<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区

          Society

          Workers protest over pay, toxic chemicals

          By Qian Yanfeng (China Daily)
          Updated: 2010-01-18 07:22
          Large Medium Small

          SHANGHAI: Angry employees who attacked a Taiwanese company in Suzhou, Jiangsu province over management and pay disputes last Friday said yesterday they were not satisfied with the local government's investigation into the case.

          "The truth has been hidden from public view. There are people dying from long-term exposure to the toxicant used in the factory but no one is paying attention to that. There needs to be further investigation," a worker surnamed Zhu, who took part in Friday's gathering yet declined to give his full name, told China Daily yesterday.

          Related readings:
          Workers protest over pay, toxic chemicals Two die in factory gas overflow
          Workers protest over pay, toxic chemicals Eight workers die in factory
          Workers protest over pay, toxic chemicals 5 killed, 3 injured in South China factory blast
          Workers protest over pay, toxic chemicals Furniture factory fire leaves 3 dead, 3 injured in Chongqing
          Workers protest over pay, toxic chemicals Death penalty sustained to man in fatal factory brawl

          He said at least four workers had died from overexposure to hexane, a toxic chemical workers had been asked to use for cleaning touch panels manufactured at United Win (China) Technology Ltd Co. The company is a subsidiary of Taiwan-based Wintek Corporation, one of the world's leading producers of small mobile phone panels and touch panels.

          Local authorities, however, said at a press conference last Saturday that there had not been any deaths reported, and 47 people who showed symptoms of hexane poisoning had received due treatment.

          Company executives and local officials were not available for comment yesterday.

          More than 2,000 employees gathered at the factory located in Suzhou Industrial Park about 8:45 am Friday, and smashed vehicles and factory facilities despite explanations from management and local government officials. The workers also blocked a road and threw stones at police. No casualties were reported.

          Media previously cited local authorities as saying workers had been provoked by rumors that the company planned to cancel a year-end bonus, which company executives later dismissed and promised to distribute before the Chinese Spring Festival that is less than a month away.

          But Zhu said it was not just about the money. "What we feel angry about is the company authorities' apathy to our workers' health," he said.

          He also said one of his colleagues, Li Liang, was one of the four victims, but the company told them Li had died of congenital heart disease.

          "That was impossible because we never heard him having such a disease. It must have to do with the toxicant because there was a strong smell at the factory," he said.

          Jiao Tan, Li's college roommate, also told China Daily that "Li was very healthy and never had any heart problem before."

          Hexane is known to create extensive peripheral nervous system failure in humans. The initial symptoms are tingling and cramps in the arms and legs, followed by general muscular weakness. In severe cases, atrophy of the skeletal muscles is observed, along with a loss of coordination and problems of vision.

          Zhu also complained of work overload and low pay at the factory, which he believed had driven many migrant workers like him to suffer from poor health and poverty.

          "We had long been dissatisfied with the management, pay and even food provided by the company," he said.

          "We had complained to the local government before, but nothing came out of that. There even seems to be an apparent rush from the government to try to play down the consequences after the protest broke out," he said.

          China has witnessed an increasing number of mass protests over labor disputes in recent years. On July 24 last year, around 1,000 people launched a 10-hour riot and beat a company executive to death after being told of possible mass layoffs in the wake of a takeover deal at Tonghua Steel plant in Northeast China's Jilin province.

          Sun Suiqin, a Shanghai-based lawyer, said an efficient channel on the government level for people to voice their complaints and grievances is lacking, which has given rise to growing public discontent and protests.

          "In most cases workers are forced to resort to violence in order to gain public attention since we do not have an efficient legal system. So more channels need to be created to address their needs," he said.

          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看| 精品久久综合日本久久网| 饥渴少妇高潮正在播放| 欧美www在线观看| 精品黑人一区二区三区| 亚洲不卡一区二区在线看| 亚洲精品中文字幕尤物综合| 日韩欧美在线综合网另类| 精品无码午夜福利理论片| 国产一区二区精品高清在线观看| 国产午精品午夜福利757视频播放 国产午夜亚洲精品国产成人 | 99精品国产中文字幕| 青青草原国产精品啪啪视频| 伊人激情av一区二区三区| 中文字幕乱妇无码AV在线| 久久精品国产亚洲av久| 国产极品粉嫩福利姬萌白酱| 亚洲人成网站在线观看播放不卡| 国产精品无码一区二区三区电影| 国产jizz中国jizz免费看| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 亚洲精品一区二区美女| 无码日韩av一区二区三区| 99精品国产一区二区三区| 中文字幕日韩精品国产| 国产不卡久久精品影院| 亚洲东京色一区二区三区| 久久精品女人天堂aaa| 亚洲国产大胸一区二区三区| 亚洲伊人久久综合成人| 日本无码欧美一区精品久久| 强d乱码中文字幕熟女1000部| 久久99久国产精品66| 99在线视频免费观看| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| av资源在线看免费观看| 久久精品日日躁夜夜躁| 天堂mv在线mv免费mv香蕉 | 性一交一乱一乱一视频| 99久久精品免费看国产电影| av天堂午夜精品一区|