<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          India, Pakistan alerted to threat

          By Reuters in Wagah, India and Lahore, Pakistan | China Daily | Updated: 2014-11-04 07:52

          Intelligence agencies were both warned about planned attack on Wagah border crossing

          Indian and Pakistani intelligence agencies both detected plans for an imminent strike on their Wagah border ahead of a suicide blast that killed 57 people on Sunday, and heightened security possibly averted a more devastating attack.

          Pakistani police said on Monday they had recovered a "huge" cache of weapons and explosives near the border, where thousands of Indians and Pakistanis gather at dusk every day to watch a flamboyant traditional parade by their security forces.

          Pakistani police spokeswoman Nabeela Ghazanfar said the latest death toll was 57 after the bomber detonated explosives in a car park 500 meters from the border gates and parade ground, just as hundreds of spectators were returning from the ceremony.

          Pakistani and Indian agents, who are arch-rivals and do not share intelligence, gave conflicting accounts of whether the bomber's true intention was to cause casualties on the Indian side of the border and stir up tensions between the nuclear-armed nations.

          "It appears the bomber wanted to target ground zero where Pakistan and India border officials stand together to perform the flag ceremony but he could not enter due to tight security on the last gate," a Pakistani intelligence official told Reuters.

          "Had he managed to reach the place, there would have been the worst scenario for both sides."

          If successful, such an attack would likely have severely tested ties between India and Pakistan, already frayed after weeks of shelling further along the border killed 17 people in October.

          Another source said a second suicide vest had been found in a field near the explosion site, suggesting there might have been another bomber.

          "The target - the border facility that symbolizes trade and interaction between India and Pakistan - is a tempting one for extremist Pakistani groups that want conflict with India and oppose any detente or cooperation with New Delhi," said Bruce Riedel of the Brookings Institution, a former adviser on South Asia to US presidents.

          The border remained open on Monday, but both sides suspended the daily flag-lowering ceremony for the first time since they fought a war in 1971, as a mark of respect for the dead, India's Home Ministry said.

          Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned Sunday's attack as a "dastardly act".

          "My condolences to the families of the deceased. Prayers with the injured," he said on Twitter.

          India and Pakistan have fought three wars since they were carved out of British India in 1947. They fought a limited conflict in 1999 and were again on the brink after a militant attack on India's parliament led to troop build-ups in 2002.

          'Red alert'

          An official from India's foreign intelligence service, the Research and Analysis Wing, said the blast at the border was squarely aimed at Pakistan's security forces, a version in line with several Pakistani Taliban splinter groups that claimed the attack as revenge for an army offensive against militants near the Afghanistan border.

          An Indian official said the Home Ministry received two intelligence warnings in mid-October of possible attacks along the border or at the nearby Golden Temple in the city of Amritsar, the most sacred site for Sikhs.

          "Based on these reports the Border Security Force was ordered to upgrade security and a red alert was also issued," said a senior home ministry official. The official declined to be named because he was not authorized to speak to media.

           India, Pakistan alerted to threat

          A Pakistani mourns the death of a relative who was killed in a suicide bomb attack at the Wagah border crossing near Lahore on Sunday. At least 45 people were killed, the police said, just after a daily ceremony on the Pakistani-Indian border when troops from both sides simultaneously lower the two nations' flags. Mani Rana / Reuters

          (China Daily 11/04/2014 page11)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 2021国产成人精品久久| 日韩精品一区二区三区无| 亚洲欧美在线一区中文字幕| 黄色免费在线网址| 精品国偷自产在线视频99| 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 国产亚洲一区二区三区成人| 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕 | 小嫩批日出水无码视频免费| 免费国产午夜高清在线视频| 另类 专区 欧美 制服| 国产不卡网| 久热这里只有精品视频3| 丝袜人妖av在线一区二区| 国产成人精品97| 日本一区二区在线高清观看| 福利一区二区在线播放| 日本亚洲一区二区精品| 又大又长粗又爽又黄少妇毛片| 国产亚洲精品综合一区二区| 少妇人妻偷人精品免费| 国产亚洲综合另类色专区| 精品久久综合一区二区| 国产揄拍国产精品| 亚洲人交乣女bbw| 久热伊人精品国产中文| 影音先锋中文字幕无码资源站 | 婷婷狠狠综合五月天| 午夜性爽视频男人的天堂| 大陆国产乱人伦| 精品国产精品午夜福利| 国产在热线精品视频| 亚洲小说乱欧美另类| 欧美福利在线| 亚洲精品一区二区三区色| 亚洲日本韩在线观看| 国产成人精品永久免费视频 | 久久精品超碰AV无码| 日韩一区二区三区精品区| 熟妇人妻av无码一区二区三区| 美女内射福利大全在线看|