<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          USEUROPEAFRICAASIA 中文雙語(yǔ)Fran?ais
          Business
          Home / Business / Companies

          Marks & Spencer battles to stay in fashion on a changing high street

          Updated: 2017-11-10 09:47

          Marks & Spencer battles to stay in fashion on a changing high street

          Archie Norman, chairman of Marks & Spencer Group Plc CHINA DAILY

          Marks & Spencer is going through a crucial period of transition after announcing it would close its 10 stores in major Chinese cities.

          The decision last year was part of the plan to turn around the famous United Kingdom-based retail giant.

          M&S is already moving its entire business here online through Tmall, the e-commerce platform rolled out by Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, and JD.com Inc.

          Neil Wang, China regional president of consultancy Frost & Sullivan, felt that Marks & Spencer had failed to create a clear brand image for consumers here.

          "Growing online shops is considered a crucial step for Marks& Spencer, but the most critical problem is not about online or offline," he said.

          "The retailer needs to revitalize its business model, market positioning, supply chains and the designs of clothes," Wang added.

          The overall outlook for the company is uncertain as Archie Norman, the new chairman of Marks & Spencer Group Plc, stamps his authority on the high street chain.

          This comes after a slowdown in Marks & Spencer's food business, a major driver of sales growth.

          "The business has been drifting, not for five years, not 10 years but 15 years and maybe beyond," he told the media. "We've got a lot of work to do."

          Already Helen Weir, chief financial officer at M&S, has announced she will leave the company, while store closures will accelerate in the UK.

          On Wednesday, the company reported another decline in profit. Customers, squeezed by stagnant wage growth and inflation, are being cautious in their spending, Marks & Spencer stated. Its shares fell as much as 3.6 percent, reversing early gains in London.

          "The most striking feature of this update is M&S acknowledging that it has problems in its food division," said Geoff Ruddell, an analyst at Morgan Stanley.

          Weir's departure reflects increased urgency at the top since Norman's arrival two months ago.

          Many investors felt CEO Steve Rowe's initial plans for the retailer were too tentative.

          Norman has gained a reputation as a corporate turnaround specialist after steering grocer Asda away from bankruptcy and eventually selling the chain to Wal-Mart Stores Inc in 1999.

          "Archie Norman's appointment is bound to have upped the pressure on Steve Rowe," said Tony Shiret, an analyst at Whitman Howard.

          "Today's announcements are more extensive than we had thought and maybe point to a more unstable position in the food business than anyone considered likely," he added.

          M&S will speed up plans to close 30 stores in the UK and relocate, or shrink, 45 others during the next five years. This reflects the shift to more online apparel spending.

          In food, where the company has recently stumbled after relying on its grocery business for profits, it is also scaling back plans to open 250 new outlets during the next two and a half years.

          Weir, who joined as CFO from rival John Lewis in 2014, will step back from day-to-day executive duties and seek board positions elsewhere. M&S has begun searching for a replacement.

          The management update came as the company reported that adjusted pretax profit fell 5.3 percent to 219.1 million pounds ($288 million) in the six months ending Sept 30.

          Still, those numbers beat analysts' estimates of 201 million pounds.

          The figures were fueled by better-than-expected data from its clothing business, where sales fell 0.1 percent in the second quarter. Again, this surpassed analysts' estimates for a 2 percent decline.

          Rowe's efforts to simplify ranges and cut prices on basic lines are helping stem a five-year slump in sales, while M&S is planning to open 80 Simply Food stores.

          But M&S has not decided on the scale of the cutbacks needed to its core business.

          The 133-year-old M&S is battling to revive its fortunes after falling out of fashion during the last decade.

          "The business still has many structural issues to tackle," said Rowe.

          China Daily-Agencies

          Most Viewed in 24 Hours
          Copyright 1995 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
          License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

          Registration Number: 130349
          FOLLOW US
           
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人综合色视频精品| 国产精品国产三级国产a| A毛片毛片看免费| 久久亚洲精品成人av无| 成在线人免费视频| 成人无码特黄特黄AV片在线| 国产精品免费视频网站| 国产精品一区二区色综合| 中国亚州女人69内射少妇| 加勒比无码人妻东京热| 老司机精品成人无码av| 国产精品综合一区二区三区 | 2019香蕉在线观看直播视频| 免费无码黄网站在线看| 无码国内精品久久人妻蜜桃| 国产日韩欧美黄色片免费观看| 亚洲国产亚洲国产路线久久| 亚洲精品中文字幕尤物综合| 蜜桃av多人一区二区三区| 99riav国产精品视频| 亚洲熟妇AV乱码在线观看| 无码国产精品一区二区av| 中文字幕午夜福利片午夜福利片97| 开心五月婷婷综合网站| 99国产精品自在自在久久| 色狠狠色噜噜AV一区| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 欧美黑人性暴力猛交喷水| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放| 亚洲AV永久无码精品一区二区国产| 亚洲国产另类久久久精品| 黑人巨大精品oideo| 国产av一区二区午夜福利| 美日韩在线视频一区二区三区| 亚洲国产精品综合久久网各| 亚洲精品免费一二三区| a午夜国产一级黄片| 日本一区二区三区视频一| 成人免费av色资源日日| 国产一区二区黄色激情片| 黄色网站免费在线观看|