|
CHINA> Regional
![]() |
|
Tourism begins to revive in SW China's quake zones
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2009-05-05 14:00 CHENGDU -- Tourists from other parts of China swarmed to quake zones in southwest China's Sichuan province and during the May 1 holiday weekend.
Also in Anchang, most hotels were fully packed with tourists, and prices of guestrooms rose by 50 percent in the three-day holiday. Li Jiahua, a building material businessman from Tongliang County, Chongqing Municipality, was among the tourists. Li drove to visit the largest prefabs zone at Leigu town, also in Beichuan, May 2. He joined a voluntary drivers' team transporting relief goods to Beichuan last year, and was assisting two quake-ravaged families there. "I just want to know how they are faring with their life, and I should have come earlier if I had time," said Li. The number of tourists to Mount Qingcheng and Dujiangyan, both well-known scenic sites 68 kilometers to the west of Chengdu, the provincial capital of Sichuan, rose by 30 percent from last year's figure to hit 80,000. Most of the tourists were from other parts of the country, said an official from the administration for Mount Qingcheng and Dujiangyan scenery.
Sichuan, home to giant pandas, scenic nature reserves and ancient cultures, has long been a tourist destination. The devastating earthquake on May 12 last year not only left more than 80,000 people dead or missing, but also destroyed infrastructure as well. The devastating earthquake caused severe damage to the Wolong base, where most of the country's captive pandas were kept. Five base staff were killed, as was one captive panda. Two pandas were injured and six were missing, five of which were eventually found. Reconstruction in quake zones remains massive and has been listed as a key task by the State Council in the forthcoming years. Quake ruins become tourism craze Qingchuan, Wenchuan and Beichuan, three of the worst-hit areas in the powerful quake, are caught in a tight race in turning quake ruins into tourist attractions. Qingchuan opened the first quake theme park, Donghekou, November 12 last year. More than 260,000 tourists have visited this quake theme park. Beichuan county will not be willing to be left behind. It is the only Chinese autonomous county for Qiang, a minority of just 300,000 people. The Qiang people have a unique culture that can be traced to the Shang Dynasty (1600 BC-1046 BC), and was recorded in oracle bone inscriptions. The Qiang, who call themselves "Ermea", literally "native people", are also known as the "people in the white clouds" because they usually live in ornately decorated stone houses in the upper reaches of the mountains, herding sheep and growing crops such as corn and cherries. The old county seat of Beichuan was razed by the quake. The county lost two-thirds of its population in that day, with 15,600 confirmed deaths, and 4,700 other people still missing. A state-level quake ruins museum park is in the pipeline. In accordance with the museum park construction plan, which was published in March, the projected museum park will cover eight square kilometers and will have three parts: a museum building, old Beichuan county town quake ruins, and a center for secondary disaster display and natural conservation. At present, however, police guard the locked gate to the old county seat. Visitors walk near the gate or climb a nearby hill to look down on it. Wenchuan County, the epicenter of May 12 quake, also has a plan for developing tourism by exploring quake ruins, with Yingxiu Township at the forefront. Sandwiched by two mountains, Yingxiu was connected to the outside world by a bridge. It lost 5,462 of its 18,000 population, and 3,694 other people missing. Baihua Bridge, Yingxiu's only overland link to the outside, was also destroyed in the quake. Large chunks of soil also collapsed from the two mountains during the quake, according to Jiang Yongfu, Party boss of Yuzixi Village, Yingxiu. A new bridge is being built parallel to the quake-damaged Baihua Bridge which is left in ruins. According to Jiang, Yuzixi Village, where 268 out of the 269 homes were destroyed in the quake, will build a tourist reception center, a cemetery for those who were killed in the quake, a quake ruins park, a memorial, and a museum of folkways and culture. The village is attracting some 1,000 to 2,000 tourists each day, said Jiang. |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 丰满少妇被猛烈进出69影院| 久久热这里只有精品国产| 性欧美牲交在线视频| 国产一级片内射在线视频| 久久久国产精华液| 日本道播放一区二区三区| 欧美日韩精品一区二区视频| 久久99久久99精品免视看动漫| 精品国产伦理国产无遮挡| 国产成人欧美日本在线观看| 黑人玩弄人妻中文在线| 永久无码天堂网小说区| 三上悠亚精品二区在线观看| 亚洲尹人九九大色香蕉网站| 国产无遮挡又黄又大又爽| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人| 亚洲国产精品无码中文| 日韩一区二区在线看精品| 国产男女猛烈无遮挡免费视频| 亚洲精品中文综合第一页| 5555国产在线观看| 高清自拍亚洲精品二区| 亚洲色大成成人网站久久| 老师穿超短包臀裙办公室爆乳| 少妇激情一区二区三区视频| 被黑人伦流澡到高潮HNP动漫| 在线观看亚洲AV日韩A∨| XXXXXHD亚洲日本HD| 国产精品99久久99久久久不卡| 日韩大片看一区二区三区| 久久精品www人人做人人爽| 日韩大片高清播放器| 亚洲精品韩国一区二区| 成年18禁美女网站免费进入| 人妻无码∧V一区二区| 熟妇人妻不卡中文字幕| 午夜亚洲AV成人无码国产| 人妻精品动漫H无码中字| 亚洲av产在线精品亚洲第一站| 亚洲国产精品无码中文字| 欧美嫩交一区二区三区|