<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          Make me your Homepage
          left corner left corner
          China Daily Website

          Mixed reactions over cutting English classes

          Updated: 2013-11-21 07:51
          By Zhao Xinying ( China Daily)

          A decision to push back English-language classes for Beijing primary school students to the third grade has received mixed reviews from city teachers, parents and experts.

          The Beijing Commission of Education decided on Tuesday that primary school students in the capital will not begin learning English until the third grade.

          Mixed reactions over cutting English classes

          An English teacher helps Chongwen Elementary School firstgraders take an exam in Beijing last year. Under new rules, Beijing students will not study English until the third grade. Liu Ping/For China Daily

          The decision will take effect in next year's fall semester. Currently, English classes begin in the first grade.

          It is the commission's second major change to the city's education system in recent months. In October, it reduced the total score of the English-language portion of the gaokao, or China's college entrance exam, from 150 to 100. This change takes effect in 2016.

          While some parents, teachers and experts said starting English classes in the third grade will add to an already heavy homework load, others said first- and second-graders are currently having a tough time learning both Chinese and English simultaneously.

          "I think it's better for children to learn a language - including English - earlier," said Zhao Xingli, mother of a 9-year-old girl in Beijing.

          "Children already have a lot of homework to do after entering grade three. I'm afraid that starting English (in the third grade) will add to my child's workload."

          Cui Linlin, who teaches English at a Beijing university and whose daughter is a primary school student, said she can live with the decision.

          "First- and second-graders in Beijing only have two English classes a week and I don't believe my daughter learns much from them," she said. "If parents expect their children to learn more, they can teach their children English at home, if they're able to do that. Or they can sign their children up for (extracurricular) English classes."

          An English-language teacher at a primary school in Beijing, who asked to be identified only as Zhang, agreed with the decision, saying that children aren't able to handle English classes at such a young age.

          "It's difficult for first-graders to learn English. They often mix the English alphabet with Chinese pinyin," said the teacher, who has been teaching English to first- and second-graders for three years.

          "I think it will be much easier for students to start learning English in the third grade."

          She said she believes students will be relieved that they won't have English classes during their first two years at primary school.

          "English is one of the three main subjects besides Chinese and math. Children put a great deal of effort into studying English," she said.

          Chu Zhaohui, a senior researcher at the National Institute of Education Sciences, said schools should not force English classes onto young students, but the decision should be left to individual primary schools.

          "Schools should assess a student's interest and ability to learn English, but any efforts to force students to learn English will end poorly," Chu said.

          He added that starting English later will not put children behind the learning curve.

          "Teaching English in grades one and two is usually not effective because students that age absorb little of what they learn," he said. "From the third grade through to high school, students have plenty of time to learn English."

          Wang Haitao, vice-president of New Oriental Education and Technology Group, said the decision creates new business opportunities.

          The decision was made during a meeting of directors from education commissions throughout Beijing to discuss how to reform the city's education system.

          They also discussed reducing the level of difficulty of English tests in high school entrance exams.

          The decision follows sweeping reforms passed by the central government, which specifically discussed reducing students' workloads and the number of subjects in national exams.

          Fan Feifei contributed to this story.

          zhaoxinying@chinadaily.com.cn


           

           
          ...
          Hot Topics
          A sailor from British Royal Navy destroyer HMS Daring tries to catch a mooring line to dock in the north side of the bund at Huangpu River in Shanghai December 10, 2013.
          ...
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美一区二区三区欧美日韩亚洲| 永久免费无码成人网站| 国内露脸互换人妻| 国产成人精品久久一区二| 亚洲精品日本久久一区二区三区| 99国产精品欧美一区二区三区| 好男人社区影视在线WWW| 亚洲毛片无码专区亚洲乱| 成人做受120秒试看试看视频| 国产日韩欧美黄色片免费观看| 国产爽视频一区二区三区| 免费A级毛片无码A∨蜜芽试看| 亚洲AV成人片在线观看| 亚洲男人天堂av在线| 精品午夜福利短视频一区| 四虎成人免费视频在线播放 | 国产不卡一区二区精品| 久久亚洲精少妇毛片午夜无码 | 一区二区三区国产不卡| 伊人久久婷婷综合五月97色| 亚洲欧美日韩愉拍自拍美利坚| 亚洲成人av在线高清| 悠悠人体艺术视频在线播放| 欧美裸体xxxx极品| 国产成人黄色自拍小视频| 精品人妻伦九区久久aaa片| 精品人妻一区二区三区蜜臀| 亚洲成人av日韩在线| 日韩成人免费无码不卡视频| 国产精品SM捆绑调教视频| 亚洲高清激情一区二区三区| 韩国免费a级毛片久久| china13末成年videos野外| 欧美熟妇乱子伦XX视频| 欧日韩无套内射变态| 日本东京热不卡一区二区| 中文字幕日韩精品国产| 亚洲激情一区二区三区在线 | 亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷精品 美利坚| 日本一区二区三区后入式| 国产精品.com|