<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          Unrest sets back Ebola fight

          By Associated Press in Monrovia, Liberia | China Daily | Updated: 2014-08-20 07:12

          Officials comb slum of 50,000 people to stop virus spreading

          Authorities in Liberia urgently searched on Monday for 17 people who fled an Ebola medical center over the weekend when it was attacked by looters who stole bloodstained sheets and mattresses and took them into an enormous slum.

          Health officials were combing Monrovia's West Point area, home to at least 50,000 people, to try to stop the virus from spreading further in a country where more than 400 people already have died.

           Unrest sets back Ebola fight

          People pass by Ebola virus health warning signs, in the city of Monrovia, Liberia, on Sunday. Liberian officials fear Ebola could soon spread through the capital's largest slum after residents raided a quarantine center for suspected patients and took items including bloodstained sheets and mattresses. Abbas Dulleh / Associated Press

          The World Health Organization urged Liberia and other Ebola-affected countries on Monday to screen all passengers leaving international airports, sea ports and major ground crossings.

          Those with symptoms of the virus also were urged not to travel. Many airlines have halted services to the capitals of Liberia and neighboring Sierra Leone.

          The weekend chaos in Monrovia highlights the growing unease and panic in Liberia amid the mounting Ebola death toll and illustrates the risks of further instability in this deeply impoverished country, where mistrust of the government runs high. In addition, health workers are complaining about a lack of protective gear. Treatment centers are viewed by many as a place where people go just to die.

          "They are not happy with the way Ebola is being managed, and the response that the government is providing," said Koala Oumarou, country director for the aid group Plan Liberia, which is helping the health ministry to raise awareness. "It's where the frustration is coming from."

          Liberia's president already has declared a state of emergency, dispatching armed soldiers to enforce quarantines of infected areas. But little was done on Saturday to stop looters from invading the Ebola quarantine center and taking items covered in bodily fluids that now could only further transmit the gruesome virus, witnesses said. Ebola is spread through direct contact with the blood, vomit, feces or sweat of sick people.

          "This West Point situation really was our greatest setback since we started this fight, and we are working on making sure that we can correct that situation," Liberian Information Minister Lewis Brown said.

          "We have learned a bit of bitter lesson here," he added.

          Latest sign of anger

          Witnesses said an angry mob attacked the "holding center" for people who had been exposed to Ebola and were being monitored during an incubation period for signs of the disease. The looters took medical equipment, and mattresses and sheets that had bloodstains, said a police official, who insisted on anonymity.

          "Between the houses, you could see people fleeing with items looted from the patients," the official said, adding that he now feared "the whole of West Point will be infected".

          Witnesses said the weekend mob was angry about possible Ebola patients being brought into their area. None of those who fled had yet been confirmed to have Ebola, Assistant Health Minister Tolbert Nyenswah said.

          The ransacking of the holding center is only the latest sign of anger among Liberians with the government's response to the crisis. Some health workers and burial teams also have faced aggression from communities who fear the corpses will sicken them. Others have held protests when bodies left on the streets have not been collected fast enough.

          This year's outbreak marks the first time the gruesome disease has made its way to Liberia, presenting a herculean task for the aid workers trying to halt its spread through awareness campaigns. Despite the billboards and radio jingles, fear and denial have obstructed efforts to get the crisis under control, observers have said.

          (China Daily 08/20/2014 page10)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费A级毛片樱桃视频| 国产桃色在线成免费视频| 最新国产AV最新国产在钱| 亚洲美免无码中文字幕在线| 日本一区二区三区视频版| 五月天免费中文字幕av| 午夜毛片不卡免费观看视频| 99精品久久精品| 国产在线中文字幕精品| 中文字幕久久精品人妻| 精品国产一区二区三区av性色| 国产乱码一区二区免费| 搡老女人老妇女老熟女o在线阅读 国产成人精品视频一区二区三 | 免费视频爱爱太爽了| 五月天免费中文字幕av| 亚洲欧美综合精品二区| 欧美国产综合视频| 国产精品av免费观看| 高级艳妇交换俱乐部小说| 色欲av伊人久久大香线蕉影院| 日本中文字幕一区二区三| 五月色丁香婷婷网蜜臀av| 精品国产一区二区三区在线观看| 国产成人精品一区二区秒拍1o| 精品国内自产拍在线观看| 国产乱码精品一区二区麻豆| 亚洲欧美日韩综合久久久| 久久综合97丁香色香蕉 | 国产中文三级全黄| 亚洲精品日本一区二区| 激情人妻中出中文字幕一区| 脱了老师内裤猛烈进入的软件| 在线天堂资源www中文| 日韩一区二区三区在线观院| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜av浪潮| 久久se精品一区精品二区国产| 麻豆tv入口在线看| 无码人妻丝袜在线视频| 欧美白妞大战非洲大炮| 一区二区不卡国产精品| 久久一本人碰碰人碰|