|
CHINA> Regional
![]() |
|
Landslide victims to get 200,000 yuan
By Wang Ru in Chongqing and Hu Yinan in Beijing (China Daily)
Updated: 2009-06-09 08:18 Families of victims of the landslide that reportedly killed 35 people in the southwestern industrial hub of Chongqing will receive at least 200,000 yuan ($29,200), the standard compensation payment for fatalities from negligent accidents, local officials said.
Although officials with Wulong county, where Friday's accident took place, have said there was "no clear indication" human error caused the landslide, various local sources claimed excessive drilling and mining were to blame. The privately-owned iron ore mine, named Sanlian and boasting a capacity of 100 tons a day, had neglected government warnings to stop production because of "possible geological dangers" since 2001, said several miners. Su Xianyun, one of the mine's three owners, is reportedly in police custody. A staff member with Wulong's land and resources bureau hinted, without elaborating, that Sanlian "may not have" the proper mining and work safety licenses. Chongqing government spokesman Ai Yang said on Sunday the government is investigating whether the mine's license is still valid.
Millions of tons of solid rocks are blocking access to the mine shaft at Jiwei Mountain, about 175 km southeast of urban Chongqing, following the landslide that happened at 3 pm on Friday. Shao Ruiqing, a resident from Bairui village of Tiekuang township, told China Daily he was the first to arrive at the site on Friday soon after getting a call from fellow villager Chen Yunkai. "I don't think there are survivors under the debris," Shao said, shaking his head from Wulong People's Hospital, 70 km from the site of the incident. When he arrived on the scene, he found half of Hongbao village had been buried under giant rocks and debris and a cloud of smoke covered the sky. He rescued five people from the debris, including Wu Xianyong, an employee from a local branch of China Mobile. Wu, 46, whose right leg was broken in the landslide, arrived at the Hongbao village with two colleagues on Friday. They were sent to build a signal station along with five other workers from China Mobile. "It was a peaceful village," Wu said from his hospital bed where he was awaiting his second surgery. "But our boss told us to be cautious, since he saw some big stones rolling down from the mountain two days prior." Chongqing boasts some of the most geologically unstable terrain in western China. Wulong alone has 545 such spots, which endanger nearly 120,000 residents. A similar accident, caused by excessive drilling, led to fallen rocks and river dams in Wulong on April 30, 1994, an anonymous expert with the Changjiang Water Resources Commission said. Awoken from a nap on Friday "by some noise", Wu said he stepped out of the building to see huge stones rolling down the mountain. Soon, the mountain began to tremble and there was a cloud of black dust. Wu ran but was knocked down and trapped by a collapsing house. "The stones were flying above my head," Wu said. He and most of his colleagues escaped the landslide relatively unscathed but three co-workers were left seriously injured. The local government warned the villagers about the potential for a slide in 2003 and offered them money - amounting to about 5,000 yuan to move, Shao said. But most villagers, including himself, refused to leave. |
||||||
主站蜘蛛池模板: 精品熟女少妇免费久久| 亚洲精品美女一区二区| 欧美激烈精交gif动态图| 一本本月无码-| 老司机精品视频在线| 扒开双腿猛进入喷水高潮叫声| 日韩av无码久久精品免费| 成人国产亚洲精品一区二区| 久热这里只有精品12| 精品 无码 国产观看| 亚洲综合色区另类av| 日本一本正道综合久久dvd| 欧美午夜成人片在线观看| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 亚洲色大成网站WWW久久| 国产精品视频免费一区二区三区 | 强开小雪的嫩苞又嫩又紧| 国产精成A品人V在线播放| 欧美大胆老熟妇乱子伦视频| 97超碰精品成人国产| 99国产欧美另类久久久精品| 777米奇色狠狠888俺也去乱| 天堂中文8资源在线8| 放荡的美妇在线播放| 国产综合精品91老熟女| 在线观看视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品综合第一国产综合| 丰满人妻跪趴高撅肥臀| 久久精品无码专区东京热| 欧美肥老太交视频免费| 国产精品国产亚洲看不卡| 日本亚洲一区二区精品| 国产综合久久久久久鬼色| 一本伊大人香蕉久久网手机| 色偷偷天堂av狠狠狠在| 国产亚洲精品VA片在线播放| 精品国产高清中文字幕| 成人亚洲网站www在线观看 | 国产激情久久久久影院老熟女免费 | 性生交片免费无码看人| 日本边添边摸边做边爱喷水|