<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          Obama OKs Syria airstrikes

          By Agencies in Washington and Beirut | China Daily | Updated: 2014-09-12 07:39

          UK, Germany say they won't participate in military action

          Opening a new military front in the Middle East, US President Barack Obama authorized US airstrikes inside Syria for the first time, along with expanded strikes in Iraq, as part of "a steady, relentless effort" to root out Islamic State extremists.

          Obama announced on Wednesday night that he was sending nearly 500 more US troops to Iraq to assist that country's besieged security forces, bringing the total number of US forces sent there this summer to more than 1,500. He also urged Congress anew to authorize a program to train and arm Syrian rebels who are fighting both the Islamic State militants and Syrian President Bashar Assad.

          "We will hunt down terrorists who threaten our country, wherever they are," Obama declared in a prime-time address to the nation from the White House. "This is a core principle of my presidency: If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven."

          Obama's plans amounted to a striking shift for a president who rose to political prominence in part because of his early opposition to the Iraq War.

          While in office, he has steadfastly sought to wind down US military campaigns in the Middle East and avoid new wars - particularly in Syria, a country where the chaos of an intractable civil war has given the Islamic State group space to thrive and move freely across the border with Iraq.

          Obama's plans were also an admission that years of US-led war in the Middle East have not quelled the terror threat emanating from the region.

          Obama insisted he was not returning US combat troops to the Middle East. Even so, he acknowledged that "any time we take military action, there are risks involved, especially to the servicemen and women who carry out these missions.

          "But I want the American people to understand how this effort will be different from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. It will not involve American combat troops fighting on foreign soil," he added.

          'We have not been asked'

          The foreign ministers of Germany and Britain said on Thursday they would not be taking part in air strikes in Syria against the Islamic State militant group.

          German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier told a news conference in Berlin that Germany has not been asked to take part in the air strikes and would not be participating. "To be quite clear, we have not been asked to do so and neither will we do so," Steinmeier said.

          His British counterpart Philip Hammond said Britain "supports entirely the US approach of developing an international coalition" against the Islamic State, whom he described as "barbaric", and said that in terms of how to help such a coalition "we have ruled nothing out".

          But, asked by Reuters after his meeting with Steinmeier about Obama's proposal for air strikes against IS in Syria, Hammond replied: "Let me be clear: Britain will not be taking part in any air strikes in Syria. We have already had that discussion in our parliament last year and we won't be revisiting that position."

          Call for support

          US Secretary of State John Kerry pressed Arab leaders on Thursday to support Obama's plans, including help with greater overflight rights for US warplanes.

          Detailing what Kerry would seek from regional partners at a meeting of Arab powers and Turkey in Jeddah, a senior State Department official said: "We may need enhanced basing and overflights. ... There's going to be a meeting soon of defense ministers to work on these details."

          Any foreign intervention in Syria would be an act of aggression unless it is approved by Damascus, a Syrian government minister said on Thursday.

          "Any action of any type without the approval of Syrian government is an aggression against Syria," Ali Haidar, Minister of National Reconciliation Affairs, told reporters in Damascus.

          AP - Reuters

          (China Daily 09/12/2014 page11)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲成人动漫在线| 亚洲成人av免费一区| 大桥未久亚洲无av码在线| 综合色在线| 成人无码视频在线观看免费播放| 啦啦啦啦在线视频免费播放6| 亚洲日本va午夜中文字幕久久 | 中日韩精品视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品一二三四区| 91精品国产老熟女在线| 美腿丝袜无男人的天堂| 亚洲男人精品青春的天堂| 色婷婷亚洲综合五月| 日韩亚洲国产激情一区二区| 四虎成人精品永久网站| 无码国产精品一区二区av| 国产精品日韩深夜福利久久| 微拍福利一区二区三区| 日韩欧美在线综合网另类| 国产性生大片免费观看性| 亚洲超碰97无码中文字幕| 成人精品色一区二区三区| 亚洲精品成人A在线观看| 亚洲综合中文字幕国产精品欧美 | 麻豆国产va免费精品高清在线| 青青草无码免费一二三区| 西西444www高清大胆| 亚洲最大成人在线播放| 男人的天堂av一二三区| 色欧美片视频在线观看| 手机看片AV永久免费| 国内精品无码一区二区三区| 四虎库影成人在线播放| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 精品国产乱来一区二区三区| 狠狠色婷婷久久综合频道日韩| 人妻伦理在线一二三区| 亚洲国产精品乱码一区二区| 好吊色欧美一区二区三区四区| 国产中文字幕日韩精品| 真人免费一级毛片一区二区|