<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Jordan: Unprecedented terror attack thwarted
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-04-14 09:06

          The arrest of a suspected terror group in Jordan thwarted an unprecedented attack that could have killed thousands of civilians, Jordan's King Abdullah II said.


          Jordan's King Abdullah II speaks to the press. [AFP]
          The king said the country had "lived through an extremely delicate situation in recent days... but divine protection has thwarted the plans of these criminals and saved the lives of thousands of civilians in what would have been a crime never before seen in the kingdom."

          He was speaking in a letter written to the head of Jordan's intelligence services, General Saad Khair, which was made public.

          The Jordanian authorities have carried out a series of arrests of suspected terrorists in the past two weeks, and as recently as Monday the government spokeswoman said one suspect was still being sought.

          But the king said Tuesday all the members of the group had been arrested, without saying what the suspects were targeting.

          He said his assessment of the magnitude of the threat was based on the "quantity of explosives found" in cars that had been seized, as well as the "manner in which the terror operation was to be carried out and the choice of civilian targets."

          In a published reply to the king, General Khair said the members of the group "were using religion as a pretext, while they were far from religion."

          He added that they wanted to "attack Jordan's national role of defending all Arab issues, particular Arab rights in Palestine."

          A government statement last Saturday said the authorities had intercepted "cars loaded with weapons and explosives... and arrested a group of suspects", thwarting several attacks.

          A security official also said they had "succeeded in averting terrorist attacks which targeted the security of the state" but that the operation was continuing to ensure there were no loose ends.

          "The terrorist operation has been aborted and it can no longer take place because all the information concerning it have been unraveled by the security forces," spokeswoman Asma Khodr said.

          She said that further details will be made public "once the investigation is completed".

          Last week, the government said suspects who had been arrested had intended to carry out several attacks in the kingdom, including one on the US embassy.

          US State Department officials confirmed Jordanian authorities had thwarted a plot by Al-Qaeda members to hit the embassy and said the plot was discovered after the arrests.

          News of the plot was made public the day Jordan's state security court sentenced Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi and seven others to death at an in-absentia trial for the 2002 murder of US diplomat Laurence Foley in Amman.

          US officials charge that the fugitive Jordanian Islamist is now in Iraq (news - web sites), where he heads Al-Qaeda operations.

          In Washington, the State Department reissued Tuesday a security advisory for American citizens in Jordan initially released on April 5, which told them to "maintain a high level of vigilance, take appropriate steps to safeguard their security and increase their security awareness."

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Cheney: US does not support Taiwan independence

           

             
           

          4 US contractors killed, mutilated in Iraq

           

             
           

          Bush vows US will finish job in Iraq

           

             
           

          HIV/AIDS sufferers can receive free therapy

           

             
           

          Grain production, farmers' income vital

           

             
           

          Beijing now nation's 'most wired'

           

             
            Bush vows US will finish job in Iraq
             
            Milosevic wants Blair, Clinton as witnesses
             
            4 US contractors killed, mutilated in Iraq
             
            FBI, Justice Dept. facing 9/11 panel
             
            4 Italian abducted, Chinese hostages freed
             
            Sharon details more of withdrawal plan
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            3 Japanese taken hostage in Iraq  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产一区二区三区啪| 亚洲69视频| 国产偷国产偷高清精品| 日韩精品一区二区亚洲专区 | 中文字幕国产精品一二区| 亚洲真人无码永久在线| 精品乱码一区二区三四五区| 日韩东京热一区二区三区| 国产色无码专区在线观看| 18禁亚洲一区二区三区| 极品人妻少妇一区二区 | 黄瓜一区二区三区自拍视频| 实拍女处破www免费看| 人妻av中文字幕无码专区| 丰满人妻跪趴高撅肥臀| 无码内射中文字幕岛国片 | 国产精品免费看久久久麻豆 | 国产午夜精品理论大片| 在线精品一区二区三区视频| 久久夜色精品国产噜噜亚洲sv| 老湿机香蕉久久久久久| 国产在线乱子伦一区二区| 国产精品视频一区二区亚瑟| 精品无码一区二区三区爱欲| 偷窥国产亚洲免费视频| 中国明星xxxx性裸交| 被拉到野外强要好爽| 四虎永久在线精品国产馆v视影院| 亚洲精品日韩精品久久| 奇米网777狠狠狠俺| 亚洲国产成人av在线观看| 色呦呦 国产精品| 国产chinese男男gaygay网站| 亚洲AVAV天堂AV在线网阿V| 国产69精品久久久久久人妻精品| 一本精品99久久精品77| 久久国产劲暴∨内射新川| 岛国中文字幕一区二区| AV在线不卡观看免费观看| 欧美白妞大战非洲大炮| 久久精品亚洲乱码伦伦中文|