<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          chinadaily.com.cn
          left corner left corner
          China Daily Website

          Oil spill lawsuits find way to Texas court

          Updated: 2012-07-04 02:48
          By Wang Qian ( China Daily)

          30 fishermen in Shandong sue US giant for compensation over disaster

          US attorneys acting on behalf of 30 fishermen in Shandong province filed a lawsuit against ConocoPhillips in the Southern District Court of Texas on Monday (Tuesday, Beijing time).

          The move is the latest attempt by people affected by oil spills in Bohai Bay in June last year to win compensation from the US company allegedly responsible for the disaster.

          Three firms — Bilek Law Firm LLP in Houston, Smith Stag LLC in New Orleans, and Jones, Swanson, Huddell & Garrison LLC, also in New Orleans — have been preparing the class action since last year.

          "The reason we have filed the suit is to obtain compensation for our fishermen clients, who have been denied a hearing in China. We want to make sure that ConocoPhillips does more than merely take public responsibility but actually pays fair compensation to those that have been injured," Thomas Bilek of Bilek Law Firm LLP in Houston, told China Daily in a phone interview.

          Although the case can be "uncertain and long", he said it had a good chance of success.

          According to an e-mail response to China Daily on Tuesday morning, Stuart Smith with Smith Stag LLC said: "It was in the US where executives for ConocoPhillips made many of the decisions that led to the environmental carnage in Bohai Bay. We are bringing the case in Houston, where ConocoPhillips is headquartered."

          Donna Xue, spokeswoman for ConocoPhillips China, said her office did not have any knowledge of the lawsuit and declined to comment further before she could contact the company's headquarters in the United States.

          The 30 Shandong fishermen are the first group and another 470 have already signed contracts with the three US law firms that are filing the lawsuit against ConocoPhillips, Jia Fangyi, a lawyer at Great Wall Law Firm in China, told reporters in Beijing on Monday.

          Jia acts as a bridge between Chinese fishermen and US law firms.

          Jia said the estimated direct economic losses caused by the oil leak for the 500 Shandong fishermen were about 870 million yuan ($137 million), and more fishermen near Bohai Bay are contacting him for legal help, which may push the number represented by the three US law firms to more than 2,000.

          "All the contacted fishermen will get free legal service from the three US law firms," Jia added.

          Jia filed lawsuits against companies allegedly responsible for the oil leak in Bohai Bay to courts in Shandong, Hainan and Tianjin last year. All were rejected.

          US courts carry the principle of long-arm jurisdiction, which refers to the ability of local courts to exercise jurisdiction over out-of-state defendants.

          It means that in this case the US court can decide to hear the case, even though it didn't occur in the US, Jia explained.

          "It is a hard and long fight and we will fight to the end," Jia said.

          In April, ConocoPhillips China, the operator of the Penglai 19-3 oilfield where the leaks occurred, agreed with the government to set up a 1.1 billion yuan fund based on estimated damages, in addition to the earlier 1 billion yuan compensation fund for the affected fishermen in Hebei and Liaoning provinces.

          China National Offshore Oil Corporation, its Chinese partner, will also pay another 600 million yuan.

          But no money was allocated to the other affected areas such as Shandong and Tianjin.

          Jiang Xuping, a 50-year-old fisherman in Laizhou, Shandong, said the incident caused him to lose more than 1 million yuan last year, and after selling his ship he is still in debt for 50,000 yuan.

          "We need an answer," Jiang said. Because there are no fish in Laizhou Bay, he left his hometown for Rizhao, also in Shandong.

          In June 2011, Penglai 19-3 experienced two unrelated leaks, with initial estimates indicating that about 115 cubic meters of oil were released into the sea and 416 cu m of mineral oil mud were released onto the seabed, according to the US company.

          A State Oceanic Administration report in November said the leaks polluted an area of about 6,200 square kilometers (nearly nine times the size of Singapore), including 870 square kilometers that were severely polluted.

          Wang Jingshu in New York contributed to this story.

          wangqian@chinadaily.com.cn

           
          ...
          ...
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲一区二区三区久久受| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 欧美特黄三级在线观看| 亚洲一区二区精品另类| 元码人妻精品一区二区三区9| 欧美精品日韩精品一卡| 久久精品中文字幕99| 九九在线精品国产| 欧美日韩一线| 韩国18禁啪啪无遮挡免费| 野外做受三级视频| 最新国产精品拍自在线播放| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 国产成人综合亚洲第一区| 一区二区三区午夜无码视频| 日韩毛片在线视频x| 亚洲男女一区二区三区| 欧美牲交a免费| 精品无码国产自产拍在线观看蜜 | 内地自拍三级在线观看| 狠狠v日韩v欧美v| 无码小电影在线观看网站免费| 少妇真人直播app| 日本中文字幕在线播放| 草裙社区精品视频播放| 刺激第一页720lu久久| 国产午夜福利片在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三上悠亚| 国产精品无遮挡猛进猛出| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另欧美| 线观看的国产成人av天堂| caoporn成人免费公开| 亚洲男人第一无码av网| 国产人成精品一区二区三| 4399理论片午午伦夜理片| 国产精品igao视频| 日韩人妻一区中文字幕| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁一级毛片| 国产一区二区三区四区色| free性开放小少妇| 亚洲中文字字幕精品乱码|