<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
          US EUROPE AFRICA ASIA 中文
          Business / Industries

          On global steel overcapacity, is blaming China really fair?

          (Xinhua) Updated: 2016-04-21 10:43

          BEIJING - Before high-level government officials from nearly 30 countries and international associations of the steel industry gathered in Brussels for a three-day meeting on Monday, China was set to be blamed for the sector's grave ills.

          Last week saw tens of thousands of German steel workers go on strike over steel products from China, and Indian giant Tata's closing of mills in Britain also drew a media flurry against so-called dumping from China.

          Analysts said it's convenient for the West to point the finger at China and indulge in domestic populism for its own good. But such a poorly thought out strategy won't help lift the world out of its steel woes and serve instead to strengthen the protectionist bent of some developed economies.

          China: culprit or scapegoat?

          The fact that China is the world's largest steel producer and consumer has made it vulnerable to Western critics. But Zhang Ji, assistant minister of China's Ministry of Commerce (MOC), blamed "the slow recovery of the world economy" and "sluggish demand" for the current steel glut.

          "In recent years, 85-95 percent of steel produced by China has been for domestic consumption. China's annual steel consumption accounts for 45 percent of the global in total," he said Monday in an interview with Xinhua.

          In order to rein in production, China has stopped issuing new licenses for steel projects and begun shutting down outdated facilities.

          China also announced earlier this year that it will continue to reduce crude steel capacity by 100 million to 150 million tons in the next five years. Doing so would cost China 100 billion?yuan in re-employing over 500,000 laid-off steel workers.

          "None of the money will subsidize steel exports," said Zhang. "China has no subsidy policies to stimulate steel exports; instead, it has leveraged export tariffs on some steel products ... The export tariff for billet is 20 percent and for hot-rolled wire rod 15 percent."

          In this context, China's crude steel production in 2015 has decreased 1.92 percent year on year, the first annual decline since 1981, with the capacity utilization rate souring to 71.2 percent, higher than the global average of 69.7 percent.

          To boost domestic demand, Zhang revealed that China has began large-scale infrastructure projects like the rebuilding of dilapidated houses. The automobile, machinery equipment, power and shipping sectors will see their consumption of steel rise as well. Expect demand for steel to soar to ensure China's Belt and Road Initiative becomes a reality.

          Westerm solution: protectionism, period

          Analysts said the West's solution to the current steel issue is riddled in protectionism and China bashing.

          At the Brussels gathering, Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker and Trade Representative Michael Froman attributed the "fundamental structural problems" in the global steel industry to China, threatening "trade action" by "affected governments including the United States," if Beijing does not take actions "timely and concrete" enough to satisfy Washington's demands.

          The situation on the other side of the Atlantic hasn't been much better. The European Commission issued a policy paper in March, vowing to implement trade remedies and proactive regulation regarding steel imports.

          In an overt gesture to single out China, the agency has 16 protective measures aimed directly at China; six of ten steel products under its investigation are related to China; the organization is investigating three Chinese mills and inflicting punitive tariffs on two steel imports.

          Moreover, China's exports to European nations, such as Britain and Germany, account for a small fraction of their imports both in volume and sales, not to mention that its exports are mostly of the low value-added variety, such as ordinary steel rods and plates, which many European countries no longer make and have to import anyway.

          Furthermore, Europe's accusations are ignorant of the fact that the fundamental reason for its undynamic steel companies and low profits lies in high costs including labor.

          Experts say that the United States and Europe should be more constructive in solving the industry's problems rather than engaging in a war of words with China.

          Excess capacity is a "shared problem" that "needs to be tackled through joint efforts," said a position paper disseminated by the Chinese delegation during the Brussels meeting.

          "Frequent use of trade remedy measures and other import-restrictive measures does not address the root cause of global steel overcapacity, and is detrimental to the division of labor and cooperation," noted the paper, adding that China champions free and open international trade for the steel industry.

          Hot Topics

          Editor's Picks
          ...
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 人妻少妇精品中文字幕| √天堂资源在线中文8在线最新版| 九九久久人妻一区精品色| 欧美日韩另类国产| 色综合AV综合无码综合网站| 国产成人AV国语在线观看| 在线人妻无码一区二区| 极品一区二区三区水蜜桃| 亚洲人成网站观看在线观看| 婷婷五月综合激情| 91青青草视频在线观看的| 九九成人免费视频| 日韩AV无码精品一二三区| 视频二区中文字幕在线| 亚洲精品天堂一区二区| 国产亚洲情侣一区二区无| 欧美国产日产一区二区| 日韩人妻少妇一区二区| 国产精品一区二区三区自拍| 国产一区二区精品久久凹凸| 日韩卡一卡2卡3卡4卡| 免费A级毛片无码A∨蜜芽试看 | 中文字幕在线观看亚洲日韩| 国产内射XXXXX在线| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 老太脱裤子让老头玩xxxxx| 国产综合精品久久久久成人影院| 国产一区二区三区不卡观| 亚洲av日韩av永久无码电影| 69精品无人区国产一区| 亚洲欧美综合精品成| 91精品国产色综合久久| 2020精品自拍视频曝光| 国内在线视频一区二区三区| 国产成人精品无码免费看| 蜜桃久久精品成人无码av | 免费人成网上在线观看网址| 又大又紧又粉嫩18p少妇| 永久免费AV无码网站大全| 中文无码高潮到痉挛在线视频|