<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          US govt defends 'lawful' travel ban

          By Agencies in Washington | China Daily | Updated: 2017-02-08 07:30

          Trump: 'Dishonest' media 'doesn't want to report' extremist attacks

          The US government on Monday defended President Donald Trump's travel ban as a "lawful exercise" of his authority, and urged an appeals court to reinstate the suspended measure in the interests of national security.

          Three days after a federal judge put the controversial measure on hold, Justice Department lawyers filed a court brief challenging the nationwide injunction as "vastly overbroad".

           US govt defends 'lawful' travel ban

          Iranian citizen and US green card holder Cyrus Khosravi (center) hugs volunteer lawyers at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in Washington on Monday.David Ryder / Reuters

          An hour-long telephone hearing has been set for Tuesday at 3 pm in a high-stakes case that looks increasingly likely to be settled by the Supreme Court.

          Two new polls show a majority of US citizens now oppose the travel ban on refugees and travelers from seven mostly-Muslim nations, which prompted airport chaos and condemnation around the world - but Trump has shown no sign of bending, pushing back late on Monday in a new Twitter salvo.

          "The threat from radical Islamic terrorism is very real, just look at what is happening in Europe and the Middle East. Courts must act fast!" he said.

          Court 'erred'

          Earlier in the day, during a visit to US Central Command in Tampa, Florida, Trump accused the media of downplaying the terror threat that his administration cites to justify its ban, saying they purposefully ignored jihadist atrocities.

          "All over Europe, it's happening. It's gotten to a point where it's not even being reported," he told a group of about 300 US troops at MacDill Air Force Base in Florida.

          "And, in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn't want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that," he added, without saying what those reasons were.

          The White House later released a list of 78 attacks around the world from September 2014 to December 2016.

          Trump's decree summarily denied entry to all refugees for 120 days, and travelers from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen for 90 days - a move critics charge will damage US interests. Refugees from Syria were blocked indefinitely.

          The president said the ban is needed to tighten US security against foreign terror threats, citing the Sept 11, 2001, attacks despite the hijackers having no links to the named countries.

          In its filing to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, the government argued that the federal court that temporarily rolled back Trump's directive had "erred in entering an injunction barring enforcement of the order," asking that the ban be reinstated.

          The Justice Department argued that "the executive order is a lawful exercise of the president's authority over the entry of aliens into the United States and the admission of refugees".

          "Even if some relief were appropriate, the court's sweeping nationwide injunction is vastly overbroad," it said.

          The government again denied that the order specifically targets Muslims, defending it as a means of reviewing and revising screening procedures in order to "protect against terrorist attacks."

          And it said non-US citizens seeking to enter the US for the first time have no constitutional rights to be upheld.

          US govt defends 'lawful' travel ban

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产成人久久综合一区| 人人超人人超碰超国产| 香蕉人妻av久久久久天天| 久久综合五月丁香久久激情| 男人天堂亚洲天堂女人天堂| 免费看黄片一区二区三区 | 中文激情一区二区三区四区| 午夜福利在线观看成人| 影音先锋大黄瓜视频| 久久av色欲av久久蜜桃网| 日韩av日韩av在线| 成人白浆一区二区三区在线观看| 日韩精品视频精品视频| 麻豆天美东精91厂制片| 欧美老熟妇乱子伦牲交视频 | 亚洲成女人图区一区二区| 欧美视频网站www色| 亚洲欧美日韩高清一区二区三区| 亚洲色大成网站WWW久久| 日韩一区精品视频一区二区| 亚洲乱女色熟一区二区三区| 国产精品入口麻豆| 久久精品国产亚洲av品| 亚洲精品中文字幕尤物综合| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁| 国产女人喷潮视频免费| 亚洲 制服 丝袜 无码| 乱码中字在线观看一二区| 日本特黄特黄aaaaa大片| 亚洲一二三区精品美妇| 日韩精品一区二区三区在线观看的| 高清无码爆乳潮喷在线观看| 一本一本久久久久a久久综合激情| 久久精品国产熟女亚洲av| 另类专区一区二区三区| 国产精品乱码人妻一区二区三区| 老王亚洲AV综合在线观看| 蜜桃av噜噜一区二区三区香| 欧美牲交a欧美牲交aⅴ图片| 欧美一级夜夜爽www| 日本亚洲一区二区精品|