<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Fighting follows Afghan minister's killing
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-03-22 08:44

          Soldiers loyal to a local commander shot and killed Afghanistan's aviation minister Sunday in the western city of Herat, setting off factional fighting with guns and tanks in which as many as 100 people died, the commander said.

          Mirwais Sadiq participates in a ceremony in Kabul, Afghanistan, in August 2002. [AP]
          In Kabul, Defense Minister Mohammed Fahim demanded an immediate cease-fire, and ordered newly US-trained Afghan National Army soldiers deployed from the capital to try to calm the city.

          The orders followed an emergency session of security chiefs of President Hamid Karzai's shaky US-allied government, rocked by Sunday's killing of Mirwais Sadiq. He was the third top Karzai official and second aviation minister to die violently in office.

          Presidential spokesman Khaleeq Ahmed said only that Sadiq — son of Herat's powerful governor, Ismail Khan — had been shot in his car in unclear circumstances.

          However, a top Herat military commander, Zaher Naib Zada, told AP by telephone Sunday night that his forces killed Sadiq in a confrontation after the minister went to Zada's home to fire him.

          Afterward, Zada's forces and soldiers loyal to Sadiq opened battle with machine guns, tanks and rockets for control of his division's military barracks.

          Mursal, 15, right, listens to the speech of the Afghan President Karzai, during a ceremony for the opening of school across the country this year, Sunday March 21, 2004 in Kabul, Afghanistan.   [AP]
          The commander said between 50 and 100 soldiers were killed in the first hours of the ongoing battle, and that by early Monday, he was holding out with 700 men at the barracks against what he claimed were 3,000 fighters loyal to Sadiq.

          "We are fighting at close range, with AK-47s and grenades," the militia commander said.

          Aid workers, also reached by telephone, reported gunfire and heavy explosions and said they had been ordered to stay indoors. U.N. workers scrambled into a bunker at their headquarters.

          A police officer, Fahim, reached by telephone at the main police station, gave a different account from Zada's, saying Sadiq had gone to the residence to ask Zada about the killing of three civilians by his forces two days earlier.

          Higher officials in Khan's provincial government could not be reached for comment.

          Karzai's defense and interior ministers were preparing to travel to Herat to try to determine the circumstances of the killing, and the battles that followed, said the spokesman, Ahmed.

          US forces at an American base in the city manned defensive positions within their post, military spokesman Lt. Col. Bryan Hilferty said in Kabul.

          Hilferty called the fighting an "internal" matter and said he knew of no American plans to intervene. The post holds fewer than 100 Americans, he said.

          The president, who himself escaped a 2002 attempt on his life, said in a brief statement from Kabul that he was "deeply shocked" by the killing and offered condolences to the Herat governor. Sadiq was widely viewed as his father's representative in Karzai's government.

          Ismail Khan is a former anti-Soviet commander who runs a large private army and has had firm control over Herat since the fall of the Taliban in late 2001. But there have been persistent tensions — and occasional factional fighting — between his men and those loyal to rival warlords.

          State television reported that Khan had escaped a separate attack Sunday without injury. Ahmed and other officials said there had been no attack on Khan, however.

          Karzai's first civil aviation minister, Abdul Rahman, was assassinated Feb. 14, 2002, at Kabul's airport, in circumstances that remain unclear. Gunmen shot and killed Vice President Abdul Qadir in the capital on July 6, 2002.

          Both of those killings remain unsolved.

          Karzai has been constantly shadowed by Afghan and American bodyguards armed with automatic weapons since a September 2002 assassination attempt in the southern city of Kandahar. Three people, including the gunman, died in that attack.

          Karzai's government includes an uneasy alliance of former warlords who had joined forces to help the United States rout the former Taliban government. His government still is trying to assert control nationwide, including over Herat and its customs revenue as a major port of entry on the Iranian border.

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Office: Beijing watches Taiwan developments closely

           

             
           

          State tightens farmland protection

           

             
           

          Doctor starts 49-day fast to test TCM regimen

           

             
           

          Fighting follows Afghan minister's killing

           

             
           

          China values military ties with neighbors

           

             
           

          Dads ask: 'Is this my child?'

           

             
            Al-Qaeda's No 2 claims to have nukes
             
            100 die in violence as Afghan minister assassinated
             
            Big win gives Malaysia's Abdullah mandate for change
             
            Attacks kill two GIs, two Iraqi civilians
             
            Fastest runner in Iraq brings Olympic hope
             
            Global protests rally against Iraq war
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US attacks resume: Pentagon official
             
          France: Bin Laden nearly caught in Afghanistan
             
          US sets 'terrible example' in Afghanistan
             
          Human Rights Watch claims US abuses in Afghanistan
             
          Karzai: US airstrike killed 10 Afghans
            News Talk  
            The Human Rights Record of the United States in 2003  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 依依成人精品视频在线观看| 欧美黑人大战白嫩在线| 日本国产精品第一页久久| 欧美videosdesexo吹潮| 亚洲国产精品自产拍久久| 色哟哟www网站入口成人学校| 亚洲顶级裸体av片| 日本高清在线观看WWW色| gogogo高清在线播放免费| 99久久免费国产精品| 国产美女高潮流白浆视频| free性开放小少妇| 极品无码国模国产在线观看| 中文字幕V亚洲日本在线电影| 又色又爽又黄又无遮挡的网站| 特级做a爰片毛片免费看无码| 精品久久久久久中文字幕2017 | 99久久国产综合精品女同| 韩国三级+mp4| 欧美中文字幕在线看| 国产成人自拍小视频在线| 国产精品小仙女自拍视频| 国产精品色内内在线播放| 亚洲av成人区国产精品| 中文国产不卡一区二区| 18禁成人黄网站免费观看久久| 免费无码又爽又刺激成人| 四虎国产精品成人免费久久| 免费视频一区二区三区亚洲激情| 成人无套少萝内射中出| 线观看的国产成人av天堂| 国产成人av电影在线观看第一页| 99视频精品全部免费 在线| 91精品国产综合久蜜臀| 成年黄页网站大全免费无码| 午夜免费福利小电影| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AV漫画| 九九久久人妻精品一区色| 国语自产精品视频在线看| 性国产vⅰdeosfree高清| 伊人久久大香线蕉AV网禁呦|