<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          Society

          Rio Tinto defendants plead guilty

          By Qian Yanfeng and Lan Lan (China Daily)
          Updated: 2010-03-23 06:56
          Large Medium Small

          All four accused contest amounts

          SHANGHAI - Rio Tinto executive Stern Hu and three of his Chinese colleagues pleaded guilty on Monday to bribery charges during the first day of their trial.

          Rio Tinto defendants plead guilty
          Tom Connor, Australia's consul-general in Shanghai. [Agencies]?
          Hu "acknowledged the truth of some of the bribery charges" laid against him, said Tom Connor, Australia's consul-general in Shanghai, who attended the hearing.

          The other three are also charged with taking bribes and stealing commercial secrets.

          Hu, an Australian citizen, is accused of taking bribes of 1 million yuan ($146,000) and $790,000. Connor said Hu had "made some admissions concerning those two bribery amounts".

          The other three defendants - Liu Caikui, Ge Minqiang and Wang Yong - are charged with accepting bribes of up to 70 million yuan according to the court indictment, their lawyers said.

          But the four accused will challenge the amount specified by the prosecutor, according to Tao Wuping, a lawyer for one of the accused.

          The four also rejected some of the accusations made by prosecutors.

          "Part of the charge should not constitute a crime," Tao said, referring to his client, Liu, who is charged with receiving 3.7 million yuan in bribes.

          Wang admitted he was "guilty in part", his lawyer, Zhang Peihong, said.

          Related readings:
          Rio Tinto defendants plead guilty Rio Tinto committed to strengthen ties with China: President
          Rio Tinto defendants plead guilty Don't politicize Rio Tinto trial, China urges
          Rio Tinto defendants plead guilty Chinalco makes fresh overtures to Rio Tinto
          Rio Tinto defendants plead guilty Rio Tinto employees charged with bribery

          Zhang said the $9 million Wang is accused of taking as a bribe was legitimate "profit from an iron ore deal".

          The $9 million is part of the 70 million yuan that Wang is accused of taking as bribes, said Zhang.

          "There are plenty of reasons to argue against the rest of the amount," Zhang added.

          The trial, which is open only to several Chinese media organizations, is scheduled to last three days at the Shanghai No 1 Intermediate People's Court. The second part of the trial relating to commercial secrets will be heard in closed court.

          Connor said all the defendants had an opportunity to put their views forward and address the evidence laid against them during the trial.

          He also said the Australian government will issue a formal statement about the trial but did not specify when.

          The trial marks the climax of a nine-month case that has strained relations between China and Australia, a key supplier of iron ore to Chinese steel mills.

          Relations soured in June last year over a failed bid by State-owned Aluminum Corporation of China (Chinalco) to buy a $19.5 billion stake in Rio Tinto; and the arrest of Hu a month later.

          Hu and his Chinese colleagues have been held in detention since July 5 last year.

          Hu was Rio Tinto's lead negotiator in talks with Chinese steel mills to try and settle a price for iron ore from Australian mining companies.

          Negotiations between Chinese steel firms and major international miners, including Rio Tinto, on iron ore prices have been at a standstill with the latter reportedly seeking price hikes of 90 percent or more this year.

          According to Tao, the four defendants accepted bribes from some small- and medium-sized Chinese steel mills keen to secure long-term imports from Rio Tinto.

          The Foreign Ministry has said the Rio Tinto case should not be deliberately politicized.

          "It is just an individual business case. It should not be politicized or have a negative impact on China-Australia relations," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang has said.

          Rio Tinto Chief Executive Tom Albanese, who was in Beijing at the China Development Forum on Monday, said: "This issue is obviously of great concern to us, as it would be for any company operating in China. I can only say we respectfully await the outcome of the Chinese legal process.

          "We have enjoyed a good relationship with China for 50 years; only last year, we came upon some difficulties, which we are trying hard to resolve.

          "Today, China is our largest customer. A positive relationship with this market is vital to the continued success of our company," he added.

          He also said he had continued confidence in the long-term prospects of the Chinese economy.

          Rio Tinto recently named a new top executive for China; and on Friday, it announced an agreement with Chinalco to develop an iron ore reserve in the West African country of Guinea.

          Reuters and AP contributed to the story

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲丰满熟女一区二区蜜桃| 无码人妻精品一区二区| 三年的高清电影免费看| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天bl| 国产99在线 | 欧美| 亚洲精品综合久久国产二区| 久久精品久久电影免费理论片 | 麻豆成人精品国产免费| 国模国产精品嫩模大尺度视频| 综合国产综合亚洲综合| 天天摸夜夜摸夜夜狠狠添| 日韩一区二区三区水蜜桃| 最新中文字幕国产精品| 给我免费观看片在线| 久久青草国产精品一区| 天天夜碰日日摸日日澡性色AV| 国产精品视频免费网站| 成在线人永久免费视频播放 | 国产成人精品亚洲午夜麻豆| 亚洲一区成人av在线| 毛片大全真人在线| 国产av剧情无码精品色午夜| 午夜片无码区在线观看视频| 熟妇人妻无码xxx视频| 免费乱理伦片在线观看| 国产真人无遮挡免费视频| 人妻中文字幕精品系列| 日本高清色WWW在线安全| a国产一区二区免费入口| 少妇人妻av无码专区| 国产精品7m凸凹视频分类大全| 色老头亚洲成人免费影院| 色综合久久一区二区三区| 樱花草视频www日本韩国| 精品无码一区二区三区电影| 人妻少妇久久久久久97人妻| 九九热精品在线免费视频| 韩国理伦片年轻邻居2| 夜爽8888视频在线观看| 99国产精品一区二区蜜臀| 成人亚欧欧美激情在线观看|