<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          White House made public Bush's war record
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2004-02-11 14:55

          The White House, trying to end doubts about U.S. President Bush's Viet Nam-era military record, released documents Tuesday that it said proved he had "met his requirements" in the Texas Air National Guard despite long, unexplained gaps in his service.


          George W. Bush is shown during his time in the Texas Air National Guard, 1968-73, in this undated photo. [AP Photo]
          "These documents outline the days on which he was paid. That means he served," said Bush spokesman Scott McClellan. However, Democrats were dismissive of the newly released records.

          "The handful of documents released today by the White House creates more questions than answers," said Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe.

          McAuliffe had helped reignite the story earlier this month when he charged Bush had gone "AWOL." With Viet Nam War veteran John Kerry emerging as the Democratic presidential front-runner, Democrats have been trying to stoke longstanding questions about Bush's service in the Guard during the war.

          Bush joined in 1968, and spent most of his service time based near Houston. But in May 1972 he requested and received a temporary assignment with the Alabama National Guard so he could serve as political director on the Senate campaign of Winton "Red" Blount, a family friend. Bush says he recalls showing up for drills in Alabama, but his supporters have struggled to prove it.

          Bush was not paid for any service during a five-month period in 1972, from May through September, according to the records released with Bush's approval Tuesday.

          He was paid for two days in October and four days in November and none in December 1972. He was not paid for February or March 1973. The records do not indicate what duty Bush performed or where he was.

          Nevertheless, spokesman McClellan repeatedly held up the 13-page packet his office had released, and he declared in his televised briefing, "I think these documents show that he fulfilled his duties."

          At the same time, White House officials were careful to stop short of claiming that the records proved definitively that Bush had shown up for all the Guard duties he was expected to.

          Indeed, the payroll documents and annual service "point summaries" could throw new fuel onto a story the White House wants to quench this election year.

          McClellan expressed a note of frustration at the persistent questions on the matter. "It just kind of amazes me that some will now say they want more information after the payroll records and the point summaries have all been released."

          "Now people are trying to move the goal post even more," he said, adding that White House officials smelled politics. "It's just really a shame that people are continuing to bring this up."

          Kerry stayed silent on the subject Tuesday.

          "I just don't have any comment on it," he told reporters between campaign stops in Tennessee and Virginia. "It's not an issue that I chose to create. It's not my record that's at issue and I don't have any questions about it."

          But Kerry has not answered Republicans' urging that he condemn criticism like the McAuliffe "AWOL" remarks. On the stump, he opens his appearances by saluting his audiences — a reminder of his military service and three Purple Hearts.

          While Kerry surrounds himself with fellow veterans on the campaign trail, the White House has not been able to produce fellow guardsmen who could testify that Bush attended meetings and drills. "Obviously we would have made people available" if they had been found, McClellan said.

          Retired Brig. Gen. William Turnipseed was a commander at the base Bush was assigned to and has previously said he never saw Bush appear for duty. But he said on Tuesday he wasn't sure whether he was on the base at the same time as Bush.

          Moreover, he said, "in 1972, I didn't even know he was supposed to come. I didn't know that until 2000," he said. "I'm not saying that he wasn't there. If he said he was there, I believe it. I don't remember seeing him."

          Turnipseed said last week he donated money to the Republican National Committee last year, and said he is a Bush supporter.

          Retired Army Col. Dan Smith, a 26-year military veteran, questioned the usefulness of the latest information released by the White House.

          "Pay records don't mean anything except that you're in or you're out," said Smith. "It doesn't necessarily reflect what duty you've actually performed because pay records simply record your unit of assignment and then all of your pay and benefits per pay period."

          Lt. Col. Scott Gorske, a 23-year Guardsman with experience in personnel issues, said there is no requirement for National Guard members to drill every month. They are required to train a certain amount of time each year. It appears Bush met that requirement, said Gorske, who reviewed the documents.

          A memo written by retired Lt. Col. Albert Lloyd Jr. at the request of the White House said a review of Bush's records showed that he had "satisfactory years" for the period of 1972-73 and 1973-74 "which proves that he completed his military obligation in a satisfactory manner."

           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Mainland will not meddle in Taiwan's election

           

             
           

          White House made public Bush's war record

           

             
           

          Wen calls for reining in excessive lending

           

             
           

          China bans poultry imports from US

           

             
           

          Yao Ming tops Forbes' China celebrity list

           

             
           

          Rumors of fireworks display lead to stampede

           

             
            Car bomb kills 25 at new Iraqi army center
             
            Report blasts Ottawa cronyism in contract scandal
             
            Missing Russian politician found in Ukraine
             
            White House made public Bush's war record
             
            Microsoft warns: critical flaw in Windows
             
            Kerry wins in two more states, Clark quits
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bush firing shots at chief rival John Kerry
             
          Gore: Bush 'betrayed us' in Iraq war
             
          Blix says Bush, Blair insincere salesmen on Iraq
             
          Bush: 'I expected to find the weapons'
             
          Bush: Arms 'we thought' were in Iraq not found
            News Talk  
            The evil root of all instability in the world today  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品久久自在自2021| 50岁人妻丰满熟妇αv无码区| 国产精品日韩专区第一页| 国产特级毛片AAAAAA视频| 亚洲区精品区日韩区综合区| 日韩中文字幕有码av| 亚洲精品在线+在线播放| 亚洲av一区二区在线看| 2022最新国产在线不卡a| 久久99精品久久久久久| 国产精品自拍一二三四区| 日本成熟少妇喷浆视频| 女高中生强奷系列在线播放| 韩国无码AV片在线观看网站| 久久99热只有频精品8| 国产精品一区二区av交换| 人妻激情视频一区二区三区| 韩国无码av片在线观看| 丝袜美腿亚洲综合第一区| 亚洲人成人网站色www| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 无码AV动漫精品一区二区免费| 在线视频一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲国产成人久久精品软件| 夹得好湿真拔不出来了动态图| 亚洲av日韩在线资源| 2021中文字幕亚洲精品| 久久午夜无码鲁丝片直播午夜精品 | 怡红院一区二区三区在线| 亚洲熟妇夜夜一区二区三区| 中文字幕有码高清日韩| 在线观看国产一区亚洲bd| 久久精品国产再热青青青 | 国产一区二区三区在线观| 成人精品视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品久久无码av片软件 | 韩国理伦片年轻邻居2 | 深夜福利资源在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕综合小综合| 亚洲Av午夜精品a区| 四虎永久在线精品免费看|