|
CHINA> National
![]() |
|
Antidote to poisoning polluters
By Cui Jia (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-09-28 07:01 China will adopt powerful measures to tackle heavy metal poisoning following a recent string of lead poisoning incidents involving thousands of children in Shaanxi and Hunan provinces, a senior environmental protection official said Sunday.
Zhang said the problem needs to be tackled at the source, which is the heavily polluting plants that fail to meet environmental standards. He said local officials who turn a blind eye to heavy polluters will be punished. Officials who are responsible for the lead poisoning in Shaaxi and Hunan are being investigated and will be punished accordingly. In many regions, officials place a greater emphasis on short-term economic growth than on the long-term impact of pollution, he said. In August, more than 800 children living near a lead smelter run by Dongling Group in Shaanxi showed high levels of lead poisoning, with 174 admitted to hospital. Also in August, more than 1,300 children living near the Wugang Manganese smelter in Wenping, Hunan, tested positive for high levels of lead. In the latest case, 121 children in Shanghang county in Fujian province were found to have excessive lead in their blood. Local governments are required to stop the source of heavy metal pollution as soon as it is discovered, Zhang said. Residents living around plants that could cause heavy metal pollution will receive regular examinations and the plants must be closely monitored. "Local authorities need to publish information about heavy metal pollution without delay to keep residents informed," Zhang said. The government also plans to tighten controls on construction permits for polluting plants which may cause hazards for local residents' health. When asked by China Daily whether it is safe to build waste incineration plants in residential areas, Zhang said incinerators will not affect people's health or pollute the environment if they are built according to government guidelines. Zhang said China dealt with 155 million tons of waste last year, 80 percent of which was buried and 15 percent was treated at waste incineration plants. Besides trying to combat pollution, China is optimistic about achieving its promise of cutting energy use per unit of gross domestic product (GDP) by 20 percent by 2010 despite facing rigorous challenges, Xie Zhenhua, vice-minister of National Development and Reform Commission said Sunday. "China is well on its way to achieving its target. China has reduced energy use per unit of GDP by 10 percent between 2006 and 2008," Xie told the press conference. Xie said China has cut energy use per unit of GDP by a further 3.3 percent in the first half of this year. If China achieves its goal by 2010, it will prevent about 1.5 billion tons of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere, which will rank China the top cutter of carbon dioxide emissions in the world. |
|||||||
主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久午夜私人影院| 国产精品免费久久久免费| 性国产vⅰdeosfree高清| 国产亚洲精品久久久久久大师| 57pao国产成视频免费播放| 中文字幕第一页亚洲精品| 噜噜久久噜噜久久鬼88| 国产av区男人的天堂| 农村妇女野外一区二区视频| 无码欧美毛片一区二区三| 99在线观看视频免费| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页| 亚洲精品久久一区二区三区四区| 中文字幕无码视频手机免费看| 国产一区日韩二区三区| 在线免费观看毛片av| 国产精品日本一区二区不卡视频| 亚洲午夜福利AV一区二区无码| 亚洲自偷自偷偷色无码中文 | 久视频精品线在线观看| 久久国产自偷自免费一区| 亚洲AV无码一区二区一二区色戒| 农村国产毛片一区二区三区女| 国产又色又爽又黄的在线观看| 亚洲欧美综合一区二区三区| 久久人妻无码一区二区三区av| 亚洲精品动漫免费二区| 脱了老师内裤猛烈进入的软件| 色婷婷五月综合久久| 久久久天堂国产精品女人| 国产欧美精品一区二区三区-老狼| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AV紧身裤| 国产 亚洲 网友自拍| 高清精品视频一区二区三区| 国内少妇偷人精品免费| 久久婷婷综合色丁香五月| 亚洲国产五月综合网| 国精产品一区一区三区有限| 青草成人精品视频在线看| 日本一区二区三区四区黄色| 产综合无码一区|