<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
             

          Tycoon buys looted treasure for nation

          By Xin Dingding (China Daily)
          Updated: 2007-09-21 07:09


           This handout picture from Sotheby's auction house shows Macao casino mogul Stanley Ho standing next to the Bronze Horse Head he recently purchased for $8.84 million in Hong Kong. [AFP]

          Macao gaming tycoon Stanley Ho Hung-sun has bought a rare bronze horse head plundered by British and French troops in the 19th century for HK$69.1 million ($8.84 million) and donated it to the motherland Thursday.

          The sale set a record in the trade of Chinese sculptures from the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), Sotheby's Hong Kong said in a news release.

          The deal stopped the national treasure looted from the Yuanmingyuan (the Old Summer Palace) being auctioned at Sotheby's autumn auction in October.

          "We do not agree with cultural relics which were smuggled, stolen, or looted in wars being auctioned," Song Xinchao, director of museums department at the State Administration of Cultural Heritage, told a press conference on Thursday in Beijing.

          He thanked Ho for his "patriotic act" and said the administration welcomes donations of cultural relics from abroad.

          "I feel honored to have played a role in saving lost Chinese cultural relics from overseas," Ho, 85, said in a statement.

          Ho was ranked 104th on Forbes' list of billionaires this year, with $7 billion in personal wealth.

          The bronze statue is set to go on display in Sotheby's pre-auction exhibition at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center October 4-8, and at Hotel Lisboa in Macao starting October 9.

          It has not been decided when and where the statue will be displayed on the mainland.

          The statue is one of the 12 bronze heads of zodiac animals that graced a water-clock fountain in the Old Summer Palace, which was destroyed by the British and the French in 1860. So far, only the whereabouts of seven are known.

          Besides the horse head, four statues - the tiger, monkey, ox and pig - have been bought in auctions and are on display at the Poly Art Museum in Beijing. The rat and rabbit are in a private European collection.

          Song said Sotheby's Hong Kong was contacted "as soon as we heard the news" and the auction house agreed to help in the repatriation of the treasure.

          "It contacted possible buyers, and Mr Ho showed interest as soon as he heard about the news."

          With Sotheby's coordination, the owner's trustee and Ho finally sealed the deal at a price 22 times of what the owner reportedly paid for the sculpture at a Sotheby's London auction in 1989, or HK$3.14 million.

          "China has got back more than 3,500 pieces of cultural relics from overseas since 1997," Song said.

          "The government consistently maintains that historic relics abroad should be reclaimed by legal and diplomatic means, under the legal framework and principles set up by the international society, and through international cooperation," he added.

                1   2   3   4   5     


          Top China News  
          Today's Top News  
          Most Commented/Read Stories in 48 Hours
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 青草视频在线播放| 欧美啪啪网| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 久久一区二区中文字幕| 国产亚洲欧美日韩在线一区二区三| 偷拍美女厕所尿尿嘘嘘小便| 欧美日本一区二区视频在线观看| 婷婷久久综合九色综合88| 日本在线观看视频一区二区三区| 亚洲另类午夜中文字幕| 亚洲乱码日产精品m| 国产国产午夜福利视频| 麻豆果冻国产剧情av在线播放| 国产精品久久久久无码网站| 中文无码热在线视频| 免费A级毛片樱桃视频| 国产va免费精品高清在线| 日产国产一区二区不卡| 韩国精品一区二区三区| 一级毛片免费观看不卡视频 | 2021精品国产综合久久| 青青草综合在线观看视频| 亚洲 中文 欧美 日韩 在线| 午夜福利院一区二区三区| 扒开双腿猛进入喷水高潮叫声| 一区二区传媒有限公司| 中文字幕66页| 人妻少妇久久精品一区二区| 久久精品国产91久久麻豆 | 成人亚洲av免费在线| 日韩伦理片| 日韩在线视频一区二区三| 亚洲精品成人区在线观看| 99久久久无码国产精品9| 东京热一精品无码av| 欧美牲交a免费| 久久国产免费观看精品3| 日本污视频在线观看| 99久久国产综合精品色| 国产免费人成网站在线播放| 亚洲不卡av不卡一区二区 |