|
CHINA> Regional
![]() |
|
Cab drivers stop work in SW China city
(Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-11-03 22:41 CHONGQING -- The government of southwest China's Chongqing Municipality said on Monday it would take measures to help cab drivers, following a morning work-stoppage that turned violent at times. The government has begun seeking opinions on raising fares, increasing compressed natural gas (CNG) supplies and cracking down on unlicensed cabs, said Liang Peijun, deputy director of the city's transportation commission. The city's cab association has proposed a plan to adjust the split of fares between drivers and companies. About 8 percent of the 9,000 urban cabbies in China's fourth-largest city returned to work by 2 p.m. on Monday, some with transport officials in their passenger seats. Drivers asked transport staff to accompany them to guarantee their safety after about 20 vehicles, including three police cars, were smashed earlier in the day. Almost 800 drivers, responding to requests from the municipal transport administration, have returned to work, ending a sometimes violent strike in the southwest China city. The municipal transport administration held meetings after the strike broke out on Monday morning and tried to persuade drivers to resume work. Police patrol cars were out in force on the roads. Cab drivers in the main urban zones stopped work to protest a number of issues on Monday. Shortages of CNG, which fuels most cabs in the city, competition from unlicensed cabs and high fines for traffic violations ignited the strike, said a worker at the municipal transport administration, on condition of anonymity. Drivers must wait for one to three hours to refill their CNG tanks at a limited number of fuel stations. One driver, Tan Daihua, said he promised his wife that he would bring home 100 yuan (14.60 US dollars) a day when he chose to work for a cab company. "However, I gave her 100 yuan during the past four days." The municipal government and Communist Party of China Chongqing Municipal Committee held several meetings on Monday to discuss the action and issued directives to restore cab services, said Zhou Bo, deputy publicity director of the committee. Zhou said officials should be alert for serious problems, police should keep traffic flowing, unlicensed cab drivers would be penalized and an investigation would be conducted into CNG prices. More than 100 people gathered on a business street at about 11:30 a.m., in the Jiangbei District, stopped cabs and pulled out the drivers. "All cab drivers agreed to stop work, and we damaged the cabs of those who didn't keep their word," one of the crowd, who refused to give his name, told Xinhua, adding that most of the 100 people were cab drivers. A cab driver, who only gave his surname as Huang, said he worked in the taxi service of the municipal public transport group. He found some people smashing cabs in Shaping District as he drove on the street in the morning, and he returned to his company. "A strike is not what I want, but my cab will be smashed if I drive," said Huang, adding that many his colleagues felt the same. Members of the public found no cabs in service during the rush hour. Municipal transport administration deputy director Zhang Yujun said some drivers were willing to work, but they either found their cab windows smashed, or their passengers pulled from the vehicles. Known as the "mountain city", Chongqing, unlike other Chinese cities, has very few bicycles, and cabs are the most common mode of transport after buses. The municipality has 16,000 licensed cabs, with almost 9,000 in main urban zones. As Chongqing officials strive to restore taxi service, their counterparts in Fenghuang County of central China's Hunan Province, a famous scenic spot, are doing the same thing. Cab drivers in the mountainous area, which is reputed to be one of "the 10 most beautiful counties in China" for its natural beauty and the primitive culture of the Miao ethnic group, went on strike on October 28 to protest annual operating fees. As of Monday afternoon, about 30 cab drivers, about 21 percent of the county's total, were still on strike, Zhang Yongzhong, head of the county government, told Xinhua. Zhang said the strike had little effect on the county's traffic as more buses were put into use, but his government would continue "explaining to the taxi drivers." Fenghuang has two cab companies with 145 licensed cabs. The strike was set off by some drivers' refusal to pay annual operating charges. "Some drivers' licenses will expire by the end of this year and they are being asked to pay the government 10,000 yuan a year to retain their license," said one cab driver. "I have just had my license renewed, but I also think 10,000 yuan is too much," said the driver, adding they faced increasing competition from unlicensed drivers, which made the annual fee "not worthwhile". The county government planned to have meetings with the two cab companies and drivers to resolve the issue. |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国内精品久久黄色三级乱| 亚洲av国产av综合av| 国产愉拍91九色国产愉拍| 日本一区二区三区专线| 亚洲av日韩在线资源| 性姿势真人免费视频放| 东方四虎在线观看av| 亚洲欧美日韩精品久久| 99久久亚洲综合精品成人| 免费一本色道久久一区| 人妻少妇精品视频专区| 国产69精品久久久久久人妻精品| 人妻在厨房被色诱中文字幕| 欧美和黑人xxxx猛交视频| 999精品全免费观看视频| 国产人妻人伦精品无码麻豆| 老湿机香蕉久久久久久| 天堂v亚洲国产v第一次| 另类 专区 欧美 制服| 欧美性色黄大片www喷水| 国产午夜精品亚洲精品国产| 国产AV天堂亚洲国产AV天堂| 国产精品理论片| 一个本道久久综合久久88| 久久久精品成人免费观看| 男人进女人下部全黄大色视频| 中国女人熟毛茸茸A毛片| 国产99久久无码精品| 开心色怡人综合网站| 无码成人午夜在线观看| 亚洲日韩精品一区二区三区无码| 日亚韩在线无码一区二区三区 | 国产丝袜在线精品丝袜不卡| 骚虎视频在线观看| 久久精品国产亚洲av天海翼| 国产AV一区二区精品久久凹凸 | 国产三级精品三级色噜噜| 亚洲精品自拍区在线观看| 在线天堂最新版资源| 亚洲一区二区中文av| 无码日韩精品一区二区三区免费|