|
CITY GUIDE >City Guide
![]() |
|
Beijing tourist spots strengthen security
By Xin Dingding (China Daily)
Updated: 2008-08-13 09:36
![]() Tourists skateboard in the Forbidden City in Beijing on Monday. Tourist attractions in the city are strengthening security checks to better guarantee travelers' safety.
All tourist attractions in Beijing are required to beef up security checks in the wake of Saturday's attack on two American tourists and a Chinese tour guide at the city's Drum Tower, a senior tourism official said yesterday. Starting from Sunday, the Summer Palace became the first to check suspicious people and baggage with hand-held scanners. The security measures are necessary in order to guarantee tourists' safety during the Olympic Games, said Wang Zhifa, deputy director of the National Tourism Administration. "In addition, (the security measures) should become part of a regular procedure that all scenic spots should strengthen after the Games," he said. On Saturday, two Americans, Todd and Barbara Bachman, relatives of a US Olympic volleyball coach, and their Chinese tour guide were stabbed by Tang Yongming from Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. Tang later committed suicide by jumping from the second story of the Drum Tower. The American man died from the attack. The incident has drawn the attention of top State leaders. The Beijing municipal government has arranged for the relatives of the American man to come to Beijing, and promised the best facilities and experts to treat the two injured women, who are now in a stable condition, Wang said. He said that the incident "alerted relevant departments to strengthen security efforts", thus China's tourist environment could become safer as a result. Though the number of inbound arrivals in August is not available, he said that judging from the number for the first 10 days of August, total inbound arrivals in the month would "definitely exceed" July's figures. So far, Beijing and the five Olympic co-host cities have received 175 inbound tourist groups, totaling 6,350 people by Monday, he said. Wang added that the occupancy rate of Beijing's hotel rooms reached 81.2 percent on Sunday, "a rather good one but not the peak". The price of standard rooms in hotels that signed contracts with BOCOG in Beijing has also soared to 2,946 yuan ($429), the highest point in the recent period, he said. According to the experiences of previous Olympic host cities, China expects a larger number of tourists to come after the Games, and "we are ready", he said. (China Daily 08/13/2008 page2) |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 九九热精品在线观看视频| 国产熟睡乱子伦午夜视频| 国产精品福利一区二区久久| 高清无码午夜福利视频| 国产亚洲精品一区二区不卡| 久久精品免视看国产成人| 久久婷婷大香萑太香蕉AV人| 亚洲色大成网站WWW永久麻豆| 精品亚洲女同一区二区| 国产成人亚洲欧美二区综合| 久久99er热精品免费播| 国产99视频精品免费专区| 一区二区在线 | 欧洲| 日韩乱码卡一卡2卡三卡四| 久久精品av国产一区二区| 精品国产乱一区二区三区| 搡老熟女老女人一区二区| 人妻在线中文字幕| 国产性三级高清在线观看| 日韩av一区二区三区精品| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 日韩精品视频一二三四区| 国产精品午夜精品福利| 91精品国产综合久蜜臀| 久女女热精品视频在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕无码av| 激情国产一区二区三区四| 人妻暴雨中被强制侵犯在线| 国产熟女一区二区三区四区 | 伊大人香蕉久久网欧美| 日本一区二区三区在线 |观看| 亚洲日韩精品一区二区三区无码| 国产免费无遮挡吃奶视频| 国产精品亚洲А∨天堂免| 国产精品福利中文字幕| 亚洲妓女综合网995久久| 久久亚洲精品成人综合网| 青春草在线观看播放网站| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人| 国内精品久久久久影院薰衣草| 久久精品伊人狠狠大香网|