<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
          Home / World

          Pakistan army HQ siege ends; 19 dead

          China Daily | Updated: 2009-10-12 07:53

          Pakistan army HQ siege ends; 19 dead

          RAWALPINDI: Commandos stormed Pakistan's army headquarters yesterday ending a day-long hostage drama and freeing 39 people held by militants who brazenly struck at the heart of the military establishment.

          Three hostages, two soldiers and four suspected Taliban militants were killed in a rescue operation hailed by the military as "highly successful", despite a total of 19 people dead since the start of the assault.

          Six soldiers and four other militants had already been killed in the nearly 24-hour siege, which began on Saturday in the garrison city of Rawalpindi and was the third dramatic militant strike in the nuclear-armed nation in a week.

          The audacious attack exposed Pakistan's vulnerability in the face of a Taliban militia who have regrouped after the death of their leader and are determined to thwart an army assault on their tribal hideouts, analysts said.

          In London, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the attack showed the scale of the threat faced by Pakistan but voiced confidence that the country's nuclear weapons were properly secured.

          Military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas said troops went in at about 6 am (8 am Beijing time) and met resistance from five militants armed with suicide vests and barricaded in the building in the city, which adjoins Islamabad.

          "Thirty-nine hostages were rescued and three were killed," Abbas said, adding that the captives were shot dead by the militants.

          "The militants had suicide jackets, improvised explosive devices, grenades.... They wanted to blow up all the hostages and cause maximum damage."

          He said that two soldiers and four insurgents were killed in the rescue operation. The leader of the militant team escaped and detonated a number of explosives, before being injured and arrested.

          "The operation is over. It was highly successful," Abbas added.

          He said that intelligence officials are investigating possible links between the sole surviving militant - named as Aqeel, also known as Doctor Usman - and the March attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore.

          The Rawalpindi attack bore similarities to the March gun-and-grenade attack, which left six policemen and two civilians dead. Abbas said the militant held yesterday had the same name and alias as one of the Lahore attack suspects.

          Militants in army uniform

          The drama began just before midday on Saturday, when nine gunmen in military uniform and armed with automatic weapons and grenades drove up to the Rawalpindi compound and shot their way through a checkpoint.

          Four militants and six soldiers were killed near a second post but the rest of the rebels fled and took the 42 military employees hostage.

          There has been no claim of responsibility, but military and government officials blamed Taliban-linked militants.

          Taliban threat persists

          On her visit to London, the United States' top diplomat, Clinton, said the attack was another reminder that Islamist extremists were "increasingly threatening the authority of the state" of Pakistan.

          She added, however, that the United States had "confidence in the Pakistani government and military's control over nuclear weapons".

          The weekend siege came after a suicide car bomb on Friday killed at least 52 civilians at a busy market in the northwest city of Peshawar and an attack on a UN office in Islamabad last Monday left five aid workers dead.

          The new Taliban leadership have vowed to avenge the death of their commander Baitullah Mehsud in a US drone missile attack in August, and are also keen to deter an assault on their stronghold, analysts say.

          AFP

          (China Daily 10/12/2009 page8)

          Today's Top News

          Editor's picks

          Most Viewed

          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲精品综合一区二区| 日韩精品视频免费久久| 亚洲一区精品伊人久久| 一区二区三区激情都市| 好男人社区影视在线WWW| 97国产精品人人爽人人做| av无码精品一区二区乱子| 亚洲伊人成综合网2222| 18禁超污无遮挡无码网址| 精品国产一区二区三区不卡| 国产精品v欧美精品∨日韩 | av天堂久久精品影音先锋| 亚洲热视频这里只有精品| 国产亚洲综合欧美视频| 人妻系列无码专区无码中出| 小嫩批日出水无码视频免费| 狠狠色噜噜狠狠狠狠888奇米| 好好热好好热日韩精品| 国产成人亚洲综合无码品善网| 91丝袜美腿高跟国产老师在线 | 国内不卡的一区二区三区| 日本公与丰满熄| 亚洲中文字幕一区二区| 亚洲av影院一区二区三区| 国产一级区二级区三级区| 国产精品人人爽人人做我的可爱| 视频网站在线观看不卡| 日本做受高潮好舒服视频 | 性夜影院爽黄e爽| 色综合久久久久综合体桃花网| 日本一级午夜福利免费区| 老色99久久九九爱精品| 丰满的熟妇岳中文字幕| 亚洲人成网站在线观看播放不卡| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 熟妇人妻av中文字幕老熟妇 | 亚洲色精品88色婷婷七月丁香| 好男人2019在线视频播放观看| 免费国产好深啊好涨好硬视频| 亚洲中文字幕精品一区二区三区 | 下面一进一出好爽视频|