精品| 国模少妇无码一区二区三区| 青青热在线精品视频免费观看| 国产国语一级毛片在线视频| 国精偷拍一区二区三区| 国产香蕉在线视频| 亚洲中文字幕在线二页| 精品国产v一区二区三区| 亚洲熟女乱综合一区二区| 国产国拍精品av在线观看| 一 级做人爱全视频在线看| 国产精品一区二区久久精品无码 | 亚洲精品国产精品不乱码| 中文有无人妻VS无码人妻激烈 | 成人免费无码大片A毛片抽搐色欲 成人啪精品视频网站午夜 | 国产精品视频亚洲二区| 亚洲乱码中文字幕小综合| 国产精品综合一区二区三区| 国产精品久久久久鬼色| 国产精品久久久久久久久软件| 久久精品人人做人人爽97| 国产乱人伦AV在线麻豆A| 草草网站影院白丝内射| 亚洲色成人一区二区三区人人澡人人妻人人爽人人蜜桃麻豆 | 亚洲av激情久久精品人| 亚洲中文在线精品国产| 不卡一区二区三区在线视频| 欧美一区二区三区成人久久片| 成人国产av精品免费网| 69精品丰满人妻无码视频a片| 久久99久久99精品免视看国产成人| 亚洲欧美人成电影在线观看| 无码AV中文字幕久久专区| 亚洲欧美精品在线| japanese人妻中文字幕| 国产精品亚洲一区二区三区喷水| 老太大性另类xxxⅹ| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放 | 黑人巨大亚洲一区二区久|