<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          Pentagon seeks $8.5b to upgrade, improve missile defense system

          By Agencies in Washington | China Daily | Updated: 2014-03-06 08:22

          The US Missile Defense Agency mapped out plans on Tuesday to overhaul the ground-based US missile defense system managed by Boeing Co and improve its reliability after several test failures in recent years.

          Missile Defense Agency Director Vice-Admiral James Syring said the government was requesting about $300 million in fiscal 2015 to redesign the Raytheon Co "kill vehicle", which hits and destroys an enemy missile on contact; add a new long-range radar; and fund other measures to help the system better identify, track and destroy enemy missiles.

          Besides the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Iran, an increasing number of nations are testing ballistic missiles, Syring said.

          "And the capability of these ballistic missiles is increasing as well," he said.

          The agency's budget request, which must still be approved by Congress, also funds longer-term initiatives to improve the system a decade after what were essentially prototypes to be rushed into operational use.

          Overall, the budget requests $8.5 billion for missile defense, including about $7.5 billion for the Missile Defense Agency. Missile defense is one of the biggest items in the Pentagon's annual budget, although Republicans have faulted the Obama administration for scaling back funding in recent years.

          US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the budget, which was shaped by a major review of defense strategy, underscored the continued importance of missile defense, along with space, cyber and special operations, giving rapidly emerging threats.

          Syring said the George W. Bush administration's decision to deploy the fledgling missile defense system in 2004 was aimed at countering "a very real threat", but it cut short systems engineering and testing of the system. A slower process would have avoided some of the problems seen now, he said.

          Pentagon acquisition chief Frank Kendall said at a conference last week that the reviews of the program had revealed "bad engineering" on the current system.

          Syring said reforms were needed now, especially given Hagel's decision to add 14 more interceptors to the 30 in place in California and Alaska.

          "The final step now is to step back ... to now look at this from a bottom-up design standpoint and not just keep making reliability improvements ... on the margin," Syring said.

          He said the goal was to deploy a redesigned kill vehicle, new long-range radar and other measures by 2020. The Pentagon said the new kill vehicle would be built with a modular, open architecture and designed with common interfaces to make upgrades easier, and help broaden the vendor and supplier base. Syring said decisions will be made soon on how to proceed with the redesign of the kill vehicle, factoring in schedule, cost and price. He did not rule out a competition despite the tight schedule of buying 14 new interceptors by 2017.

          "I would not shy away from competition if that was the right answer," Syring told reporters. He said the acquisition plan would help inform plans for buying the new interceptors, something now due to begin in fiscal 2016.

          The government's funding of early design work on a new common kill vehicle by Raytheon, Boeing and Lockheed Martin Corp meant the agency could choose from three "viable industry concepts", he said.

          The fiscal 2015 budget also continues to fund that work, Syring said, noting that the effort was aimed at developing a kill vehicle that could be used on a ground-based interceptor, a Standard-Missile-3 or some future system.

          Reuters-Xinhua

          (China Daily 03/06/2014 page11)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久亚洲av成人无码软件| 九色91精品最新在线| 国内精品一区二区不卡| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 久久人人妻人人爽人人爽| 亚洲精品国产一区二区三区在线观看 | 亚洲第一色网站| 天堂久久天堂av色综合| 国语精品一区二区三区| 香蕉在线精品一区二区| 欧美成人一卡二卡三卡四卡| 国产一区内射最近更新| 亚洲日本欧美日韩中文字幕| 亚洲综合久久成人av| 国产精品人妇一区二区三区| japanese边做边乳喷| 国产一区二区在线激情往| 国产视色精品亚洲一区二区| 开心婷婷五月激情综合社区| 国产永久免费高清在线观看| 久久久久99人妻一区二区三区| 最新国产精品好看的精品| 熟女亚洲综合精品伊人久久| 国产suv精品一区二区四| 亚洲一区二区三区在线播放无码| 日本区二区三区不卡视频| 亚洲 欧洲 自拍 另类 校园 | 日99久9在线 | 免费| 丰满的熟妇岳中文字幕| AV无码国产在线看岛国岛| 欧美熟妇乱子伦XX视频| 视频专区熟女人妻第二页| 3d无码纯肉动漫在线观看| 久久99精品久久久久麻豆| 玩两个丰满老熟女久久网| 国产午夜福利视频第三区| 国产精品自拍中文字幕| 悠悠人体艺术视频在线播放| 2019国产精品青青草原| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 欧美~日韩~国产~中文字幕|