<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
          Home / World

          US not ruling out ground troops in Iraq

          By Agencies in Washington and Beirut | China Daily | Updated: 2014-09-18 07:01

          White House says Obama would not deploy soldiers in a combat mission

          The top military officer in the US raised the possibility on Tuesday that US troops might need to take on a larger role in Iraq's ground war against Islamic State militants, but the White House hastened to say that any such decision would not involve a combat mission.

          The militant Islamic State group has released a video warning the United States that fighters await in Iraq if US President Barack Obama sends troops there.

           US not ruling out ground troops in Iraq

          A protester interrupts a US Senate hearing with US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel (left) and General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in Washington, on Tuesday. J. Scott Applewhite / Associated Press

          The 52-second video entitled "Flames of War" shows wounded US soldiers, militants blowing up tanks and people about to be killed. It then shows a clip of Obama saying that combat troops will not return to Iraq, ending with a text overlay reading, "fighting has just begun".

          Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US military's Joint Chiefs of Staff, said there was no intention now to place US military advisers on the ground in direct combat. US assistance is currently taking other forms, including airstrikes.

          Dempsey outlined scenarios in which he might recommend having US troops do more, potentially in accompanying Iraqis during complicated offensives, such as a battle to retake the northern city of Mosul.

          "It could very well be part of that particular mission to provide close-combat advising or accompanying for that mission," Dempsey said.

          Dempsey acknowledged that Obama's "stated policy is that we will not have US ground forces in direct combat".

          "But he has told me as well to come back to him on a case-by-case basis," he said.

          Obama said last week he would lead an alliance to defeat Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, plunging the US into a conflict in which nearly every country in the Middle East has a stake.

          'Hypothetical scenario'

          Obama has ruled out a combat mission, saying that "we will not get dragged into another ground war in Iraq". How, exactly, the role of the US might evolve in the open-ended conflict remains unclear.

          Responding to Dempsey's comments, the White House said Obama's military advisers had to plan for many possibilities but that overall policy had not changed: Obama would not deploy US troops in a combat role in Iraq or Syria.

          White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters that Dempsey was "referring to a hypothetical scenario in which there might be a future situation where he might make a tactical recommendation to the president as it relates to ground troops".

          Dempsey's spokesman also issued a statement stressing that the general's exchange in the US Senate was not about "employing US ground combat units in Iraq".

          Dempsey was testifying before the Senate Armed Services Committee, along with US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, as the Obama administration makes its case to Congress for broadening operations against the Sunni militants - operations that would include US airstrikes in Syria for the first time.

          Reuters-AP-AFP

          (China Daily 09/18/2014 page12)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 玩两个丰满老熟女久久网| 亚洲精品天堂在线观看| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网络| 国产在线无码视频一区二区三区| 久久精品国产午夜福利伦理| 欧美亚洲综合成人a∨在线| 2020国产欧洲精品网站| 久久精品女人天堂aaa| 久久精品国产99麻豆蜜月| 专干老肥熟女视频网站| 日本一区二区三区精品国产| 自拍偷在线精品自拍偷99| 亚洲国产美女精品久久久| 亚洲中文精品人人永久免费| 男人狂桶女人出白浆免费视频| 亚洲第一区二区国产精品| 国精品午夜福利视频不卡| 真实国产熟睡乱子伦视频| 久久无码喷吹高潮播放不卡| 亚洲不卡一区三区三区四| 亚洲熟妇丰满xxxxx小品| 国产熟女丝袜av一二区| 成人精品视频一区二区三区| 99精品国产在热久久婷婷| 国产日韩入口一区二区| 蜜臀av黑人亚洲精品| 成年片免费观看网站| 日韩高清亚洲日韩精品一区二区 | 成人啪啪高潮不断观看| 一本久道久久综合中文字幕| 国产日韩久久免费影院| 婷婷五月综合激情| 午夜精品视频在线看| 国产精品偷伦在线观看| 国产又色又爽又黄的在线观看| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 热久久美女精品天天吊色| 亚洲成av人片无码不卡播放器| 欧美在线一区二区三区精品| 国产香蕉尹人在线视频你懂的| 一级毛片免费观看不卡视频|