|
CHINA> Regional
![]() |
|
Floods take a toll on life, kill 171 people
By Liang Qiwen (China Daily/Xinhua)
Updated: 2008-06-17 06:44 GUANGZHOU -- Heavy rain and floods have claimed 171 lives in China's 20 regions this year, according to the Office of State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters, with the government warning of serious flooding in the Yellow River.
The worst storms and floods in decades have hit about 38.56 million people in 20 provinces, mostly in the south, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said yesterday. About 52 people are missing and 2.2 million hectares of farmland has been inundated, the ministry said. The direct economic loss has reached 26 billion yuan ($3.3 billion). Threat of massive floods along the 5,500-km Yellow River that runs through the north looms large, the China Meteorological Administration (CMA) warned yesterday. Heavy rain in the next few days could "increase the destructive force of floods and make relief and rescue work even more difficult", the CMA said. "National flood prevention and relief efforts are entering a crucial phase" because torrential rain are likely to raise the threat of floods in the lower and middle reaches of the Yellow River in Shanxi, Shaanxi, Henan and Shandong provinces, it said. The Yellow River, China's longest after the Yangtze, has caused massive floods in the past but its devastating effects have not been felt in recent decades. Weather forecasts warn fresh storms could lash parts of the Yangtze River delta and parts of provinces in the east, south and southwest too. Vice-Premier Hui Liangyu said the fight against floods in South China had reached a critical stage. Hui is commander-in-chief of the country's drought- and flood-prevention headquarters too. He told an urgent meeting yesterday that all related departments and local authorities in South China should fully realize the importance of fighting floods this year. Twelve provinces and regions in the south have been lashed by heavy rain since June 7, with some areas experiencing the heaviest rainfall in 100 years. Many rivers are already flowing above the danger levels and have broken their banks at some places in Guangdong province. Many areas along the Xijiang River and the Beijiang River, tributaries of the Pearl River that runs through Guangxi, Hunan and Guangdong provinces, are under water. The flooded Xijiang and Beijiang rivers pose a flood threat at their convergence point in Sanshui, Foshan city, where the water level hit the highest in five decades, Guangdong water resource department said. At noon yesterday, the water level at Makou hydrological station in Sanshui was 8.4 m, almost 1 m above the danger level. A Guangdong water resource department official said 18,000 relief and rescue workers had been mobilized to monitor the flood situation in Sanshui. The floodgates of two dams in Sanshui were opened to discharge water and reduce the threat to the dam, Yue said. About 20 people have been killed and more than 5.76 million affected by the floods in 17 of Guangdong's 21 cities, where food too, is in short supply. According to official estimates, the province has already suffered an economic loss of 3.8 billion yuan ($540 million). Heavy rain is likely to continue in Hunan and Guizhou provinces and the Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region during the next couple of days, the CMA said. Xinhua contributed to the story |
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲av色在线观看网站| 天天综合网站| 久久久国产精品VA麻豆| 老熟女重囗味hdxx69| 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 久久精品国产亚洲精品色婷婷| 精品国产午夜福利在线观看| 另类专区一区二区三区| 在线日韩日本国产亚洲| 国产精品嫩草影院一二三区入口 | 色午夜久久男人操女人| 亚洲国产欧美日韩另类| 成人福利国产午夜AV免费不卡在线 | 99久久久国产精品消防器材| 成人国内精品视频在线观看| 亚洲色大成网站WWW永久麻豆| 丁香亚洲综合五月天婷婷| √天堂中文www官网在线| 黑人玩弄人妻中文在线| 国产色悠悠综合在线观看| 国产精品永久免费视频| 国产av精品一区二区三区| 久久夜色撩人精品国产av| 亚洲av成人网人人蜜臀| 人妻av一区二区三区av免费| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 邻居少妇张开腿让我爽了在线观看 | 韩国深夜福利视频在线观看| 东京热人妻无码一区二区av| 久久婷婷五月综合97色一本一本| 久久精品国产99精品亚洲| 99久久精品午夜一区二区| 国产精品一区二区黄色片| 韩国三级+mp4| 精品视频在线观自拍自拍| 国产偷国产偷亚洲清高APP| 欧美成人怡红院一区二区| A毛片毛片看免费| 久久99精品一久久久久久| 久久精品岛国AV一区二区无码| 亚洲最新版无码AV|